Need some help from the Recovery Gods

Search This thread
I have a pre_MF3 phone but my gf has this device with NC1 Bl, I was able to use geohot's root method to acquire root access. I have supersu installed but can't update binaries. I tried using goo.im to install a recovery but that seems to have failed (it says it installed successful). Each to I try to reboot recovery it boots into DL mode and will continue doing that until I pull battery and force a it into the "booting a custom software" screen to which then I can push vol down and restart it normal but cannot in anyway get it into recovery mode. I'm assuming this may have to deal with it being a "loki'd" recovery? Does this seem like a plausible issue? If it is what's the chances of say, since we can install I9505 roms that we could install the un- "loki'd" I9505 custom recoveries? Also, this isn't packaged with a recovery so, I'm assuming the best method of installing a recovery may be odin? Any feedback would be nice, Thanks in advance

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I have a pre_MF3 phone but my gf has this device with NC1 Bl, I was able to use geohot's root method to acquire root access. I have supersu installed but can't update binaries. I tried using goo.im to install a recovery but that seems to have failed (it says it installed successful). Each to I try to reboot recovery it boots into DL mode and will continue doing that until I pull battery and force a it into the "booting a custom software" screen to which then I can push vol down and restart it normal but cannot in anyway get it into recovery mode. I'm assuming this may have to deal with it being a "loki'd" recovery? Does this seem like a plausible issue? If it is what's the chances of say, since we can install I9505 roms that we could install the un- "loki'd" I9505 custom recoveries? Also, this isn't packaged with a recovery so, I'm assuming the best method of installing a recovery may be odin? Any feedback would be nice, Thanks in advance

Bootloader is locked. You can't have recovery besides Safestrap on any version past MDL 4.2.2. You'll have to reflash it with ODIN to fix the recovery issue and use Safestrap to flash ROMs.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running GPE

Reactions: Droidmissionary
Bootloader is locked. You can't have recovery besides Safestrap on any version past MDL 4.2.2. You'll have to reflash it with ODIN to fix the recovery issue and use Safestrap to flash ROMs.

Do you understand what I'm talking about ? Geohots newest root method that works on the s5 and everything? If so I guess what you're telling me is this isn't a true root method but merely a way to get a ss installed?

Sent from my Samsung-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I guess I was thinking this was a true root method. It does make sense that I'll need SS seeing as how the other recovery isn't working. I'll go try installing SS

Root is not the same as a bootloader unlock. Older phones only needed root, now that we have complicated locked bootloaders with checks we need more than just root to install a custom recovery and ROMs.

Reactions: Droidmissionary
Root is not the same as a bootloader unlock. Older phones only needed root, now that we have complicated locked bootloaders with checks we need more than just root to install a custom recovery and ROMs.

No I understand and that is all my fault. I guess all this hype made me think it was a true unlock. Not just root. Im sure the hype was mostly over s5

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
No I understand and that is all my fault. I guess all this hype made me think it was a true unlock. Not just root. Im sure the hype was mostly over s5

it's still only root, good progress note not the whole enchilada

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I guess I was thinking this was a true root method. It does make sense that I'll need SS seeing as how the other recovery isn't working. I'll go try installing SS

Yep,geohots is only root, still no recovery

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app