[Q] No Service and no sim.. GT-N7100

Search This thread

Faisalshiva

Nov 29, 2012
Hello and thank you for clicking into my topic.
i just bought a used Samsung Galaxy note II online and when i got it and put in my sim, i noticed that there was no service.
i can go WIFI and use apps and stuff but i cannot call or update firmware.
so i tried to reformat it using the system recovery boot.
and still no changes... i did some research in the phone and noticed i have no IMEI and there is absolutely no service in the phone.
tried to take of the battery to see the imei on the phone but the previous owner has taken the sticker off.
i've tried to contact the previous owner but he has deleted his account on the site i bought it from.
is there something i can do.. if i wanted a multimedia pad i would've bought a ipad :(
please i hope there is some kind and wise soul out there that has a solution on fixing my new phone.
thank you very much!:)

i have some screenshots but i apperently need to post 10 posts before i can attach them.
pm me i will send them to you.
*UPDATE
added pictures in XDA album.
http://xdaforums.com/album.php?albumid=11180

Last edited:

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
i just bought a used Samsung Galaxy note II online and when i got it and put in my sim, i noticed that there was no service.
and still no changes... i did some research in the phone and noticed i have no IMEI and there is absolutely no service in the phone.
tried to take of the battery to see the imei on the phone but the previous owner has taken the sticker off.
i've tried to contact the previous owner but he has deleted his account on the site i bought it from.
is there something i can do.. if i wanted a multimedia pad i would've bought a ipad :(
please i hope there is some kind and wise soul out there that has a solution on fixing my new phone.

i have some screenshots but i apperently need to post 10 posts before i can attach them.
*UPDATE
Which country are you in?You can try flashing official 4.4.2 stock firmware of your region,if it's not available for your country then I recommend NE1 France base from here extract the zip file you'll get a tar.md5 file put your phone into download mode (volume down+home+power) connect it to pc odin v 3.09.Wait for ID port to turn blue with ID COM id shown once successful usb connection established between phone and odin ,check the ap/pda tab in odin and select the above tar.md5 stock rom file you downloaded.Make sure only auto reboot and reset time are checked in ODIN and nothing else.Hit start and sit back and let odin do it's thing.

Reactions: Faisalshiva

Faisalshiva

Nov 29, 2012
Which country are you in?You can try flashing official 4.4.2 stock firmware of your region,if it's not available for your country then I recommend NE1 France base from link extract the zip file you'll get a tar.md5 file put your phone into download mode (volume down+home+power) connect it to pc odin v 3.09.Wait for ID port to turn blue with ID COM id shown once successful usb connection established between phone and odin ,check the ap/pda tab in odin and select the above tar.md5 stock rom file you downloaded.Make sure only auto reboot and reset time are checked in ODIN and nothing else.Hit start and sit back and let odin do it's thing.

Thank you very much for your answer.
i am in Denmark Europe, tried to google "4.4.2 stock firmware Gt-N7100 danish" but with no luck.
is it okay to use France base?
(not very experienced in mobile firmwares):(

Faisalshiva

Nov 29, 2012
Thank you very much for your answer.
i am in Denmark Europe, tried to google "4.4.2 stock firmware Gt-N7100 danish" but with no luck.
is it okay to use France base?
(not very experienced in mobile firmwares):(

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> N7100XXUFNE1_N7100OXAFNE1_N7100XXUFND3_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> sboot.bin
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> tz.img
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004> modem.bin
<ID:0/004> cache.img
<ID:0/004> hidden.img
<ID:0/004> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/004> RES OK !!
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/004> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/003> Added!!

Odin succeded.. it didnt change much but now the signal strenght is 0 dBm 99 asu .. before it was -113 dBm 0 asu.
also alot of apps started updating.
the mobile still says "No service" and when i Software update it says "Registration failed.
Network: Unkown
Mobile network type: unkown
Service state: out of service
Roaming: not roaming
Mobile network state: disconnected
my phone number: unkown
Imei: unkown.
Imeisv: unkown
Device status: official.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

*UPDATE
    Which country are you in?You can try flashing official 4.4.2 stock firmware of your region,if it's not available for your country then I recommend NE1 France base from here extract the zip file you'll get a tar.md5 file put your phone into download mode (volume down+home+power) connect it to pc odin v 3.09.Wait for ID port to turn blue with ID COM id shown once successful usb connection established between phone and odin ,check the ap/pda tab in odin and select the above tar.md5 stock rom file you downloaded.Make sure only auto reboot and reset time are checked in ODIN and nothing else.Hit start and sit back and let odin do it's thing.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-_sYJwYZbEKaDgzU1VfUmZVWEk/edit?usp=docslist_api

Try this modem

Flash wia recovery mode

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app