drowned my z1 (somehow bent it), straightened it, waterproof?

Search This thread

codral

Sep 23, 2010
Hi guys, not quite sure how but I managed to bend my z1, (odd because I'm extremely careful and only ever put it In my breast or side pocket, and am fairly careful) then killed it by going for a bit of a dip with it in my hands (maybe went 0.5m deep), I did not noticed it was bent until closer inspection after I dried it out (rice trick) anyway it works fine now, and I straightened it out (the tiniest bit of pressure brought it straight again, was shocked how easily it bends) but was just wondering if anyone had a pulldown of this thing, I'd like to see where the seals are etc, to make sure nothing would have been put out of place or ruptured. I'm assuming when the phone was bent the seal was spread open.

I tested it in roughly 10cm water for 10 minutes and it works fine still, but was hoping for the guide so I can decide whether I should send it in for repair and straightening or am confident with its abilities as is... Cheers!

Kirkymole

Jun 28, 2013
Swindon
Hi guys, not quite sure how but I managed to bend my z1, (odd because I'm extremely careful and only ever put it In my breast or side pocket, and am fairly careful) then killed it by going for a bit of a dip with it in my hands (maybe went 0.5m deep), I did not noticed it was bent until closer inspection after I dried it out (rice trick) anyway it works fine now, and I straightened it out (the tiniest bit of pressure brought it straight again, was shocked how easily it bends) but was just wondering if anyone had a pulldown of this thing, I'd like to see where the seals are etc, to make sure nothing would have been put out of place or ruptured. I'm assuming when the phone was bent the seal was spread open.

I tested it in roughly 10cm water for 10 minutes and it works fine still, but was hoping for the guide so I can decide whether I should send it in for repair and straightening or am confident with its abilities as is... Cheers!

Let me get this straight...YOU BENT YOUR PHONE?

codral

Sep 23, 2010
Yeah mate, these thing bend very easily, there's a heap of people around with similar issues, it's either not very well reinforced or its the type of aluminium they used. Have.had two aluminium HTC phones before which weren't a problem

reexe

Dec 4, 2010
I would not use mine in water after having bent it, however just saltwater and a non bent phone is no problem, i do it all the time even tho the manual says not ^^

Mighty_X

Jul 12, 2011

Mine was bent too suddenly. But it would take a lot of pressure to bend it straight again so I m a little scared of it. No idea how it happened but left top corner is bent down. You can see it- especially on plain surfaces.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts