[Q] about firewater s-off and temp root

Search This thread

Vampirøs

May 21, 2012
Aleppo
OnePlus 8 Pro
well guys i search about it but didnt know what it is

im coming from samsung device and i dont know what does (firewater s-off ) means

so can you please tell what is it? and is it needed to make the htc one m8 rooted and flash roms?

and what is the temproot?

thanks in advance

Reactions: live.with.coconut

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
well guys i search about it but didnt know what it is

im coming from samsung device and i dont know what does (firewater s-off ) means

so can you please tell what is it? and is it needed to make the htc one m8 rooted and flash roms?

and what is the temproot?

thanks in advance

If you don't know what S-OFF is, then you don't need it...all you need is to unlock the bootloader with HTCDev.com and then flash a custom recovery and then flash a custom ROM (or just root your existing one)

Also, read this...http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2711073

Reactions: Vampirøs

Vampirøs

May 21, 2012
Aleppo
OnePlus 8 Pro
Reactions: live.with.coconut

Shebee

Mar 9, 2008
Soff unlocks the whole system to be written or something.
Some mods require this.

You can try temproot before unlocking your device with htcdev.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Soff unlocks the whole system to be written or something.
Some mods require this.

You can try temproot before unlocking your device with htcdev.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Can you give an example which mods, when you unlock the bootloader and flash a custom recovery you can push superuser to gain root on your stock rom. Or install any rom you like including mods......they mostly just need root.

kfasheldon

Jun 17, 2010
Birmingham
S off will allow you to change cid (carrier I'd) of phone, you can make it super cid which will allow you to flash a y firmware you like for any m8 varient.

You will also be able to flash the adsp hk update for hk sound to work fully on models that the normal mod won't work

It will also allow you to switch between GPE and sense so long as you have a ruu image for each

It will also allow you to totally brick your phone if you don't understand what your doing

Better stick to HTC dev unlock as Rom and kernals can be flashed no problem , if it's a sense device GPE, cyan, asop and sense roms should work fine

Only issue you might get is Verizon or other USA specific

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Vampirøs

Top Liked Posts