Google Maps 4.6

Search This thread

MenoDev

Aug 19, 2010
Layers

A lot of new layers like "My Maps, Terrain, and so on".
What's the "OP" next to my nick name?

Glue

May 13, 2010
I can't find it in the Market. I have a HTC Legend and I'm from Romania. Could you please help me get it from another source or in another way?

IceBone

Mar 4, 2009
Anyone figured out yet how to change the distance units in Places? Everything else is in metric, but I get the damn distances Places in ****ing miles. :mad:

mtrax

Nov 24, 2008
also where do you put filter on Google map search?
eg how can I limit search
oh wait there is a little icon down the bottom left which shows me the search list page.
and yes I see the distance is in eerr.. miles.. I mean who uses that old system..

Last edited:

whiskeyGrimpeur

Nov 1, 2010
...and google still has yet to update the android maps API. The google map-kit for iPhone is still light years ahead of the android.

It's impossible to write a decent map app that performs anywhere near as well as google maps.

1asterisk

Aug 8, 2010
Lakeland
I would like to see my own layers. Pics of my kids doing stuff at parks, skateboarding, etc. That would be pretty cool. Point at the ocean and see my kid do an off the top on a wave from last spring. Hah.

Just a thought.

Sent from my FroyoEris using XDA App

whiskeyGrimpeur

Nov 1, 2010
You can do that now. You just can't get information about individual map tiles, even something as simple as onMapFinishedLoading() doesn't exist. That means your layers will (often) load before the map is loaded, which looks like crap.

1asterisk

Aug 8, 2010
Lakeland
Curious. Does it pull xif data from Picasa for the image overlay? You would think that would be pretty easy to pull off. I mean I would subscribe to other folks layers to see what they do, where they go,etc. So, if I follow a skateboarder and he shares his layer I can see what trick he did at places I also skate. Video embed would be even more awesome.