[APP] Time Tracker -- Need testers

Search This thread

Xezuka

Sep 10, 2010
Columbus
Hey everyone,

I've always wanted a quick time tracking app that didn't have a bunch of data pushed in my face.

I found writing down on paper was easier than these complicated apps/software. With too much to deal with, select, set, and fill out, before long I've spent a minute or more just telling it what I was about to do. So I decided to try my first attempt at an app for my Xoom -- which then extended to my phone.

I need some testers to try it out and give me some feedback. I recently added support for Android 2.2+ on top of the native support for 3.0 so it can be used on your tablets and now your phones.

All feedback appreciated!

Screenshots
As you can see I set 'Time Tracker App' as my default subject while I was working on it over the last few days; so each entry is titled for quick reference, which you can then click to view and learn more: exact times, a real-time counter, notes, ways to manage the entry, etc.

2.1.2 on my Xoom
yMkgMkJ

viJY35i

gFELYae

- Yes that's 7 hours counting in real-time... no limits on big projects

2.1.2 on my Droid X
p0EcE0S
-
6SyJo1D
-
1u9nG9T

UPDATED 5/9
- Attachment updated to newest release 2.1.2
- Added screenshots of Xoom and Phone in action

Attachments

• TimeLogv212.apk
    115.3 KB · Views: 614
Last edited:

g281274

Nov 19, 2009
hi i downloaded your time tracker on my xoom. looks pretty good but have not put in actual use. I was actually looking for an app to do my scheduling.

For example : event | SAT - SUN | breaking down on the timing and items for the event

does that make any sense to you ?

Xezuka

Sep 10, 2010
Columbus
Hey thanks for trying it out and giving some feedback!

What did you have in mind?

I see an idea here for setting up specific entries with predefined start/end times and having the timer count down to the start time. But let me know what you had in mind... you tell me the steps you'd want to take and the outcome of those steps =)

ex.
Click "Make an Event" or "Event", fill out the Subject and Start/End Time, this event is set between those dates. The timer counts down to the event start time, then counts up from there for the length of the event... etc etc!

This way you could add events/tasks/jobs AHEAD of time, rather than when you're sitting there about to start! I've already got the function in the app to do future tasks/events, I just haven't made it public. So the more feedback you can give, the better I can build it out =)

Another thought is having Events act as a group, that you can add timers to the group and then refer back to the group "Weekend Party" to see how all your timers under that group broke down.

I'm rambling... you tell me!

willverduzco

User Experience Admin
Staff member
Apr 30, 2010
Manassas, VA
Great concept.

Would you be so kind as to add a couple of screenshots so we know what to expect before downloading?

Xezuka

Sep 10, 2010
Columbus
Great concept.

Would you be so kind as to add a couple of screenshots so we know what to expect before downloading?

Thanks I appreciate it! I think it's a concept most people could really use -- at least I know I tried a handful of apps, but none of them did ANYTHING simply and actually ended up COMPLICATING things even further.

I put up some pics as requested! The Invoice function is a WIP where I plan on allowing you to add timers to build out invoices quick and easy. At the moment it's a data sheet for you to reference when you bill for the month, but with development going the way it has, that should be up and running relatively soon!

All feedback is welcomed... it's the only way these apps can get better. Something bugging you? Let me know as I can't test for everyone! =)

Last edited:

dekcufi

Sep 19, 2010
I am a contractor looking for a more robust time tracking app. I have tried several apps out there. I have not located a developer willing to work with me to get some real improvements to them.

There are several of them who have a great concept and template, just poorly implemented. The whole idea of having a tablet is to make my life easier, not to make me jump thru extra hoops and having to type in specific dates to sort out a weeks freaking work..

I will load it up on my xoom shortly and I am hoping it is a great concept and I am willing to spend the extra time to give you the input you desire

RinTinTigger

Nov 26, 2009
well, im testing this now since you offered it. one thing that got on my nerves was the registration/sign in. this would only be helpful if i can view all my tracks online as well, but i havent found where :)

the app itself works like charm and right now i didnt find anything that neees improvement. so, well done !

Xezuka

Sep 10, 2010
Columbus
You're head is in the right direction -- the login is meant for keeping your Tracking per account. I'm putting together a web service where you can manage everything from your computer/laptop and not have to do anything but log in! No syncing required, it's all done for you.

So between your tablet, phone, and then computer, it could be pretty nice =) I can streamline the registration and make it a little nicer though! Any thoughts on what could make it better?

RinTinTigger

Nov 26, 2009
You're head is in the right direction -- the login is meant for keeping your Tracking per account. I'm putting together a web service where you can manage everything from your computer/laptop and not have to do anything but log in! No syncing required, it's all done for you.

So between your tablet, phone, and then computer, it could be pretty nice =) I can streamline the registration and make it a little nicer though! Any thoughts on what could make it better?

just an option to not use it if not needed :)

but by now i ust like this app...would pay some cents for using it.

willverduzco

User Experience Admin
Staff member
Apr 30, 2010
Manassas, VA
Thanks I appreciate it! I think it's a concept most people could really use -- at least I know I tried a handful of apps, but none of them did ANYTHING simply and actually ended up COMPLICATING things even further.

I put up some pics as requested! The Invoice function is a WIP where I plan on allowing you to add timers to build out invoices quick and easy. At the moment it's a data sheet for you to reference when you bill for the month, but with development going the way it has, that should be up and running relatively soon!

All feedback is welcomed... it's the only way these apps can get better. Something bugging you? Let me know as I can't test for everyone! =)
Thanks for adding the screenshots. This app looks absolutely wonderful. I am going to feature this on XDA's front page in the coming days.

PS. Your use of the Fragments API is stellar.

Xezuka

Sep 10, 2010
Columbus
just an option to not use it if not needed :)

but by now i ust like this app...would pay some cents for using it.

I'll definitely take this into consideration! With 3g/wifi available nearly 100% of the time I'm using my devices, I began designing it to store the information off the device which allowed me to easily synchronization to your phone and soon a website. But for those that don't need this, it's a great idea that I'll surely look into! Thanks! :D

Thanks for adding the screenshots. This app looks absolutely wonderful. I am going to feature this on XDA's front page in the coming days.

PS. Your use of the Fragments API is stellar.

I'd be honored to see it happen! Being my first Android app I've been hesitant to release it into the wild and potentially watch my baby get slaughtered by the reviews... then again, maybe not ;)

Thanks again for the feedback and if there's anything you need let me know!

RinTinTigger

Nov 26, 2009
other currencies might be coool :)

also the counter starts at 06:00:00 it shows the right time once you completed. but the start time is weird

Last edited:

Xezuka

Sep 10, 2010
Columbus
I'm thinking it's going to be a matter of correcting the times for outside timezones. What time zone are you in?

If you PM me your username, I can place you under testing and make sure the fixes are working before taking it 100% live =) Thanks for the heads up!

UPDATE: Made a fix for the time being... I'll determine the TimeZone automatically in the future when signing up, but for testing purposes I've included a TimeZone selector under the Settings menu. This does not yet take into account for DST (Daylight Savings Time) although when I fix it up completely it will =) This also could allow someone traveling around the world to be in whatever TimeZone you please without losing your inputted data! Try it out! All your timers should adjust themselves when you change your Offset under Settings! I tested it with someone on the other coast of the US, now I just need someone across the world to try it! =)

Last edited:

dekcufi

Sep 19, 2010
Great news for people who are in different time zones.

The ability to put jobs and clients in sub folders is priceless to some....

Xezuka

Sep 10, 2010
Columbus
Great news for people who are in different time zones.

The ability to put jobs and clients in sub folders is priceless to some....

I completely agree! Do you have any ideas of how you could see this implemented while keeping the streamlined and easy to use interface?

Perhaps a separate tab with 'Folders/Groups' where you can create a 'Folder/Group' and have the ability to set your timers to a specific 'Folder/Group'? That way you could organize your timers accordingly?

RinTinTigger

Nov 26, 2009
Tested the latest build, i can now select a time zone, but still, the counter starts with 06:00:00

weird :/

Tested the latest build, i can now select a time zone, but still, the counter starts with 06:00:00

weird :/

This is certainly interesting and something I've been using Memento to do - many things that particular application is used for can become viable applications / packages in their own right.

One question though - why not create a Google spreadsheet within the users account to track data? Admittedly, you will be hosting a fascinating collection of data (not that you would use it like that, although I confess that I would be tempted) and you would rapidly gain a great understanding of application usage amongst your user base (that's a valid thing to do and one many developers would be evnvious of).

I look forward to trying the app on my HD2 Nandroid CM7 and shall report back.

Good luck!

yacchatta

May 11, 2011
Thank you!
A Great and easy to use app!
Could be usefull for me too. :)

The design is very nice, but there are a few design bugs. Maybe you should use another set of icons. The menu icons for example seems to be white on white, which makes them hard to understand. When there is no focus on "LogOut" it is just a sheared grey square, only when there is a focus you can see that is shall be an open door.

I have got the same problem. But it is just the counter. When you complete the timer the time span is calculated correctly.

I also found a little bug with currency. If you just registered and do not change the currency settings (default was Euro at me) then there are dollars shown in the app. And when I changed the setting to euro, pound or yen the currency symbol is not shown correctly.

Last edited:

Xezuka

Sep 10, 2010
Columbus
Countdown Timer
I have fixes in the works! The timer should now be fixed and count accordingly! Please let me know if this is not the case =)

Currency Bug
The currency bug is known and will be fixed within a few hours! You may see it all go away, then return, this is planned!

Thanks for all the feedback guys I appreciate it -- these are all great!

RinTinTigger

Nov 26, 2009
Still needed: a way to start and use the app without singing in, cuz i dont have internet sometimes at the tab and a customer :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

I've always wanted a quick time tracking app that didn't have a bunch of data pushed in my face.

I found writing down on paper was easier than these complicated apps/software. With too much to deal with, select, set, and fill out, before long I've spent a minute or more just telling it what I was about to do. So I decided to try my first attempt at an app for my Xoom -- which then extended to my phone.

I need some testers to try it out and give me some feedback. I recently added support for Android 2.2+ on top of the native support for 3.0 so it can be used on your tablets and now your phones.

All feedback appreciated!

Screenshots
    As you can see I set 'Time Tracker App' as my default subject while I was working on it over the last few days; so each entry is titled for quick reference, which you can then click to view and learn more: exact times, a real-time counter, notes, ways to manage the entry, etc.

2.1.2 on my Xoom
    yMkgMkJ

viJY35i

gFELYae

- Yes that's 7 hours counting in real-time... no limits on big projects

2.1.2 on my Droid X
    p0EcE0S
    -
    6SyJo1D
    -
    1u9nG9T

UPDATED 5/9