[Q] N7105T 4.1 - problems flashing custom ROMs

Search This thread

norkle

May 12, 2011
Have a N7105T on stock 4.1 + root + Philz Touch CWM, and am having trouble flash ROM's other than HashCheck (4.1).

Have tried PACMAN all-in-one (4.3) and Omni (4.4) as both 'N7100' and 't0lte' variants, with similar results for both.

The N7100 variants install but mobile not recognised.

The t0lte variants refuse to install. From what I can tell, it is failing to assert it is on a N7105T. EDIT: The Omni 4.4 ROM reports that I am 't03g'.

My process in each of these cases has been to perfom the installs from recovery: wipe/factory reset (clean for ROM), install zip, install google apps, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, boot to rom. I have an IMEI backup using the QPST tool.

I'm not touching modems at this stage. Also haven't run a stock 4.3 rom yet.

Others are obviously on 4.3/4.4 custom ROM's. I've been scouring xda for help but can't find the relevant advice. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: after seeing the Omni assert failure reporting 't03g' it now appears 't03g' matches the N7100, but I definitely have a N7105T. Refer: link autoroot.chainfire.eu and teamw.in/project/twrp2/115 where t03g is N7100 variant. As the t0lte ROM variants are aborting due to failing their asserts to identify my phone, is this a ROM build problem? Can't ask this in the dev section because despite being a 3 year member, haven't needed to post before. Can anyone suggest what info I could get from my phone that may be used by the ROM's to identify my phone?

Last edited:

norkle

May 12, 2011
SOLVED: PACMAN and OMNI ROM's hardware assertions for t0lte not including my N7105

Have a N7105T on stock 4.1 + root + Philz Touch CWM, and am having trouble flash ROM's other than HashCheck (4.1).

Have tried PACMAN all-in-one (4.3) and Omni (4.4) as both 'N7100' and 't0lte' variants, with similar results for both.

The N7100 variants install but mobile not recognised.

The t0lte variants refuse to install. From what I can tell, it is failing to assert it is on a N7105T. EDIT: The Omni 4.4 ROM reports that I am 't03g'.

Well it would appear the t0lte ROMs failing install at the assertion were the clue. The Omni ROM provided helpful information by advising I had a t03g (N7100) leading me to guess it wasn't detecting correctly.

Went into the Omni t0lte nightly ROM and modified the update-script to include 't03g' in the assertions (note: this is dangerous - t03g is normally the non-LTE N7100's) and installed using PhilzTouch recovery (with gapps and own modem). Modem and WiFi working beautifully, baseband being correctly detected etc. For anyone copying me, remember I had used the QPST to make an IMEI backup and am comfortable working with Odin/recovery etc.

Now, can anyone point me in the right direction to helping identify why my phone variant was failing the assertions, and who I should contact to update ROM's? I presume they are working on something common upstream, eg. CM.

Last edited:

norkle

May 12, 2011
another post

156 views and no input. A guy could feel like a ghost around here.

norkle

May 12, 2011

I would really appreciate some input on this. Anyone know the likely point of call for fixes in identifying N7105T vs N7105/N7100?

norkle

May 12, 2011
Finally worked out the problem was a N7100 recovery on a N7105 device. Updated recovery, worked and installed ROM, all better.

Info in case others make the same mistake.