which earphones

Search This thread

dur09

Apr 26, 2010
Ladce
Hello
i need help and i know that here are some audiophiles

i have desire and i want to buy some earphone to 40€+-30%
cant decide between in-ear and on/over-ear and i dont want some ****ty chinese stuff

can anybode help me?
thanks

aaa

Sep 7, 2003
I prefer to have over/on-ear headset since not every in-ears can fit my ears.
Lots of in-ears fall easily from my ears, getting the one which fits well is difficult as hell for me.

For these price range I suggest these on- and over-ear headphones:
1. Sony XB300 or 500 (I have a XB300)
2. Koss porta pro (My sister has this)
3. AKG K420 (not for big heads)

I am wearing XB300 for daily basis (subways, streets, etc.) but using Sennheiser PXC450 at home or for long journies especially on airplanes.
PXC450 is one of the best headphone have ever bought :)

Gupardox

Feb 18, 2011
I would highly recommend the Sennheiser CX400II!

These are in-ear and come with 6(!) sizes of rubbers for it. They cancel A LOT of voice. If someone is talking right next to you and you're listening to music you hear about nothing. Also the sound quality is very good, if you like bass, it's definitely a great set!

Greetzz

Gup

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

Found a link: http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheise...ssic-line_cxseries-in-ear-earphones-cx-400-ii

Price will be (in the Netherlands) around €35 ;)

dur09

Apr 26, 2010
Ladce
thanks for replies guys

i was thinking about akg k420, but they are plastic and i would brake them sooner or later

Sony XB500 and Sennheiser CX400II look really good, now i cant decide :-/

dokilein

Dec 5, 2010
I would recommend to think also about buying the Koss Porta Pro. I bought it for round about 25 € and I think the sound is better than my 100 € Bose Headphones.
I didn't expect much, but it has a brilliant sound and I was really, really surprised.
There are also 10 years warranty... Easy to carry and there's a bag and a 6.2mm adapter included.

Gupardox

Feb 18, 2011
I don't know but maybe there is a place you can test several types? We can tip a lot of things but all our ears and tastes are different.

Sent from my HTC Runnymede using XDA App

Aerinx

Mar 1, 2011
I have ordered this ones: hxxp://xxx.head-fi.org/t/576532/fxc51-review-a-supreme-value
I have read great things about this too: hxxp://xxx.koss.com/en/products/headphones/ear-clip-headphones/KSC75__KSC75_Ear_Clip_Headphones
x=w

BurnCK

Mar 16, 2011
I like the ones that came with my Desire....and when they stopped working I rang HTC who were more than helpful and sent me a replacement pair for free :)

yrp888

Nov 12, 2011
As an old-school valve amp & vinyl audiophile and former high-end hi-fi salesman, I suggest you need to be asking yourself the following questions:

1. What kind of music do you listen to?
2. How much looking isolation from external sound would you like?
3. Do you like your sound to be really neutral or "coloured"?
4. Do you have equalisation in your ROM or music app?

We've found the Koss Mirages are a great price, have a punchy dynamic sound with good external isolation, and are quite comfortable. Koss also have a great replacement policy.

I've just bought some Yamaha EPH-50's and am surprised by their great low frequency response and smooth natural highs. They convey a nice sense of space (as much as can be had in an earbud).

In terms of frequency balance, the lows are surprisingly deep and clean. They are a bit mid-bass heavy though, and they lack the high-frequency sizzle that some people incorrectly perceive as "clarity". Cymbals may appear a bit recessed but could be augmented with a bit of top-end EQ in your player. Despite this the top end still delivers a lot of detail.

Vocals are especially good and the more subtle nuances of well-recorded acoustic instrumental tracks are nicely defined and rendered. Bass drums have good punch on the right recordings.

Overall I find them very satisfying for relaxed non-fatiguing listening over a good period of time.

They also seem quite efficient on my HTC Desire (not renown for their ear-splitting volume) ... for me they are plenty loud at about 50%.

The only thing I'm not sold on with them is the are a bit fiddly removing as where the cable enters the driver is shiny chrome plastic that is a bit hard to grip.

dmisavenko

Nov 4, 2010
Kyiv
I use Monster Turbine for daily usage and these are the best in-ear headphones I've ever heard. They are really useful and bring natural highs as well as a good bass.

Hitschman

Nov 29, 2011
I prefer in-ears from Sennheiser (about 50.-) and normal, heavy headphones with heavy bass from Sony at home.

I don't think the Desire is all that great in terms of audio though, so I wouldn't spend to much there.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Wasted_Cobe

Jan 4, 2012
Skopje
i recommend getting the on ear headphones from Energy Sistem DJ 400. My friend has them and he let me try them on my Desire and the sound is phenomenal :D If u listen at 100% u cant hear anything around you and also what music you hear all others around you can hear it too. Their price is around 12-13 euros in my country..

stonegroover

Aug 9, 2011
Midlands
I use a set of Beyer Dynamic MMX100 In-ear phones/headset- excellent set of headphones, I find Sennheisers to be slightly too transparent/tinny and all Beyers seem to be slightly warmer- good enough for the majority of the music industry/music studios etc then good enough for me :)

They are usually £120 RRP, but if you look on Amazon.co.uk, one seller has them in stock and selling them for £79.99 with free delivery (Amazon currently selling them for £102.11).

dpp_04

Jan 9, 2012
for on-the-go earphones, IEM are the best. Off the bat, I would recommend something from Westone.

But since there is a budget involved, something from Ultimate Ears or Klipsch would be good.

iLikeTrees

Jan 9, 2012
I'm using some No Fear earphones, like stated before...Desire isn't an excellent audio device so I'm ok with them ^_^