please delete

Search This thread

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
I ran the ROM just fine before I installed that. So I'd say you'll be okay.

Also I'm slightly annoyed there are no sharing options from gallery. Is there a way I can restore this?

You need SocialShare.apk. Once I get Unified Ubuntop/Webtop+ done I'll upload a zip containing all the removed apk's.

krnfrk6663

Apr 24, 2008
Middletown
Anybody have the files to make the dock icons look like they do on LP? I use ADW. Tried to get used to LP but I don't like it as much. Thanks anyone who can help.

kurtcocaine

Feb 14, 2011
Cana nyone tell me how its the battery life and performance of this as compared to peetr's rom and CM 7.2?

Acvice

Aug 11, 2011
Imperium and peetrs are pretty on par. Id say imperium is slightly better. Cm7 worse than both but not by much.

Sent from my CM9ed MoPho!

sjamie

Aug 6, 2011
Has the wifi disconnect bug been fixed? Any other outstanding bugs? I'm getting ready to flash this ROM for the first time. It looks pretty cool.

suhaspatwa

May 24, 2007
Bricked, failed to boot 2

I had locked photon with electrify boot loader. and had deblur hybrid rom2.3.5 with 254_12 radio..
I tried flashing THIS rom with bootstrap and it went well, but when it restarted, i get failed to boot 2
what can i do to get this ROM on my photon locked?

suhaspatwa

May 24, 2007
That depends what version he tried. There are 2 versions posted in the OP. One for {unlocked} users and another (right below it) for {locked} users to flash via Bootstrap...

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Can you post link for locked rom?? I wonder this post mentioned that this will work on both..

Thanks!

Lokifish Marz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Can you post link for locked rom?? I wonder this post mentioned that this will work on both..

Thanks!

In all honesty your better off running Live ROM. It's slightly heavier than Initiative and peetr's Hybrid and retains almost all the stock functionality and looks. It's also far more compatible than any other ROM out there.

Last edited:

dragontology

Dec 29, 2010
North Carolina
Yay, holy four month thread necro. I'm running Imperium Initiative on my Electrify (yes, in this age of 4.1.2 ROMs) and I got a couple quick questions.

First and foremost, every time I reboot, the ROM wants to activate the phone... ostensibly with Sprint, and it fails, but if I cancel out (when it lets me, after it fails) it's fine and I can make and receive calls on US Cellular. It has "Sprint" written all over it. I don't care what it says as long as it's not forcing me to roam on Sprint (which I don't think is possible, I live out in the boonies in eastern NC and I don't think Sprint has towers here). But should I flash the GB/ICS ERI fix for US Cellular? Also, I have Titanium, and I've "Frozen" everything that says "Sprint" in the title, but it still does it. For "Home" choices I have Holo Launcher (I added that), LauncherPro (until I froze it), and something else. I think that's the culprit and the ROM is activating it on startup. How can I get rid of it?

Two, I have ROM toolbox and tried to change the battery icon. Is that possible? It told me to restart for the change to take effect. After going through the activation BS, the old icon remained. The red actually doesn't bother me, but I want to know what my battery is at a glance. I was going to replace it with another red icon, but one that would show me the numbers. (That being said, does this ROM include the 1% battery steps? I don't think it does but it's worth asking.) I don't like the WiFi icon either, but it is inventive. Never seen one like it. I do like your Bluetooth icon. I probably will only change the battery icon.

Three, if your phone is on silent when you reboot or power down, with the stock ROM, the boot animation sound doesn't play, but it does on your ROM. I know you've moved on from this ROM and are probably not interested in making a 1.0.6, but on the off chance you do, I thought I'd put that out there.

Four, the lock screen is stubborn. I'm wanting to use WidgetLocker to have my AccuWeather and PlayerPro widgets, and a nice Jelly Bean unlock wheel for a lock screen. It works, of course, but then I have to use the stock lock screen. I see you've themed it to look a little more like the stock Android 2 lock screen. Is there a way I can disable it entirely? In a custom ROM I would just disable the lock screen, and let WL manage locking. This works 100% of the time in CM7, and about 95% in the 4.1.2 ROMs (where lock screen cannot be disabled outright).

Lastly, it's a good ROM overall. First time I've had 2.3.4 on my Electrify. I think the biggest difference in 2.3.5 is 1080p video recording, and I don't care about that. The sunfire actually sucks pretty hard for video recording at any resolution (but this is true of just about any smartphone... I wonder about the iPhone, as its still camera is noted as being good) so I don't mind not being able to do 1080p video.

And a fun fact: If you play "Dragonborn" (the theme from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim) on Blur Music, it will display the lyrics. Why is this fun? Because the lyrics are all in the dovah (dragon) language. The only part that is in English is the title; the dovah translation is "Dovahkiin", which is chanted in the beginning, and maybe one other part. I thought I heard "Skyrim" and "Soule" (the composer's name) in the lyrics, but I was mistaken. It's all dovah. And Blur Music displays the lyrics. It's awesome.

Update: I restored back to AOKP (Jelly Bean) a couple days ago, and I noticed something funny. At my second job where 3G isn't the strongest, I couldn't get anything better than 2G (1X). I just chalked it up to poor signal (plus, they were hosting a job fair, a lot of people on the tower, maybe it got overloaded? LOL). Now I'm at my main job and I get great 3G out here, but guess what? Just 1X still. I started to write a post, then I remembered *228. I did that, and it said my phone had to be re-activated on US Cellular, or something. Then I remembered this ROM wanted to activate my phone on Sprint. I'm almost certain I can't be activated on Sprint with a US Cellular phone (and without signing up with Sprint, in any case), but it broke my 3G. I could still get online and I could still make and receive calls, but 3G was not available to me for a while. Oh, and I broke this ROM installation by deleting files with the name "Sprint" in them (oops!), so I was rather forced to flash back. This is a good ROM though, would definitely flash back if I could use it fully on US Cellular... and change the red theme to green. Sorry, it's my favorite color... specifically #0FFF00. A Blur-based, 2.3.x-based ROM will always be useful to me, if only to have as a backup.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Imperium Initiative 1.0.4 Update is now live.
    This is a ROM side update that will wipe your current setup so backup before flashing. A full version (ROM & WebTop+) has yet to be uploaded but I will update full download links when it is. I have not built a v1.0.4 bootstrap version. There is "Something Special" in the planning stages for ALL locked/rooted users.

Update:
    ROM Updater is now working. I will be tracking downloads of this version to determine whether of not to continue development. If you have a DL issue PLEASE PM ME and I will provide a different link so as to keep the DL statistics accurate.
    I'm back. Sorry for being gone for so long but stuff(I'll leave it at that). I have a bunch of catching up to do this week with the Compendium and ROM bugs/issues to handle. I'll try to have both done by weeks end.

Current bugs and issues;

1. Facebook contact sync-
    I left social media contact sync out for the a couple reasons but can create a flashable facebook.zip if you guys want. The main reason why it was left out is the way blur handles accounts. Contact syncs are controlled by blur account services and those services run even if you are not using them. Blur is so buried in the core framework that a reasonably functional removal/bypass is close to impossible. In order to reduce unused junk running in the background the crap-ton of blur account services were removed. The other reason is that let's say you have 10 phone contacts and 10000 facebook contacts. If your phone is ever exchanged or repaired and you request that your contacts be backed up, the cellbrite machine takes ALL contacts and merges them into one file. This one file then becomes your gmail contact file upon restoration. I have seen times where the user has had to spend days filtering/removing 1000's of contacts that are nothing more than a name, picture and FB profile link.

2.WiFi disconnects-While I was away I noticed this and also noticed that it tends to occur with either specific routers and/or 802.11N connections. I plan to update base code to 2.3.5 this week and we will see how that goes. WiFi issues on the locked version will be addressed as well.

3.Select multiple sms for deletion-Initiative is a hybrid ROM. Almost all moto apks have been replaced with AOSP/CM7 apks. This cuts down on the insane level of motoblur "integration" while retaining webtop. The drawback is that if the feature isn't in CM7, it isn't in Initiative. Think of Initiative as a BYO (build your own) ROM like CM (EVOdeck would be a better parallel) with core functionality that your make yours by installing what you want. (manufacturers/carriers useless crap rant deleted)

4.VTL Launcher version-Sorry about this. I was tracking a possible bug and uploaded the wrong file. I will resolve this in the next update.

5.Lapdock 500 issues-This really sucks. I was even planning on selling my dev mopho, Atrix lapdock and the Evo from Evo Desktop to get a lapdock 500. If there is enough demand I will still do so in order to provide lapdock500 support. (for those so inclined, I think the issues are related to deviceID and drivers. pulling drivers from supported phones may fix it)

I'm happy to see other mopho users helping out while I was away. Thank you. I also appreciate the effort to keep this thread on track. Trying to go over a month's worth of posts both in this thread and elsewhere is bad enough without having to filter out off topic stuff.

Thanks go specifically to spleef for his help while I was away. I agree with spleef that jokerstock and rockolocked are better locked ROM's. My target user base is also different then RockoDev's and my locked version was never a major focus for me.
    Any plans for a bootstrap version?

Unfortunately bootstrap and webtop don't get along so a bootstrap version would not have webtop+. The goal of this ROM is a tuned/lightweight ROM/WebTop setup that pushes the true limitations of the MoPho.

I installed the new camera apk file using root explorer, set permissions, rebooted and no camera. Went into recovery, wiped cache, fixed permissions, still no camera.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Did you wipe Dalvik as well? (I plan on having minor updates flashable over the base ROM so users don't have to reflash full releases)

That's what I thought...just get a little excited when I see the 4G icon, even though its "zzzz"

Until we have unlocked 4G I may remove or change the 4G icon so it doesn't show up.

I am really starting to like the launcher. Great rom.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

What til you hook up to a TV/lapdock and mirror in landscape mode.

Other issues not in this post
    I will be going back through the ROM and fixing what can be fixed and releasing an update today as well as a couple other goodies.