warning - Anker battery exploded in my sensation

Search This thread

z31tt

Nov 15, 2010
Something fishy...

If you look at the pic, it looks like debris from the battery is on the ground around it as if whatever happened to it happened while it was on the ground. Not in the phone. Why else would you take a pic of a battery sitting on the ground and not on a table or something?

dgenx210

Jan 10, 2011
Manila
If you look at the pic, it looks like debris from the battery is on the ground around it as if whatever happened to it happened while it was on the ground. Not in the phone. Why else would you take a pic of a battery sitting on the ground and not on a table or something?

I would think that if it was in the phone, the phone would be totaled as well.

nba1341

Feb 13, 2011
San Bernardino, California
This guy is a troll if a battery exploded in the phone the resulting phone would look like this

ay6bg6.jpg

as you can see by the expansion of the battery pictured. Also the battery pictured shows no signs of being an anker or a sensation battery for that matter.

ixon2001

Jul 15, 2010
Wigan
Alot of people on here have bought the Anker Battery inc me, so if this is true then it's a one off, otherwise alot more people would have reported on exploding Anker Batteries by now.

So those thinking about buying one there no need to worry about it killing your Sensation.

cosmin_b78

Jun 16, 2010
London
I'm using 2 anker batteries for the last 6 months. I have a standard HTC sensation, rooted with custom rom and overlooked to 1.51GHz. From my experience I can say that the phone is cooler with anker battery compared with the standard battery. I'm playing hungry graphic games and the battery is a bit hot, with the standard one is burning. I reckon that if is true and your battery exploded, must be a one off, or had some exteriors factors. This is my experience and I'm happy with my anker batteries.

Sent from my HTC Sensation with beats audio using XDA app

Shady Gambino

Mar 15, 2009
Los Angeles
I've also been using 2 Anker batteries with their universal battery charger, I just swap batteries when one dies, then charge the dead one. I hardly every plug in anymore and I've never had a problem. I'm stock, but plan on rooting once I get my replacement; my Sensation took a whiskey bath... :/

qdochemistry

Jul 9, 2010
This guy is a troll if a battery exploded in the phone the resulting phone would look like this

ay6bg6.jpg

as you can see by the expansion of the battery pictured. Also the battery pictured shows no signs of being an anker or a sensation battery for that matter.

I'm of the same opinion .. since the op took the time yo blow up a battery then come bragging about .. how bout blow up a sensation to make ur story credible? Other than that its total bs

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

smatthew45

Feb 28, 2011
Katy, TX
I'm of the same opinion .. since the op took the time yo blow up a battery then come bragging about .. how bout blow up a sensation to make ur story credible? Other than that its total bs

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

ya there's no way that a phone could look "fine" after that battery exploded while "inside" the phone...

complete bs... on a second note i will be getting a battery soon, possibly anker lol

xodren

Oct 13, 2011
Singapore
i had my phone running damn high temp one night...think screen wasn't turned off and forgot to close the app playing video cos i went to slp and was lazy

damn afraid it'd explode

mumooshka

Feb 4, 2012
I call bulltwang on this...surely an exploding battery like that would pretty much kill the phone...where's the pic of the 'fine' phone then? The width of the dead battery would definitely pull the phone asunder!

I have just charged my sensation with a brand new anker 1900mah battery..the charger's output was 5v DC (actually worried me) and the max voltage to charge this battery is 4.2 V.

The phone didn't even get warm...

Ste05

Jul 28, 2011
ya there's no way that a phone could look "fine" after that battery exploded while "inside" the phone...

complete bs... on a second note i will be getting a battery soon, possibly anker lol
It's clearly just a trolling attempt, logically the story does not make sense, post up a picture of the phone and then maybe more people will listen.

I've had the Anker battery for months without any problem.

IB4 "threw the phone out months ago!!"

dexter93

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
5e436153-0bea-d3f2.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk

xdviper

Jan 5, 2009
It could have been a bad batch, if that was the case, most of us have been using these batteries for months now, it sure would have exploded by now.

qdochemistry

Jul 9, 2010
It could have been a bad batch, if that was the case, most of us have been using these batteries for months now, it sure would have exploded by now.

The question is not whether the battery exploded but what kind of battery and where's the exploded phone? It would make very very little sense for someone to just keep the exploded battery and not the exploded phone. We want to believe you but we cant wo any prove . Can you please go blow up your sensation so I don't have to call it bs?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

moshe22

Mar 18, 2011
Well, I had a similar episode where my phone battery was super hot, so hot that it burned your skin if you let it sit in your hand for more than half a second.

At first, I thought it was the phone itself because it felt really hot, so I opened and took the battery out, and realized it was the battery.

When I took the battery out, it was inflated. I let it sit for about 2 hrs when it was finally cold, put it back on the phone and it didn't turn on at all.

My phone was turning on just fine with my OEM battery.

I still use an Anker battery but I don't trust it 100% anymore.

I believe him that it exploded, even if he didn't give all the details.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

dizzyraider

Jan 9, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Well, I had a similar episode where my phone battery was super hot, so hot that it burned your skin if you let it sit in your hand for more than half a second.

At first, I thought it was the phone itself because it felt really hot, so I opened and took the battery out, and realized it was the battery.

When I took the battery out, it was inflated. I let it sit for about 2 hrs when it was finally cold, put it back on the phone and it didn't turn on at all.

My phone was turning on just fine with my OEM battery.

I still use an Anker battery but I don't trust it 100% anymore.

I believe him that it exploded, even if he didn't give all the details.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

Yes, although very very rarely happens, there has been cases where battery malfunctions and "explodes". However with the way the Sensation is designed, the way the back casing encloses the phone, it is impossible for the phone to have no visible damage with the meltdown his battery had. It would have melted the surrounding plastic of the phone, it would IMPOSSIBLE for the phone to not have any damage, zero chance.

Last edited:

ungraph

Dec 30, 2011
This sounds VERY bogus. No picture of your phone, or any explanation! Without hard evidence, your claim, which is first of its kind, is unverifiable.

Moreover, how do you know for a fact that it was Anker Battery that caused the meltdown, and NOT exposing your phone to direct sunlight for a prolonged period, though HTC specifically & expressly warns against it on the Manual!

Furthermore, Ankers are well praised for keeping cool temperatures.

Conclusion:
The only plausible scenario is that you were running your GPS while driving, with your phone hung in direct sunlight, for a long time. I believe this is how you killed your previous phone ( HTC Desire ) as well, only you blamed it on a faulty motherboard.

Advice:
My experience with driving with GPS on, and phone in direct sunlight cause these phones to heat up to fierce temperatures and something will inevitably break - my HD2's previous digitizer, for example. So, it would serve you better to put your phone away from sunlight if you use it as your daily GPS device.

better luck with your next phone, and I hope u remember my advice.

P.S. And, don't think your Samsung Galaxy SII is immune to this!!!!
Do you happen to work for Anker by any chance?

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi freinds,
    Just wanted to warn you about the anker battery.
    Exploded in my device few months ago and forgot to write it in this forum.

m22ra.jpg

Have a nice weekend,
    k_ayal.
    LOL, wanted to know of someone is intrested.
    My phone is rooted, the rom was virtuous 2.1.0, regular OC to 1.5 GHz.
    The device was charged during the night and half an hour after I plugged it off the charger and was sitting in my car the phone exploded in the phone car holder doing nothing while explotion.
    Hope your dog is fine :)
    Hi freinds,
    Just wanted to warn you about the anker battery.
    Exploded in my device few months ago and forgot to write it in this forum.

Have a nice weekend,
    k_ayal.

This sounds VERY bogus. No picture of your phone, or any explanation! Without hard evidence, your claim, which is first of its kind, is unverifiable.

Moreover, how do you know for a fact that it was Anker Battery that caused the meltdown, and NOT exposing your phone to direct sunlight for a prolonged period, though HTC specifically & expressly warns against it on the Manual!

Furthermore, Ankers are well praised for keeping cool temperatures.

Conclusion:
    The only plausible scenario is that you were running your GPS while driving, with your phone hung in direct sunlight, for a long time. I believe this is how you killed your previous phone ( HTC Desire ) as well, only you blamed it on a faulty motherboard.

Advice:
    My experience with driving with GPS on, and phone in direct sunlight cause these phones to heat up to fierce temperatures and something will inevitably break - my HD2's previous digitizer, for example. So, it would serve you better to put your phone away from sunlight if you use it as your daily GPS device.

better luck with your next phone, and I hope u remember my advice.

P.S. And, don't think your Samsung Galaxy SII is immune to this!!!!
    Is your dog ok?

Sent from my HTC Pyramid using XDA App
    found this post while looking for anker battery selling points and I have to say, what a ridiculous post.

We're talking sensation here. and by the looks of the size of that battery then at least the battery cover should be torn. Considering said cover is solid metal where the battery is the phone should most definetly be damaged. No ss to back up it's either damaged or not. No story to back up your claim, ony "phone was fine doing nothing in normal conditions". I'm not buying that. A certified battery doesn't xplode doing nothing, it had to be stressed somehow.

I think the following; the picture shows a messed up battery on a pavement (a bit of shoe is vissible). I'm guessing you either found this thing on the street, took a pic and thought it would be cool to troll XDA with some weak argument. Or you toyed with a loose battery.

In either cases, you didn't expect the XDA community to actually think this stuff through before buying this crap and flame a generally well praised battery manufacturer. GL on your next troll attempt, which is clearly not on XDA.