[Recovery] EOS recovery (R6) CWM Based

Search This thread

Cubanluke88

Nov 18, 2011
Connecticut
Hy solarnz,

That is ok, i only wonder because so many posts about problems and no short answer from you.... If you have not the time to correct the bug, you should have the 10 sec to make a statement otherwise a lot of people get frustrating.

Best regards
Craxx ;)

PS: loving the 2.0.0 version on my Xoom:)

Gesendet von meinem LG-P990 mit Tapatalk 2

Solarnz doesn't owe you or anyone here a damn thing. I'm really getting tired of the entitlement attitude of some users on this forum. The developers don't owe you a thing, not even a response. Be patient and keep these sorts of comments to yourself.

Sent from my NookTablet using Tapatalk

Prack

Dec 6, 2010
Lino Lakes, MN
I have to agree with those defending Solarnz. These guys have jobs, families, homes with chores and other responsibilities. They don't work for you and don't owe you anything. This is not a tech support forum.

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
I have to agree with those defending Solarnz. These guys have jobs, families, homes with chores and other responsibilities. They don't work for you and don't owe you anything. This is not a tech support forum.
Yes, and it seems to me that there is always a disclaimer about using at one's own risk. It's usually a risk I'm willing to take, lol, but I do bear the risk myself.

Let's not alienate the developers!

scooby1024

Apr 27, 2008
Donate before you complain, that way you're putting your money where your mouth is. If you follow the apparent size limitation and don't flash a kernel, this recovery is okey dokey. Go play with the new rouge recovery until this is fixed. Better yet, fix it yourself.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: Craxx

tumpy

Dec 17, 2010
DFW
I just did a experiment with recovery R6 (Touch) by deleting my Eos rom 2.0.0. I first did two separate nandroid backups and then wiped everything. Went into recovery and tried to do a restore backup. System read:checking MD5 sums, MD5 mismatch!
This recovery needs to be pulled for more R&D, going back to tried and true recovery R4.

I have four roms that i test, blackice, cm9, eos2.0, and eos79, all done in R6 and never have your issues, the only problem i see (well) it is a bit sensitive when making selection.....

Reactions: Dane Bagley

jones7773

Sep 17, 2010
gentlemen, i'm an old guy with a Xoom xyboard (10.1 wi-fi). i rooted it, (thanks to the info found on this forum) when i first bought it... works Great. now, i want to put ICS on it.. i tried to use "Rom Manager Premium" ..but, it tells me that i must have ClockworkMod Recovery installed. i try to install, but, there is no optioni for the xoom tablet. ..i d/l recovery-clockwork-5.8.3.1-wingray-img, but don't know where/how to get rom manager to see it.
i tried quickboot, but, it just booted me into screen w/droid & exclamation point.
i just want to know how to update to ICS ....And... i don't mind contributing for help, i've bought quite a few of the apps you guys recommend

jones7773

Sep 17, 2010
But, isnt there a way to put ice cream sandwich on it? Or, maybe I have been searching for something that doesnt exist yet?????
Thanks

Sent from my XOOM 2 using xda premium

musashiken

Feb 22, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
OnePlus 5T
Hi, I think there's a problem with the touch recovery. I can't seem to flash kernels using this. The kernel flashed ok in the recovery but when I boot into Android, I can't OC my cpu and the kernel version in settings still says the old one.

I had to revert to the earlier non touch tiamat recovery and the kernel flashed properly.

uzi2

Jun 6, 2008
Hi, I think there's a problem with the touch recovery. I can't seem to flash kernels using this. The kernel flashed ok in the recovery but when I boot into Android, I can't OC my cpu and the kernel version in settings still says the old one.

I had to revert to the earlier non touch tiamat recovery and the kernel flashed properly.

People who bother to read the forum already know that :rolleyes:

iruiz2

Jun 23, 2011
I think it would be a good idea to state in the OP the known drawbacks of this recovery. To my knowledge:

- problems flashing kernels
- problems with /data partitions bigger than 2gb

Sent from my Xoom

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
Thread cleaned of junk posts. I left the good ones that say things like:

the devs don't owe you anything

this is not a tech support forum or customer service

devs do this as a hobby, they have families, jobs, homes, etc.

Stay on topic, and be nice to eachother.

@solarnz if you ever need me send a PM, I try my best to take care of developers wishes, thanks for all you do for the community!

ahmed007

Jan 13, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
guys need help ASAP when i wipe my dalvik cache it says

cache wipe complete
E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]

is this normal guys using the EOS recovery R6 CWM based

jinxerfelix

Aug 4, 2010
I am having a problem accessing custom recoveries.

I have a Verizon branded Xoom which was upgraded with the LTE modem (Stingray, yes?)

I unlocked the device using the fast boot command:

Code:
fastboot oem unlock

I downloaded the .img file provided in the OP and used the provided fastboot command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery eos-recovery-r6.img

When either using ADB or the volume down key to boot into recovery I get an android with a yellow triangle with an exclaimation point. I am able to mash a few buttons and what appears to be the original Android Recovery pops up.

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: nevermind - a little reading in the CWM thread gave me the answer... have to enter recovery during initial reboot or the default recovery image is re-written to the partition.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DEPRECIATED. PLEASE USE TWRP INSTEAD

CWM5 Based recovery for the Motorola Xoom.

Main features:
    • Tar backups (Application extraction in Titanium backup)
    • Dual storage support - uses both the internal storage and the external sdcard
    • Openrecovery scripting support - Supports flashing through the GooManager application
    • Softkey version available (based on the original touch recovery for the Galaxy Nexus)

Notes:
    • By default nandroid progress is hidden. To show the nandroid progress, place a file called .shownandroidprogress at /sdcard/clockworkmod
    • Nandroid backups from an earlier recovery will not work.

Installation
    Flash the zip file through recovery.

OR

Flash the image with fastboot
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery eos-recovery-r6.img

Downloads:

Normal version

Softkey Version
    Thread cleaned of junk posts. I left the good ones that say things like:

the devs don't owe you anything

this is not a tech support forum or customer service

devs do this as a hobby, they have families, jobs, homes, etc.

Stay on topic, and be nice to eachother.

@solarnz if you ever need me send a PM, I try my best to take care of developers wishes, thanks for all you do for the community!
    Solarnz please could you post a statement :)

Gesendet von meinem LG-P990 mit Tapatalk 2

I haven't had time to look into these issues yet.

Please remember this is only a hobby, I'm not employed to do any of this.
    I personally want to rape the thanks button for this thread. NO MORE VOLUME BUTTONS!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my Xoom using XDA

WTF.jpg

BAD choice of words dude -
    False sense of hope :'(

http://img.ly/gYiW

The four bottoms on the bottom of the screen are as follows from left to right:
    Back
    Up
    Down
    Enter/Select

The options can't be physically touched. You have to use the soft keys to scroll through the options.

Still better than using the volume rocker and power button but not what I was expecting.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

... What did you think "Softkeys" meant? There is a reason why I didn't say it was a touch recovery...