[Q]ADB works, but fastboot won't recognize device. Can't update TWRP to 2.7 for kitka

Search This thread

kaceps

May 2, 2011
Hello.

I have a KFHD 7" happily running under Hashcode's CM10.0. I'd like to update to kitkat.
For that, it seems I need to upgrade my recovery from TWRP 2.4 to 2.7. ( If the rom should install under TWRP 2.4, let me know, cause I got an error when I tried. )

So, after messing a bit with my drivers, I got ADB to work fine.

However, I need fastboot to update recovery. My Kindle can go into fastboot, no problem.

But windows just won't recognise it. "Fastboot devices" always show no devices connected.

I tried with various drivers ( including those from QEMU thread ) on 2 differents computers.

So I'm starting to wonder if there is something I missed in the virious threads. Is there something I should know that would prevent me from seing the device under fastboot but not ADB ?

LinearEquation

Aug 26, 2013
Midwest
Hello.

I have a KFHD 7" happily running under Hashcode's CM10.0. I'd like to update to kitkat.
For that, it seems I need to upgrade my recovery from TWRP 2.4 to 2.7. ( If the rom should install under TWRP 2.4, let me know, cause I got an error when I tried. )

So, after messing a bit with my drivers, I got ADB to work fine.

However, I need fastboot to update recovery. My Kindle can go into fastboot, no problem.

But windows just won't recognise it. "Fastboot devices" always show no devices connected.

I tried with various drivers ( including those from QEMU thread ) on 2 differents computers.

So I'm starting to wonder if there is something I missed in the virious threads. Is there something I should know that would prevent me from seing the device under fastboot but not ADB ?

You need to setup fastboot in your environment. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oaNM-lt_aHw

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running CM 11 4.4.2 with ElementalX Kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
You don't need fastboot to update recovery, find hashcode's twrp thread and download the flashable zip, you just flash it from in twrp and reboot into recovery again and it will be updated.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk