Mytouch Slide WIFI TETHER STABLE APK FILE

Search This thread

TheRealEvo

Jun 6, 2010
Been searching for it for a while and found many that where working but none that worked for more than 15 seconds then crashed, got this one now, and it works great. Been testing it for the last hour, and even using right now as i type this. It is attached to the attachment, download and install the APK. Enjoy guys :)

NO CREDIT GOES TO ME, IT ALL GOES TO THE CREATOR OF wifitether*pre3.apk

Credit GOES TO skullkandy

Attachments

• wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre3-test3.apk
    330.6 KB · Views: 3,818
Last edited:

IndikuT

Feb 8, 2009
Seattle
No link displayed (for me), and this was discovered a couple days ago with the wifitether*pre3.apk (would give credit to who discovered it, but on my phone, too lazy to search back, and retype this)

EDIT: got unlazy for a second. Credit was for skullkandy

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

TheRealEvo

Jun 6, 2010
No link displayed (for me), and this was discovered a couple days ago with the wifitether*pre3.apk (would give credit to who discovered it, but on my phone, too lazy to search back, and retype this)

EDIT: got unlazy for a second. Credit was for skullkandy

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

added to the root thread post, thanks for the info bro.

skullkandy

Jun 22, 2010
This has worked consistently for me since install.

It also seems to not need any sort of special install procedure, you can just drop the apk and install from astro or whatever file manager you use.

vdub804

Sep 2, 2008
works perfectly posting this reply using the connection dowload 1.76mb/s upload 1.23mb/s

Clom801

May 18, 2010
Rialto,CA
Wifi tether

You actually don't need a file manager to install just download it from your slide and it will ask if you want to install after it is done loading to your memory card.(Of course you need ROOT and su permission) Thanks!:D

pasleylg

Jun 12, 2009
her does anyone know if wifi tether can tether to android phones? I heard that the EVO can do it I really need this on my slide.

HebrewToYou

Feb 9, 2010
her does anyone know if wifi tether can tether to android phones? I heard that the EVO can do it I really need this on my slide.
Huh? The wifi tether app creates an access point that any wifi-capable device can connect to. And as [most, if not all] Android handsets have wifi capabilities they should be able to join that access point to snag the wireless connection.

pasleylg

Jun 12, 2009
Huh? The wifi tether app creates an access point that any wifi-capable device can connect to. And as [most, if not all] Android handsets have wifi capabilities they should be able to join that access point to snag the wireless connection.

I thought so too until I tried it with my G1.. something about adhoc modem won't allow android to android connection. I'm so jealous I wish I had an evo now.

jonulf

Jul 3, 2010
Ok, when I try to install while on my phone it says there is a problem parsing the package... ?

NM, it was the wrong APK that had the same name, just ._ at the beginning that I was trying.

By the way, thanks for the app (OP and peeps who made it).

On my MT3GS it is working great! Also running the Teamslide Nonsense ROM, just put the apk on the sdcard and installed.

I'm on OSX and it doesn't actually show up as a network, it shows up as a p2p connection. Not sure if that would make a difference for people that might be having trouble, but basically if you get the app installed and the tether started, it might just be computer settings.

Last edited:

jeremycindy07

Jul 28, 2009
Atlanta
Causes reboot on my Slide running CM Nightlies... (8/12/2010) Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Need to check the log but it is consistent, does the same thing with AdFree.

faylix

Sep 8, 2009
Boston
Not sure if its compatibility with Froyo since (technically speaking) Froyo is suppose to have built-in Hotspot support.

Both Eugene and #teamslide's rom advertised it as working with cm nightlies...

I tried replacing the su and toolbox files in the zip... fresh install still no love.

- faylix / local

donkey72

Jul 5, 2010
Has anyone else noticed the wifi tether breaking on eugenes rc6 and teamslide1.71 after flashing the dopio kernel? Cyanogen rc1 seems to reboot on all. It seems like all ROMs that have modified kernel's have caused wifi tether to not work. I am running CR's Full OTA with wifi tether working. After flashing any dopio kernel the thether no longer works (I have tried 2_0_5 pre3, 7 and 8).

Last edited:

Melachiah

Oct 26, 2009
I just updated my girlfriend's 3G Slide to the latest CM build (6.0.0) and Wifi Tether is causing reboots for her as well. My Google-fu is wearing thin.
I tried the built in USB tethering as well and regardless of the driver I use once USB tethering is turned on it can't find the driver.
Not sure if it's connected.
Same driver issue is happening with PDANet, on 2 laptops. One running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, the other running Vista Home Premium 32 bit.

This big issue is with WifiTether rebooting the phone. Hopefully someone can come up with a fix for it.

(I've also tried every version of WifiTether as well, happens with each version no matter what.)