LEAKED JELLY BEAN ROM!TEMPORARY FAQ! Read First!

Search This thread

shadehh

Mar 27, 2011
I'm sure many are seeking for the answer on how to flash this rom? Well then head over to question #7 - for a more informative guide follow this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1920060

With the release of these jb roms there is a crap load of questions popping up. A lot of cid questions as well which are being repeated over and over. With this thread i hope to put an end to it.

Any questions that pop up i will try to answer as well as add to this list as time passes by, until eventually we have an ota and things settle in. Feel free to ask questions, if i cant answer, another person will. New questions are added to first page.
Overview
Q1:I want to install the jelly bean rom that has been leaked, how do i do this?
Q2: How do i check what my cid number is?
Q3: If i update my hboot, will i be able to use my previous ics rom?
Q5:Can i change my cid number, is there an alternative route? I MUST HAVE IT!!
Q6: Must the hboot be updated in order to be able to upgrade to jelly bean in future?
Q7: How do i flash the jelly bean roms?
Q8: On which cids to the firmwares work?
Q9: Will future updates make it possible for us to upgrade without updating hboot?
Q10: Should you install the new rom or wait? (This question might seem silly but i've seen people asking)
Q11:How can i check which RUU i need?
Q12:Is there actually an easier method to update hboot for us custom users in future releases or are following those steps a must for everybody?
Q13: What kernel# does the leaked Jelly Bean kernel have?

A1: The leaked jelly bean roms need a certain cid, not every cid number works. Either you are lucky enough to have it or not.
It is looking bad for branded phones at the moment

A2:You can download the so called "cid getter" from the app store. Your cid # should be listed on top. If not.....
Alternatively you can try the following command in fastboot:
Fastboot oem readcid

A3: At the moment there is noway you can downgrade to ics once you have acquired jelly bean

Q4:When will we get an official jelly bean update?
A4: This month.
But when? It could be as soon as next week or as late as end of October.

A5:No. And no.

Q6: Must the hboot be updated in order to be able to upgrade to jelly bean in future?
A6:So far the answer seems to be leaning more towards a yes then a maybe or no.

A7: 1. Relock bootloader: - fasboot oem lock
2. Boot device
2a. If device reboots to bootlader mode then flash a stock ruu and reboot to phone mode (ensure usb debugging is on - Settings/Developer options)
3. From command prompt enter: -adb reboot oem-78
4. Flash firmware: - fastboot flash zip nameoffirmwarefile.zip
5. Unlock bootloader again using your original unlock code: - fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
6. Flash custom recovery: - fastboot flash recovery nameofrecoveryfile.img
7. Flash boot.img from rom zip: - fastboot flash boot boot.img
8. Flash rom zip through recovery
9. Reboot and enjoy

Thank you ClydeB1 for the steps

A8:
cidnum: HTC__001
cidnum: HTC__E11
cidnum: HTC__203
cidnum: HTC__102
cidnum: HTC__405
cidnum: HTC__Y13
cidnum: HTC__A07
cidnum: HTC__304
cidnum: HTC__M27
cidnum: HTC__032
cidnum: HTC__016
cidnum: HTC__J15

Q9: Will future updates make it possible for us to upgrade without updating hboot?
A9: It's too early to tell, however, from what i've read this looks like it won't be possible.

Q10: Should you install the new rom or wait? (This question might seem silly but i've seen people asking)
A10: That is up to you. However, i'll list the pros and cons
pros: More fluid, has a bunch of improvement as well as power saver option. Wireless lan as well as radio signal seem to get established much faster.
cons: Limited number of roms, not really much variation. It's a leak, and a leak has bugs - so don't expect it to run at 100%
That also means, no miui, no cm10,ice cold jelly(at least a lot of stuff in the original android development section) close to nothing at the moment. However, if jelly bean satisfies you then i see no reason why you shouldn't update.
Gaming:For the HoX game lovers out there, it's probably safe to say that you should not upgrade just yet. Certain kernels are probably not supported which enhance your gaming experience.

A11: Open cmd.exe and type "fastboot getvar version-main" without quotes.

Q12:Is there actually an easier method to update hboot for us custom users in future releases or are following those steps a must for everybody?
A12: Nope, at least not for s-on devices. -Mike1986_(ARHD)

A13: 3.1.10

Last edited:

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
Perhaps add the steps again to flash:

Before you start take a backup of your sd card and ensure that your phone is charged, at least 70% to be safe
1. Relock bootloader: - fastboot oem lock
2. Boot device
2a. If device reboots to bootlader mode then flash the appropriate stock ruu for your device and then reboot to phone mode (ensure usb debugging is on - Settings/Developer options) (To find which ruu to flash run fastboot getvar version-main, or else you can try the odexed Stock rom + boot.img from Mike's thread)
3. From command prompt enter: - adb reboot oem-78
4. Flash firmware: - fastboot flash zip nameoffirmwarefile.zip (NB! If this step fails, immediately rerun the cmd and it should work the 2nd time)
5. Unlock bootloader again using your original unlock code: - fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
9. Reboot and enjoy

Edit: Updated method for flashing from hboot 1.23 to 1.28
1. Relock bootloader - fasboot oem lock
2. Enter command - fastboot oem rebootRUU
3. Flash firmware: - fastboot flash zip nameoffirmwarefile.zip (NB! If this step fails, immediately rerun the cmd and it should work the 2nd time)
4. Unlock bootloader again using your original unlock code: - fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
5. Flash custom recovery: - fastboot flash recovery nameofrecoveryfile.img
6. Flash boot.img from rom zip: - fastboot flash boot boot.img
7. Flash rom zip through recovery
8. Reboot and enjoy

Last edited:

dani_nec

Apr 30, 2012
Barcelona
Another question to clarify ..
we must install the RUU after just lock the bootloader , right?

I understand that it is absolutely necessary, as the custom rom in "relocked" did not start, right?

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
Another question to clarify ..
we must install the RUU after just lock the bootloader , right?

I understand that it is absolutely necessary, as the custom rom in "relocked" did not start, right?
For some it does appear to reboot, so try that first, if not then you will need to flash a stock ruu.
can u list the CID's that are valid in the OP please?
Firmware will only flash on the phones with the following CID

dani_nec

Apr 30, 2012
Barcelona
Perfect.

As we know that RUU corresponds with our CID? I for example, taking the HTC__102 ...

All of these questions is to help more people who may have the same doubts lol

dani_nec

Apr 30, 2012
Barcelona
here is a list of cids and regions, maybe that helps...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1195475

Ok, I know that .. but in the name of the only places RUU asia, europe etc etc. .. CID does not indicate that RUU is for each

understand because in my case, a German HTC__102 the correct RUU would be this:

RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_S_HTC_Europe_2.17.401.2_Radio_2.1204.135.20_release_274900_signed

correct? CID for all of Europe (not anchored to company phones of course) would be the same RUU

Higgins12

Nov 20, 2007
Ok, I know that .. but in the name of the only places RUU asia, europe etc etc. .. CID does not indicate that RUU is for each

understand because in my case, a German HTC__102 the correct RUU would be this:

RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_S_HTC_Europe_2.17.401.2_Radio_2.1204.135.20_release_274900_signed

correct? CID for all of Europe (not anchored to company phones of course) would be the same RUU

You just can use the (odexed) ROM + Recovery + Boot Image from Mikes Thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1546970

Works fine though. Did that on mine (HTC_102) no Problem

dani_nec

Apr 30, 2012
Barcelona
In my case the RUU didn't work. Don't know what was the Problem but it always jumped out of the flashing progress (this RUU can't be flashed ... bla bla bla)

If .. I remember with the desire or sensation .. the damn RUU! can not flash RUU for Jupiter is far ... can not flash RUU that the LCD is dirty ... can not flash RUU that you have not eaten breakfast.

I will I have the RUU panic

bedobela

Aug 29, 2008
Sfintu Gheorghe
I also have a question...

Until now I have received all the updates in time. I have a Cid HTC__32 BUT even though I have bought it from a separate store in Romania as an unlocked device, it boots with a vodafone logo and all the updates had Vodafone apps installed...

Am I risking anything here? Mine seems like a branded device but it is sim unlocked and cid as mentioned before.

I am a bit confused honestly. If noone knows for sure I wold rather wait for a more simple and secure road to jb.

Btw. If I didn't unlock the bootloader and didn't root yet, I can skip those first few steps right?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009

Until now I have received all the updates in time. I have a Cid HTC__32 BUT even though I have bought it from a separate store in Romania as an unlocked device, it boots with a vodafone logo and all the updates had Vodafone apps installed...

Am I risking anything here? Mine seems like a branded device but it is sim unlocked and cid as mentioned before.

I am a bit confused honestly. If noone knows for sure I wold rather wait for a more simple and secure road to jb.

Btw. If I didn't unlock the bootloader and didn't root yet, I can skip those first few steps right?

As long as your cid matches, you're good to go. Yea, no need to run the first steps as you are already locked and on stock.

shadehh

Mar 27, 2011

1. Relock bootloader: - fasboot oem lock
2. Boot device
2a. If device reboots to bootlader mode then flash a stock ruu and reboot to phone mode (ensure usb debugging is on - Settings/Developer options)
9. Reboot and enjoy

Thanks for posting that! I was not 100% sure on how to do it myself since i can't upgrade and didn't bother so far. Good to see that riddle solved.

backfromthestorm

Jul 2, 2011
47000 places at once.
Last edited:

backfromthestorm

Jul 2, 2011
47000 places at once.
modelid: PJ4610000
mainver: 3.09.401.100
hbootpreupdate:12
RadioVer: 5.1204.162.29
erasebcid: 1

Directly from Android-info.txt

I repeat - HTC_002 shouldnt of flashed!

ClydeB1

May 6, 2009
modelid: PJ4610000
mainver: 3.09.401.100
hbootpreupdate:12
RadioVer: 5.1204.162.29
erasebcid: 1

Directly from Android-info.txt

I repeat - HTC_002 shouldnt of flashed!
No you asked HTC__102, check your posts ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm sure many are seeking for the answer on how to flash this rom? Well then head over to question #7 - for a more informative guide follow this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1920060

With the release of these jb roms there is a crap load of questions popping up. A lot of cid questions as well which are being repeated over and over. With this thread i hope to put an end to it.

Any questions that pop up i will try to answer as well as add to this list as time passes by, until eventually we have an ota and things settle in. Feel free to ask questions, if i cant answer, another person will. New questions are added to first page.
    Overview

A1: The leaked jelly bean roms need a certain cid, not every cid number works. Either you are lucky enough to have it or not.
    It is looking bad for branded phones at the moment

A2:You can download the so called "cid getter" from the app store. Your cid # should be listed on top. If not.....
    Alternatively you can try the following command in fastboot:
    Fastboot oem readcid

A3: At the moment there is noway you can downgrade to ics once you have acquired jelly bean

Q4:When will we get an official jelly bean update?
    A4: This month.
    But when? It could be as soon as next week or as late as end of October.

A5:No. And no.

A6:So far the answer seems to be leaning more towards a yes then a maybe or no.

A7: 1. Relock bootloader: - fasboot oem lock
    2. Boot device
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Thank you ClydeB1 for the steps

A8:

A9: It's too early to tell, however, from what i've read this looks like it won't be possible.

A10: That is up to you. However, i'll list the pros and cons
    pros: More fluid, has a bunch of improvement as well as power saver option. Wireless lan as well as radio signal seem to get established much faster.
    cons: Limited number of roms, not really much variation. It's a leak, and a leak has bugs - so don't expect it to run at 100%
    That also means, no miui, no cm10,ice cold jelly(at least a lot of stuff in the original android development section) close to nothing at the moment. However, if jelly bean satisfies you then i see no reason why you shouldn't update.
    Gaming:For the HoX game lovers out there, it's probably safe to say that you should not upgrade just yet. Certain kernels are probably not supported which enhance your gaming experience.

A11: Open cmd.exe and type "fastboot getvar version-main" without quotes.

A12: Nope, at least not for s-on devices. -Mike1986_(ARHD)

A13: 3.1.10

Before you start take a backup of your sd card and ensure that your phone is charged, at least 70% to be safe
    1. Relock bootloader: - fastboot oem lock
    2. Boot device
    2a. If device reboots to bootlader mode then flash the appropriate stock ruu for your device and then reboot to phone mode (ensure usb debugging is on - Settings/Developer options) (To find which ruu to flash run fastboot getvar version-main, or else you can try the odexed Stock rom + boot.img from Mike's thread)
    3. From command prompt enter: - adb reboot oem-78
    4. Flash firmware: - fastboot flash zip nameoffirmwarefile.zip (NB! If this step fails, immediately rerun the cmd and it should work the 2nd time)
    9. Reboot and enjoy

Edit: Updated method for flashing from hboot 1.23 to 1.28
    1. Relock bootloader - fasboot oem lock
    2. Enter command - fastboot oem rebootRUU
    3. Flash firmware: - fastboot flash zip nameoffirmwarefile.zip (NB! If this step fails, immediately rerun the cmd and it should work the 2nd time)
    4. Unlock bootloader again using your original unlock code: - fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
    5. Flash custom recovery: - fastboot flash recovery nameofrecoveryfile.img
    6. Flash boot.img from rom zip: - fastboot flash boot boot.img
    7. Flash rom zip through recovery
    8. Reboot and enjoy

As long as your cid matches, you're good to go. Yea, no need to run the first steps as you are already locked and on stock.
    can u list the CID's that are valid in the OP please?
    Perfect.

As we know that RUU corresponds with our CID? I for example, taking the HTC__102 ...

All of these questions is to help more people who may have the same doubts lol

here is a list of cids and regions, maybe that helps...
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1195475