justkarol

Apr 26, 2008
Colchester, VT
Downloads Required
• CF-Root package (Download Here)
• Odin3 v3.07 (Download Here)

Steps to Root Galaxy S4 I9500 Running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware

Step 1: Extract Odin 3.07 .zip file.

Step 2: Turn off the Galaxy S4 and boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. Once you see the Galaxy S4 Logo, release the Power button and continue holding the other two buttons. Click Volume Up to continue into Download Mode.

Step 3: Launch Odin on computer as an Administrator.

Step 4: Connect the Galaxy S4 to computer with USB cable while in Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device and then the ID: COM box will turn light blue with the COM port number. Furthermore, when the device is connected successfully, a message saying "Added!" appears on screen.

Step 5: In Odin, tap PDA button and select CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.tar.md5 file.
Ensure the Re-Partition option is unchecked.

Step 6: After verifying step 5, click Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin.

Step 7: After the root installation completes, your phone will reboot and soon a PASS message with green background appears at the top left-most box in Odin. It is now safe to disconnect the USB cable and remove the phone from computer.

Galaxy S4 I9500 is now rooted successfully on Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware. Launch app drawer on the phone and check for SuperSU in the apps list to verify root installation.

Step 8: Launch SuperSU app and update the binaries as normal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Downloads Required
    • CF-Root package (Download Here)
    • Odin3 v3.07 (Download Here)

Steps to Root Galaxy S4 I9500 Running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware

Step 1: Extract Odin 3.07 .zip file.

Step 2: Turn off the Galaxy S4 and boot it into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together. Once you see the Galaxy S4 Logo, release the Power button and continue holding the other two buttons. Click Volume Up to continue into Download Mode.

Step 3: Launch Odin on computer as an Administrator.

Step 4: Connect the Galaxy S4 to computer with USB cable while in Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device and then the ID: COM box will turn light blue with the COM port number. Furthermore, when the device is connected successfully, a message saying "Added!" appears on screen.

Step 5: In Odin, tap PDA button and select CF-Auto-Root-ja3g-ja3gxx-gti9500.tar.md5 file.
    Ensure the Re-Partition option is unchecked.

Step 6: After verifying step 5, click Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin.

Step 7: After the root installation completes, your phone will reboot and soon a PASS message with green background appears at the top left-most box in Odin. It is now safe to disconnect the USB cable and remove the phone from computer.

Galaxy S4 I9500 is now rooted successfully on Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware. Launch app drawer on the phone and check for SuperSU in the apps list to verify root installation.

Step 8: Launch SuperSU app and update the binaries as normal.
    Mod Edit

Thread already exists Here

Please use that

Thread closed

malybru
    Forum Moderator
    Step 9: your Knox counter is triggered and since now there's no way back
    ;)

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 mediante Tapatalk