few issues

Search This thread

tsbrewers

Mar 19, 2009
Hey all, have a few issues I am hoping to get figured out.

First, I am wondering if there is a way to re-calibrate the screen/tablet? When I take a picture, the tablet needs to be at about a 5-10* angle for the picture to be level.

Next, I know there have been quite a few GPS issues, but are there any "fixes" yet? I have downloaded and installed GPS test and I can get a lock after about 3 or 4 minutes, but Maps has NEVER found my location. The little GPS icon on the top left corner shows it is on and "locked" (not flashing), yet Maps always says "waiting for location" It never finds me though. It has been this way since I bought it.

Brew

tsbrewers

Mar 19, 2009
no one else is having gps problems? I know many posted about them when the tablet first came out, surprised no one else is still having the problem. Maps still doesn't ever work for me. Never does find my location.

Next, I think the camera itself is not set correctly. When I use the level feature of the camera, the table shows level, but the picture itself is way off. Like the camera itself is twisted in the opening.

Last edited:

cars10k

Jan 10, 2013
Don't have any problems with the camera, works fine for me.
GPS isn't really working for anybody - for some it helped to go outside and let it get the first fix. after that it works much better - for example for me.
but compass is still not usable =)

tsbrewers

Mar 19, 2009
Thanks, I did a complete wipe last night and now maps will at least acknowledge that I exist. The camera is definitely installed crooked.

Ouzo

Nov 30, 2007
The Tegra Note has eight magnets in it, I'm not sure the compass will ever work properly ;)

Reactions: cars10k

mickjack

Dec 24, 2013
Oxford
The Tegra Note has eight magnets in it, I'm not sure the compass will ever work properly ;)

Been playing with my new toy, one of the reasons I picked this was the compass, I like the idea and one works well on my phone. Also have an interest in the night sky - but google sky map and sky safari type apps cannot figure out what direction to show, I was starting to think the magnets were a problem, quite good magnets - I can stick the tab to the fridge !! guess I will have to live without this function until my next tablet.

Magnets have anything to do with the speakers ? anybody know.

Ouzo

Nov 30, 2007
Been playing with my new toy, one of the reasons I picked this was the compass, I like the idea and one works well on my phone. Also have an interest in the night sky - but google sky map and sky safari type apps cannot figure out what direction to show, I was starting to think the magnets were a problem, quite good magnets - I can stick the tab to the fridge !! guess I will have to live without this function until my next tablet.

Magnets have anything to do with the speakers ? anybody know.

I'd noticed that the compass is problematic too. I guess it would be possible to open it up and pop them out, but I'm not brave enough to try.

mickjack

Dec 24, 2013
Oxford
I'd noticed that the compass is problematic too. I guess it would be possible to open it up and pop them out, but I'm not brave enough to try.

Had those thoughts to........ may give it a go when the tab is old and not quite so loved, just popped the back off a semi bricked pipo m7pro, can see the edge of the screen now and the switches don't sit properly.

Google sky map not so bad last night, just a quick test but it seemed to find its way around the sky, big moon found easy etc, still jumpy if you know what I mean. And the compass sometimes works - but seems to be 15deg off from my smartphone, need to get a propper compass and check then out!

Last edited:

hotboy_92

Aug 12, 2007
Camera too

I have the same camera issue on my son's TN7 and my brand-new TN7 I got this week. Rear camera is tilted by about 10 degrees (checked with a real spirit level). Messes up some apps that need the device to be straight and use the camera.

Anyone else got this problem? Front camera is fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.