Micro SD Card List

Search This thread

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
Samsung 32GB class 10

...is the card inserted into my Infinity.
It's a pretty fast read card plugged directly into a PC.

Is there an app that measures read\write IO for sternal SDHC micro cards?

THunDA

Feb 27, 2008
Suffolk County NY
Im using a Centon 16gb Class 6 and it seems to be working. Just got the TF700 today, popped it in so not much testing other then being able to browse files on it and nothing going on fire.

HeartWare42

Jul 17, 2012
Bagsværd
www.heartware.dk
Sandisk MicroSDHC Ultra 64gb class 6 works after firmware update. Both in docking and tablet.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work in my tablet, so it seems like it's not a sure bet...

UPDATE: The card I received was not the card I ordered. The card that doesn't work is this one, which is a UHS-1 card (it has the "1" inside the "U" on the lower left corner of the card).

Running Kernel 2.6.39.4
Build number IML74K.WW_epad-9.4.5.26-20120720
Pad EC version PAD-EC20T-0216

It works in the dock using the USB port, so the card itself is fine, but when I insert it into the tablet, the "Preparing external storage" (or whatever) briefly flashes in the status area, and no card is mounted. The same happens if I try to manually mount it using the Settings.

The same card works fine in the TF201 tablet...

Last edited:

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
Unfortunately, it doesn't work in my tablet, so it seems like it's not a sure bet...

Running Kernel 2.6.39.4
Build number IML74K.WW_epad-9.4.5.26-20120720
Pad EC version PAD-EC20T-0216

It works in the dock using the USB port, so the card itself is fine, but when I insert it into the tablet, the "Preparing external storage" (or whatever) briefly flashes in the status area, and no card is mounted. The same happens if I try to manually mount it using the Settings.

The same card works fine in the TF201 tablet...
Is it possible to format it in another android device/phone? Sometimes that makes a difference.

HeartWare42

Jul 17, 2012
Bagsværd
www.heartware.dk
Is it possible to format it in another android device/phone?

How do I format it in an Android device?

My tablet is rooted, so I have root access and can try out things, but I don't know how to investigate it. I have installed a terminal emulator (command line prompt) and am used to working at the command line in Windows, so I am not afraid to do so, but I don't know Linux enough to figure out myself how to format the card in the device itself.

I don't mind it formatted in ext3/ext4, as I will only use it in the tablet (I'm using my exFAT-formatted 128 Gb SD card to transfer large stuff onto the device, and DropBox for smaller files).

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

I've just discovered that the card I ordered was not the card I received. I received this one instead, which is a UHS-1 card, so this may be the reason it doesn't work in my TF700 tablet.

weathertom

Aug 6, 2012
Is it possible to format it in another android device/phone? Sometimes that makes a difference.

I just tried this. Put it into my Galaxy Note, which was able to read it without a problem. I then erased and formatted it using the Note, and put it back into the Infinity. No luck, it just quickly flashed the "preparing" message again, but that's it. Since I had to take out my Note's microSD to try things, I went ahead and tried that card in the Infinity, just to make sure its reader actually works, and it had no problem with it. That card is a 32gb PNY SDHC.

So, it just does not seem to want to read this 64gb Sandisk Micros SDHC (class 10). Ugh :(

2tabletfamily

Aug 7, 2012
Lexar 32gb microSDHC class10

works like a charm in my tf700 and my husband's tf101

I ripped some DVDs -- plays well off the card in the tablet --- or in the docking stn with the USB adaptor that comes with the Lexar card,
they aren't cheap (canada) but if you catch a good sale,,,,,,sometimes half price

many thanks to this site ---- I have discovered BSPlayer which is awesome. the supplied player can't seem to handle the movies i ripped (I used H.264 setting) as sound is out of sync but BSPlayer is fine.....and I paid for the full version --- I like the volume enhancer as I am somewhat hearing impaired. I haven't sat and watched a whole movie off the card, but the bit I played was fine.

PS: I am a newbie (or noob) so most of you are discussing stuff way over my head...... I don't root or unlock or whatever....I use it as I got it.

Last edited:

0x000

Sep 2, 2010

seff5677

May 1, 2012
I have a question, formatting to ntfs on the sd card would that allow you to transfer file sizes over 4gb ? I know before i wasn't able to do this on my phone said that andriod doesnt support file sizes over 4gb

2nd questions, i have micro SD in my tablet, i ordered my dock, if i put another sd card in the dock will i be able to use 2 sd expansion slots, will the tab recognize both or just one?

Thanks,

timrock

Dec 10, 2010
I have a question, formatting to ntfs on the sd card would that allow you to transfer file sizes over 4gb ? I know before i wasn't able to do this on my phone said that andriod doesnt support file sizes over 4gb

2nd questions, i have micro SD in my tablet, i ordered my dock, if i put another sd card in the dock will i be able to use 2 sd expansion slots, will the tab recognize both or just one?

Thanks,

1 - yes, as well as exfat. the recommended format.

2 - yes, you will have two different expansion slots.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

weathertom

Aug 6, 2012
Any idea when UHS-1 will work?

That one should work. The UHS-1 (Class 10), however, doesn't work...

Has anyone heard if ASUS will be putting out another firmware update to get the 64gb class 10 Micro SDHC cards working? I can use the one I bought as a flash drive for other things, but would prefer to use it in my Infinity rather than having to go out and buy another card for it.

bosotros

Oct 13, 2011
Has anyone heard if ASUS will be putting out another firmware update to get the 64gb class 10 Micro SDHC cards working? I can use the one I bought as a flash drive for other things, but would prefer to use it in my Infinity rather than having to go out and buy another card for it.

Same here, I have the SanDisk 64GB UHS-1 that Amazon sold for $59.99 and it doesn't work no matter what formatting I use. I've even done a couple of low level formats and this allows the tablet to mount the card and accept files, but it still won't play videos.

This card works in the TF101 so it would be nice if an update could make it okay in a TF700.

weathertom

Aug 6, 2012
Same here, I have the SanDisk 64GB UHS-1 that Amazon sold for $59.99 and it doesn't work no matter what formatting I use. I've even done a couple of low level formats and this allows the tablet to mount the card and accept files, but it still won't play videos.

This card works in the TF101 so it would be nice if an update could make it okay in a TF700.

Wow, you've at least had more luck than I. I haven't even been able to get it to mount (just briefly flashes the message that it's trying, then nothing). I've formatted ntfs, FAT32, re-did the xFAT, and even formatted in my phone (Galaxy Note, which was able to read it fine), but none of them worked.

hellalucard

May 13, 2011
The SanDisk Ultra 16GB class 10 HC (red/gray) has been working for me on .26

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys,

I am reading through a few of the threads, and some detailing specifically with the SD cards, and the information is sporadic and spread out.

Can we get a thread that is updated with a list of cards known for working?
    Name of card, size, etc.?

I am searching for a card to get with my TF700 when I order it from Amazon, but I can't seem to nail down which cards actually work after the firmware update. I am positive I am not the only one.

WORKING

SanDisk 32 GB class 4

WinTeck 32 GB class 10

Sandisk MicroSDHC Ultra 64gb class 6 works after firmware update. Both in docking and tablet.

SanDisk 32GB class 4 HC (graphite color)

Sandisk Extreme 32GB SDHC class 10 in the slot formatted exFAT.

ADATA 32GB class 10 microSDHC

The following cards work with .22 firmware
    1 GB no name, made in china
    2 GB san disk
    4 GB san disk class 2

NOT WORKING

SanDisk Ultra 16GB class 10 HC (red/gray)

This is the card i have, a 64gb.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o03_s00_i00
    My issue is, even after the update, when copying or moving items to it, my device freezes. I have this card in the tablet. Prior to the update, i had it in the dock. Reason being, movies wouldnt play from it when it was in the tablet. Since the update, the movies now play great. But copying/moving is now an issue. I havent see anyone else report this yet. Btw, the card is formatted at NTFS.
    Since the latest update (JB .25), Asus has made more sdcards compatible with the Infinity. I tried a few that didn't work before and now they are all working. Just FYI.
    I have 2 x Sandisk 64GB MicroSDXC Ultra cards, one in the dock and one in the tablet working with no problems (192GB total !). Formatted using https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/
    Has anyone had any luck with a (nonmicro) SD card in the dock?

I'm running with a SanDisc 128 Gb SD card in the dock. It works fine...
    Might be useful to mention which firmware people are on too when it works and doesn't work.