[Q] How to root Galaxy S 4G without a PC?

Search This thread

NBardales

Feb 4, 2014
Hello everyone! :)

As you can tell, I'm new here and was just wondering if it was possible to root the Samsung Galaxy S 4G SGH-T959v without a computer. I found this thread but it was a dead-end.

The reason I want to root without a PC is because my phone's USB port doesn't work. Of course, rooting is not necessary and I might as well just deal with the stock apps and gingerbread, but I'd prefer to have ICS (at least), and Jelly Bean looks awesome so I'm tempted.

I know it's possible to root the Vibrant without a PC, has anyone tried to root this one that way as well? I could try some rooting method for another phone but I'm afraid I might brick it and have to restore using USB port (which doesn't work).

Thanks in advance for any help.

//Nicole

Spartan_Don

Jan 21, 2014

As you can tell, I'm new here and was just wondering if it was possible to root the Samsung Galaxy S 4G SGH-T959v without a computer. I found this thread but it was a dead-end.

The reason I want to root without a PC is because my phone's USB port doesn't work. Of course, rooting is not necessary and I might as well just deal with the stock apps and gingerbread, but I'd prefer to have ICS (at least), and Jelly Bean looks awesome so I'm tempted.

I know it's possible to root the Vibrant without a PC, has anyone tried to root this one that way as well? I could try some rooting method for another phone but I'm afraid I might brick it and have to restore using USB port (which doesn't work).

//Nicole

Sorry I can't answer your question but I would suggest going right to Kit Kat once you've rooted it (rather than ICS or JellyBean). This SlimSaber build is working great for me so far, only GPS is not working for some but I think the developer is real close to getting that resolved. KitKat is intended for low-RAM devices such as this one. Good luck!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2616367

TwitchyEye

Jun 23, 2012
Dallas

//Nicole

Its not possible to root this phone without the USB port. Even if it were, recovering from the inevitable first time brick would be impossible.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app