[Q] undo S-On, no adb devices listed HTC One

Search This thread
Mar 16, 2014
Hi,

Tried to move back from CM11 to stock but have broken it along the way. I think it is because I am now S-ON but I am unable to get adb to recognise the phone. Please can someone advise?

Many thanks
Stuart

1.Reboot hangs on HTC logo

2.Bootloader details:
TAMPERED
UNLOCKED
M7_UL PVT SHIP S-ON RH
HBOOT-1.55.0000
RADIO-4A.21.3263.04
OpenDSP-v32.120.274.0909
OS-3.62.206.1

3. I can install TWRP and CWM Recovery.

4. Fastboot Devices returns my device ID but ADB devices lists no devices.

5. When in recovery I can sideload zips but they fail due to being "unable to mount usb/otg"

6. I have used Squabbi's toolkit v3.2.0 on windows 8.1 and windows 7 (virtual machine).

7. UK 02 HTC One

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi,

Tried to move back from CM11 to stock but have broken it along the way. I think it is because I am now S-ON but I am unable to get adb to recognise the phone. Please can someone advise?
Unless you are returning your phone under warranty for repair/replacement, keep S-OFF!

4. Fastboot Devices returns my device ID but ADB devices lists no devices.
ADB will only work from custom recovery not in bootloader mode

5. When in recovery I can sideload zips but they fail due to being "unable to mount usb/otg"
Is your USB flash drive formatted to FAT32 or NTFS?

6. I have used Squabbi's toolkit v3.2.0 on windows 8.1 and windows 7 (virtual machine).
I highly suggest you not using toolkits neither a virtual machine. Work from your command prompt instead using a toolkit :good:

Please post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' except your IMEI and SERIALNO
Don't worry you should be able to unbrick your phone

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2014
Unless you are returning your phone under warranty for repair/replacement, keep S-OFF!

ADB will only work from custom recovery not in bootloader mode

Is your USB flash drive formatted to FAT32 or NTFS?

I highly suggest you not using toolkits! Work directly from your windows command prompt.

Please post the output of ''fastboot getvar all'' except your IMEI and SERIALNO
Don't worry you should be able to unbrick your phone

Thanks for responding!

the USB drive is FAT32.

version 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 3.62.206.1
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
product:m7_ul
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0710000
cidnum: 02___001
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4280mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: on
build-mode:SHIP
boot-mode:FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-bb768ae1
hbootprenupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

alray

May 22, 2012
Thanks for responding!

the USB drive is FAT32.

version 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 3.62.206.1
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
product:m7_ul
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0710000
cidnum: 02___001
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4280mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: on
build-mode:SHIP
boot-mode:FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-bb768ae1
hbootprenupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

Boot your phone in twrp main menu and type ''adb devices''. Is the device detected?

Mar 16, 2014
ok so there is 2 options:

1- is to adb push or adb sideload a custom rom from your computer using adb when phone is booted in recovery

2- there is a nandroid backup avaible for 3.62.206 that you can adb push to your phone and then restore from recovery.

When I try adb sideload ROM.zip it just says "error closed"

When I try adb install ROM.ZIP it says "file ROM.zip does not contain AndroidManifest.xml"

The nandroid backup I can see is 3.62.401.1 instead of the 3.62.206. Is this ok?

alray

May 22, 2012
you must be in twrp sideload mode to use ''adb sideload rom.zip''. In twrp main menu, hit ''Advanced'' then ''ADB Sideload'' then swipe to start sideload. Confirm the device is in sideload mode with ''adb devices''. It will output your SN + SIDELOAD instead of RECOVERY. So you are ready to ''adb sideload rom.zip''.

When I try adb install ROM.ZIP it says "file ROM.zip does not contain AndroidManifest.xml"
''adb install rom.zip'' ? You have to ''adb push rom.zip /sdcard/'' then hit ''install'' from twrp main menu. Select your rom.zip and swipe to flash. What rom are you trying to flash??

The nandroid backup I can see is 3.62.401.1 instead of the 3.62.206. Is this ok?
No! to use the .401 version you must change CID and maybe MID which both require S-OFF. The nandroid backup for your phone is HERE. BUT this is a CWM nandroid backup
so you'll need to restore it from CWM recovery if you go that route. Don't forget: You can't ''flash'' a backup like a rom! You have to extract the backp archive and adb push it to the cwm backup folder. i.e. ''adb push C:\MY_BACKUP /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup'' then select ''restore'' NOT ''install'' and choose the backup.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

When I try adb sideload

This might also help you: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2318497

Last edited:
Reactions: stuartjjohnstone
Mar 16, 2014
you must be in twrp sideload mode to use ''adb sideload rom.zip''. In twrp main menu, hit ''Advanced'' then ''ADB Sideload'' then swipe to start sideload. Confirm the device is in sideload mode with ''adb devices''. It will output your SN + SIDELOAD instead of RECOVERY. So you are ready to ''adb sideload rom.zip''.

''adb install rom.zip'' ? You have to ''adb push rom.zip /sdcard/'' then hit ''install'' from twrp main menu. Select your rom.zip and swipe to flash. What rom are you trying to flash??

No! to use the .401 version you must change CID and maybe MID which both require S-OFF. The nandroid backup for your phone is HERE. BUT this is a CWM nandroid backup
so you'll need to restore it from CWM recovery if you go that route. Don't forget: You can't ''flash'' a backup like a rom! You have to extract the backp archive and adb push it to the cwm backup folder. i.e. ''adb push C:\MY_BACKUP /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup'' then select ''restore'' NOT ''install'' and choose the backup.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

Thanks I have got it working now! You are a star!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

When I try adb sideload