[Q] MK2 rooted with Safestrap (E: Unable to mount '/cache')

Search This thread

vector_pPing

Apr 8, 2014
Georgia
No matter what I try, I can't seem to get Safestrap to funtion properly on my VZW GS4 MK2. I rooted my phone with Saferoot and installed Safestrap v3.71. I am able to boot into recovery fine but whenever I try to create a new ROM slot it never works. It doesn't matter which one I select, I am able to set the partition sizes for the data and cache and select create slot. It gets about half way done creating and then my phone reboots. I am able to immediately enter back into recovery after it reboots. I activate the ROM slot that was just created but it says the data and cache partitions are empty, also the text in the terminal reads "E: Unable to mount '/cache'. I thought that maybe my phone just doesn't have enough memory so I manually deleted things off my phone, to no avail. I uninstalled Safestrap and completely unrooted my phone and did a factory reset so I know I have plenty of space on my phone. I also get the same error message when attempting to do a nandroid backup through Safestrap. I've tried everything I can think of to get this to work so if anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Ive seen this error once before, and while I did find a fix, the user constantly had minor nagging issues as a result. Usually this is the last thing I recommend but to save you trouble I suggest you back up everything important to a pc and flash a full stock odin tar. If it fails flash with the pit file. Sorry I couldn't give better news lol.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: vector_pPing

vector_pPing

Apr 8, 2014
Georgia
Well that's unfortunate, I was hoping I had just overlooked a minor detail during the installation/setup lol. I will try that once I figure out how to flash a full stock odin tar, as I'm a noob lol. If you have a link to a thread that explains it clearly that would be appreciated, if not I can probably find one fairly easily. Any ideas as to why this is such a rare occurrance? I'm kinda puzzled that there has only been one other user with this error. Thanks for your help!

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
Well that's unfortunate, I was hoping I had just overlooked a minor detail during the installation/setup lol. I will try that once I figure out how to flash a full stock odin tar, as I'm a noob lol. If you have a link to a thread that explains it clearly that would be appreciated, if not I can probably find one fairly easily. Any ideas as to why this is such a rare occurrance? I'm kinda puzzled that there has only been one other user with this error. Thanks for your help!

Read Surge's post at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578209 - use the "Emergency Repair" process.

vector_pPing

Apr 8, 2014
Georgia
Usually this is the last thing I recommend but to save you trouble I suggest you back up everything important to a pc and flash a full stock odin tar.

It worked! I did the full wipe using Odin and was able to create a ROM slot and begin flashing. Thanks for your help! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ive seen this error once before, and while I did find a fix, the user constantly had minor nagging issues as a result. Usually this is the last thing I recommend but to save you trouble I suggest you back up everything important to a pc and flash a full stock odin tar. If it fails flash with the pit file. Sorry I couldn't give better news lol.