Search This thread

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Hey Guys,

Trying to install a custom ROM and I'm getting stuck on installing the latest firmware 3.24.

I've rooted my phone, it's S-OFF, installed clockwork, have superCID and all that. Howver, everytime I go to install the latest firmware I get a boot loop. It installs fine and then says power off to reboot which I do. It goes to black screen and then never reboot.?

I've been patient and have left my phone for well over an hour in which time it still didn't reboot. Now, when I switch it on, it gets as far as the quietly brillant and then crashes.

Phone details:

Revolutionary
PYRAMID PVT SHIP S_OFF RL
HBOOT-1.27.1100
RADIO-11.21.3504.13_2
OpenADSP-v02.6.0.2226.00.0104
eMMc-boot

I can install the friendly firmware 3.12 no problem.

Some help would be appreciated.

3.24 is not compatible with older roms, so after you install it you need to flash compatible Rom right away, or phone won't boot.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

irishbuckley

Feb 12, 2012
3.24 is not compatible with older roms, so after you install it you need to flash compatible Rom right away, or phone won't boot.

In the middle of flashing insertcoin now, just thought sod it, why not. The fear of bricking my phone was holding me back.

Thanks for the reply though!

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Another noobie question probably but I've installed the latest firmware 3.24 and I'm trying to flash a new radio to install insertcoin.

I've tried what this post says but it doesn't seem to be flashing the radio at all.

I'm back to the phone details:

Revolutionary
HBOOT-1.27.1100
RADIO-11.21.3504.13_2
eMMc-boot

I've loaded firmware 3.24. Loaded the radio for 11.68 in the adb folder gone into fastboot and use the command flash radio which it does. However when I reboot to the boot loader my radio is as above?

Will it only update once I flash in insertcoin?

vonlance

Jan 15, 2008
For some people 3.25 roms only boot on 3.12 firmware, weird, I know. Just try that fw.

tried it with 3.12 and it worked first time!

thought it got stuck on the boots splash screen but it eventually loaded.

one thing,

when i installed the newest ROM i didnt add any mods, can i now go back into recovery and install the ROM all over again but with the mods?

is that the wrong way to go about it?

either way thanks a lot!!

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
tried it with 3.12 and it worked first time!

thought it got stuck on the boots splash screen but it eventually loaded.

one thing,

when i installed the newest ROM i didnt add any mods, can i now go back into recovery and install the ROM all over again but with the mods?

is that the wrong way to go about it?

either way thanks a lot!!

Yes you can :)

Reactions: vonlance

beston94

Apr 24, 2010
Stockholm
Funny. I prefer H. Just shows how.much.marjeting affects what we like. Each Rom.has add-ons sections, so have a look in there. Four example InsertCoin asks you on industrial wherever your phone is US and installs 4G icon.

That's actually the second time someone has told me to check the rom page for any addons. And I checked but there isn't any addons :(

Any other ideas?
Any help would be appreciated.

chlap

Oct 12, 2010
Hi is there any way turn off buttons when I watching films at night?

Thanks

Kohr-Ah

Jan 21, 2011
Chicago
That's actually the second time someone has told me to check the rom page for any addons. And I checked but there isn't any addons :(

Any other ideas?
Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have it on my phone but I do my work PC. I will pm you tomorrow. You can edit the file yourself to change 3g and H to say 4g. It is real easy to do. Basically you will make your own addon.

Sent from my Sensation in Ur-Quan subspace

xdaco

Jun 26, 2011
Kolkata
www.musarraf.com
In the middle of flashing insertcoin now, just thought sod it, why not. The fear of bricking my phone was holding me back.

Thanks for the reply though!

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Another noobie question probably but I've installed the latest firmware 3.24 and I'm trying to flash a new radio to install insertcoin.

I've tried what this post says but it doesn't seem to be flashing the radio at all.

I'm back to the phone details:

Revolutionary
HBOOT-1.27.1100
RADIO-11.21.3504.13_2
eMMc-boot

I've loaded firmware 3.24. Loaded the radio for 11.68 in the adb folder gone into fastboot and use the command flash radio which it does. However when I reboot to the boot loader my radio is as above?

Will it only update once I flash in insertcoin?

Don't worry you have flashed the right radio. 11.68.3504.00U_11.21.3504.13_2
HBOOT does not report the full version no. of your radio.
It just reports the highlighted part.:D

Reactions: undercover

Jay2487

Nov 5, 2010
Could someone direct me to where to find the proper RIL files for my tmobile sensation on virtous senseless? I've searched but can't figure it out

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Could someone direct me to where to find the proper RIL files for my tmobile sensation on virtous senseless? I've searched but can't figure it out

Ril goes against radio, not Rom. So go to Ril thread, each Ril shows with what radio it came with, and find your one.

chlap

Oct 12, 2010
NO PICTURES IN SMS APPLICATION.

Hello, I am running arhd 6.2.1 ics, and I found 2 bugs.

1- I have no pictures in sms.

2- sometimes when I unlock phone screen is black.

Thanks

Akatosh

Jan 14, 2012
UK
Ok, so i wrote s-on wrongly and it locked so i used htc dev to unlock my bootloader. But...my hboot is 1.23 and my computer doesnt pick up my device because it still only goes into hboot. I can't flash any PG58IMG files because it just reboots hboot and doesnt work via cmd even though i ran as admin and typed fastboot flash recover PG58IMG.zip and then again with boot instead of recovery but it says sending....ok writing....failed.
Any help would be appreciated, i tried different RUU's, i have SuperCid including the stock one and they just say error 155 unknown and cannot update version of android.

astar26

Feb 3, 2011
I'm kinda new to all this, so I ran into a problem.
when following the guide to S-OFF I skipped the CWM flashing from revolutionary, and now I can't flash the recovery.
What I tried is downloading the recovery from CWM website, and I got a .img file.
I understood from guides I found that I should rename it to "recovery.img" and add it to "PG58IMG.zip", I put it in the root of sd card, and in hboot it parses it and then does not ask to flash it. Can anyone point me to what I have done wrong?

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
Ok, so i wrote s-on wrongly and it locked so i used htc dev to unlock my bootloader. But...my hboot is 1.23 and my computer doesnt pick up my device because it still only goes into hboot. I can't flash any PG58IMG files because it just reboots hboot and doesnt work via cmd even though i ran as admin and typed fastboot flash recover PG58IMG.zip and then again with boot instead of recovery but it says sending....ok writing....failed.
Any help would be appreciated, i tried different RUU's, i have SuperCid including the stock one and they just say error 155 unknown and cannot update version of android.

You need to flash it from bootloader. Pull battery, reinsert it, hold power and -vol buttons together to boot into bootloader. It will prompt you to flash update. Choose yes.

undercover

Oct 10, 2010
London, UK
I'm kinda new to all this, so I ran into a problem.
when following the guide to S-OFF I skipped the CWM flashing from revolutionary, and now I can't flash the recovery.
What I tried is downloading the recovery from CWM website, and I got a .img file.
I understood from guides I found that I should rename it to "recovery.img" and add it to "PG58IMG.zip", I put it in the root of sd card, and in hboot it parses it and then does not ask to flash it. Can anyone point me to what I have done wrong?

I think there needs to be another file in pg58 to initiate install. Take one from firmware thread, remove all other images, and place your recovery.img in there. Check firmware thread, there might be one available already.

Or, just use adb in fastboot mode. Command is : fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Reactions: astar26

Akatosh

Jan 14, 2012
UK
it doesnt work....it checks that it's there and then just boots into hboot, no option for yes or no

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

my computer wont pickup the phone as well because its stuck in hboot and my hboot is 1.23 so i dont know what to do.

Top Liked Posts