[Q] Xperia L vs Xperia M

Search This thread

UltraWelfare

Dec 26, 2013
Xanthi
Hello xperia L people!!

I am here to ask you 1 question.
Xperia M or Xperia L?
I have searched the differences but sometimes the appearances are deceptive..
One friend of mine thinks of buying one of these two.What should I recommend him and why?
Thanks a lot ^_^.

Ben Ling

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hello xperia L people!!

I am here to ask you 1 question.
Xperia M or Xperia L?
I have searched the differences but sometimes the appearances are deceptive..
One friend of mine thinks of buying one of these two.What should I recommend him and why?
Thanks a lot ^_^.

L because it uses Snapdragon 400 series processor which is newer,faster,4.3" screen which is bigger than M,and higher Adreno 305 for better gaming,8MP Camera...

UltraWelfare

Dec 26, 2013
Xanthi
L because it uses Snapdragon 400 series processor which is newer,faster,4.3" screen which is bigger than M,and higher Adreno 305 for better gaming,8MP Camera...

But they use the same processor, same ram and same video graphics card....and don't forget MP don't always make the difference...What matters is also the lens used by the phone..

Sharful

Sep 10, 2013
Dhaka
The last update for M is 4.3 whereas for L its 4.2.2.
L's hardware is better than M.
So if getting features of 4.3 is important to you (neither of them is going to get latest version, Kitkat) you can choose M. Otherwise it should be L.
Of course its your choice in the end. :)

Sent from my C2105 using xda app-developers app

Bhupi7411

Jan 22, 2013
Go for Moto G if you want a better phone with latest specs :) It's better than L nd M :)

Hit THANKS if it helped you :good:

mukulatri

Nov 26, 2013
Bhiwani
Wow Sony finds new tester for their buggy fw updates as ur friend.
I m also a tester and also all xperia L phone holders.we doesn't hve any single stable update yet.
Every time sony fix old bugs.
Realise update
Provide new bugs

Sent from my C2104 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

Sony finds new tester for buggy their fw updates as ur friend.
I m also a tester and also all xperia L phone holder.we doesn't hve any single stable update yet.
Every time sony fix old bugs.
Realise update
Provide new bugs

Sent from my C2104 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

luq_

Apr 16, 2014
XL is slightly better hardware-wise, but XM has got upgrade to Android 4.3, while XL can only hope for 4.4 in the future (XM probably won't get it at all). If you feel comfortable with flashing custom ROMs/kernels, you can wait for CAF kernel to get done (should happen soon) and integrated into AOSPA/CM/any other ROM and get Android 4.4 before official release and have XL better than XM in every aspect. I'm not sure how KitKat development is going at XM though. If not, choice is on you - do you really want Android 4.3 features or hate concave back (it can get annoying with NFC sometimes)? Go for XM. Otherwise, XL should be a better choice.

*You is referring to your friend
XL - Xperia L
XM - Xperia M
AOSPA - Android Open Source Project - Paranoid Android
CM - CyanogenMod
NFC - Near Field Communication

Last edited:

srcharged

Dec 13, 2013
chennai
XL is slightly better hardware-wise, but XM has got upgrade to Android 4.3, while XL can only hope for 4.4 in the future (XM probably won't get it at all). If you feel comfortable with flashing custom ROMs/kernels, you can wait for CAF kernel to get done (should happen soon) and integrated into AOSPA/CM/any other ROM and get Android 4.4 before official release and have XL better than XM in every aspect. I'm not sure how KitKat development is going at XM though. If not, choice is on you - do you really want Android 4.3 features or hate concave back (it can get annoying with NFC sometimes)? Go for XM. Otherwise, XL should be a better choice.

*You is referring to your friend
XL - Xperia L
XM - Xperia M
AOSPA - Android Open Source Project - Paranoid Android
CM - CyanogenMod
NFC - Near Field Communication

Forget the specs and softy comparison. I have personally worked with both the handsets. and i personally feel Xperia L to have a more solid build and a more grand feel to it. Just my opinion.