[Q] Question

Search This thread

srkrono

Jul 11, 2011
Rocky River, Ohio
So i bought a samsung galaxy note off a guy on craigslist about 3-4 weeks ago and today i noticed i didnt recieve any calls or texts from anyone, so i checked my phone and could get a signal at all, so i reset the phone to factory using kies and now it says, Phone Not Allowed MM#6 and i cant connect to any network

someone please help and tell me what i can possibly do to solve this issue

civicgsr19

May 1, 2010
Oklahoma City
I did a little research and it could be a few things... Either you've gave the carrier the wrong IME number or the phone was reported lost or stolen by the original customer... I would call the carrier the phone is for and ask them. Also if the original owner hasn't paid his phone bill the carrier can lock the ime from being used... I've heard a lot of people buying phones on Craigslist like that...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

srkrono

Jul 11, 2011
Rocky River, Ohio
I did a little research and it could be a few things... Either you've gave the carrier the wrong IME number or the phone was reported lost or stolen by the original customer... I would call the carrier the phone is for and ask them. Also if the original owner hasn't paid his phone bill the carrier can lock the ime from being used... I've heard a lot of people buying phones on Craigslist like that...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

thank you sooo much for your reply but i called AT&T and T-Mobile and they sent me to the stolen phone dept and they say the phone is not blacklisted or blocked in any manor so now i gotta find out what to do because this doesn't make sense

I have reset the phone to factory state = no fix
tried a different tmobile sim = no fix
tried calling att to see if blocked = not blacklisted so no fix
called T-Mobile to see if blocked = not blacklisted so no fix
tried to install custom rom = no fix
tried to restore phone thru kies = no fix
tried my sim in my GF's phone = my sim works perfect

im out of ideas and idk what to do!

Last edited:

Theoriginalgiga

Nov 22, 2010
Sacramento
thank you sooo much for your reply but i called AT&T and T-Mobile and they sent me to the stolen phone dept and they say the phone is not blacklisted or blocked in any manor so now i gotta find out what to do because this doesn't make sense

I have reset the phone to factory state = no fix
tried a different tmobile sim = no fix
tried calling att to see if blocked = not blacklisted so no fix
called T-Mobile to see if blocked = not blacklisted so no fix
tried to install custom rom = no fix
tried to restore phone thru kies = no fix
tried my sim in my GF's phone = my sim works perfect

im out of ideas and idk what to do!

so it's an AT&T note and you're using it on Tmobile right? have you tried an AT&T sim? If you don't have one available to you, I think you can go into an AT&T store and ask them if they can do a quick check for you. Be sweet, apologetic for using their time, maybe send your gf in to flirt with them a little :) they'll more than likely give you a hand.

civicgsr19

May 1, 2010
Oklahoma City
so it's an AT&T note and you're using it on Tmobile right? have you tried an AT&T sim? If you don't have one available to you, I think you can go into an AT&T store and ask them if they can do a quick check for you. Be sweet, apologetic for using their time, maybe send your gf in to flirt with them a little :) they'll more than likely give you a hand.

Yea i know its a dumb question but is the phone unlocked?

Reactions: Theoriginalgiga

srkrono

Jul 11, 2011
Rocky River, Ohio

me and my GF are gonna try that after she gets out of school, but im just so lost right now and cant understand why this is happening, i paid $275 for this phone and it worked for over a month now

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
What modem is showing in the phone ? (needs blaze modem for TMO, if it's an ATT device)
And are your APN settings correct ? (needs the TMO apn's)

Two nails in the coffin for service if not correct.....

just brainstorming....g

srkrono

Jul 11, 2011
Rocky River, Ohio
Everything seems fine I restored it to stock thru kies, but I went to att and tried a live sim and it worked like I should its for some reason only T-Mobile Sims that don't work ugh!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Everything seems fine I restored it to stock thru kies, but I went to att and tried a live sim and it worked like I should its for some reason only T-Mobile Sims that don't work ugh!

Try to unlock it again. I'm using my At&t branded unlocked Note on T-Mobile with no issues.

Sent from my HuGe Note while tucking your mom in bed!

srkrono

Jul 11, 2011
Rocky River, Ohio

srkrono

Jul 11, 2011
Rocky River, Ohio
Its just weird that I had this phone working for over a month now and no problems what so ever till now, and its only T-Mobile Sims that are locked out

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Have you tried a newer t mobile sim card. Some phones don't play well with the old tmobile sim cards.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yea i know its a dumb question but is the phone unlocked?