[Q] Help with unlock/root, ADB driver fail
I'm having issues with unlocking/rooting my nexus 7 2013.
I downloaded and installed the nexus root toolkit at wugfresh.com
I've followed all the instructions precisely. However, I always failt the ADB Driver test.
Here are the things I've found while trying to troubleshoot my problem:
1. When I enable usb debugging mode and plug in the nexus 7, I NEVER received the RSA Fingerprint authorization screen.
2. I've installed all the drivers and when it's plugged into the PC, it is recognized as a "google nexus ADB Interface": i.imgur.WHAT/f5Rk5qg.png
3. Inside of USBDeview it is recognized as mass storage device (color purple instead of green): i.imgur.WHAT/r4SwmVM.png
4. Under My Computer I am unable to reach the harddrive anymore.
I believe this is what is preventing me from moving forward. I know this because I've plugged this into my co-workers PC (he already had NRT installed to root his 2012 Nexus 7 awhile ago) and unlocking it on his PC works fine.
5. After uninstalling the drivers installed with NRT and uninstalling the NRT, I still can't access the drive as I could before.
Any help would be appreciated.
This is my first post so I cannot post links to the image... On #2 and #3 replace the i.imgur.WHAT with i.imgur.com