Pre order for Galaxy Nexus LTE is open starting now

Search This thread

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
I thought so, I been sitting on an upgrade for a while but just wants sure which route to go. I'm leaning towards the EVO though.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

yeah its just newer and faster. Build quality is great, and although it isn't samoled+, S-LCD is a step in the right direction

**But S3 will be revealed on May 3.. wondering what those specs will be like :) :)

CapsLockKey

Sep 17, 2010
Samsung supposed to announce the next Galaxy S phone May 3rd. Nexus is old news at this point to me.

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Gnex>Htc evo... guess you guys didn't learn about the og evo... htc sucks... sorry but I'm sticking to samsung phones... too bad I don't have the cash yet to slam down on that pre-order :'(.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
Gnex>Htc evo... guess you guys didn't learn about the og evo... htc sucks... sorry but I'm sticking to samsung phones... too bad I don't have the cash yet to slam down on that pre-order :'(.

gnex is already outdated compared to htc evo lte, in every aspect besides the screen as samoled+ > S-LCD. and the htc evo has a great dev community..

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
gnex is already outdated compared to htc evo lte, in every aspect besides the screen as samoled+ > S-LCD. and the htc evo has a great dev community..

Mediocre community... you ever seen some of their roms? No thanks =\ for what its worth this is all a matter of opinion so I wouldn't take this personally...

Reactions: csmasn

omair2005

Jul 26, 2007
Mediocre community... you ever seen some of their roms? No thanks =\ for what its worth this is all a matter of opinion so I wouldn't take this personally...

lol i know what you mean but they have tons of options.. miui v4 is updated weekly. That is really all I need..

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Its all opinion gnex has updates evo has superior next Gen hardware

i agree.. software can always be updated, not so much the hardware. Rather have superior hardware if I'm paying the same price...

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
lol i know what you mean but they have tons of options.. miui v4 is updated weekly. That is really all I need..

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

i agree.. software can always be updated, not so much the hardware. Rather have superior hardware if I'm paying the same price...

I can see what you mean but this phone is better than the og evo and it has tons of options as well...I'm with iSaint. The gnex has google support and has pretty decent hardware specs. Besides its omap ... more openess and all newer versions of android are being built on this platform. But the evo has a faster cpu which is said to be faster or as fast as the quadcores. I'm still choosing the gnex and will love every minute of it until next year when I get another early upgrade :p.

pvtjoker42

Dec 12, 2008
really wish there was a version of the gnex with a hw keyboard.. then i'd be gladly forking over my money.. as it is, unless my epic dies unexpectedly, there won't be any motivation to switch phones just yet..

On a side note, I didn't know i was up for a renewal until i looked at the gnex pre-order, apparently I am.. good to know.. :)

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I know... I'm going to miss my hw keyboard SEVERLY but... that juicy 4.65 hd display should be sufficient for me =]. Ill get the s4 when that gets rumoured :p.

DroidApprentice

Nov 7, 2010
I think anyone who doesn't wait for the dust to settle and see what the Galaxy S III will be like may be having blue balls and gambling with their upgrade ;-) I'm sure the Evo LTE will be a fine phone but think about how awesome the GSIII LTE (aka Epic LTE?) could be, and Sprint's version might just have a keyboard too, and be as slim as the newest Droid.

worldwidepmp

May 9, 2008
Washington, D.C.
I'm gonna wait until LTE gets deployed in my area, I believe it's slated for the fall so WiMax will do for me until then.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
Going to preorder it now, yes there are going to be more announcements fir different phones but the specs on yue galaxy Nexus are good enough for me plus 2 years of upgrades and tons of development I don't think I will care about other phones

Sent from my SPH-D700

Reactions: ÜBER™

rocket321

Jan 29, 2009
You have until 5/22 to activate with the $50 Google wallet credit, I will definitely wait until 5/3 to see what GSIII will bring to the table.

Well I guess I have until September before my contract is up anyway, but if I were looking to upgrade now I would at least see what Samsung will bring to the next-gen party.

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
Well apparently my upgrade line was an air card so I will be getting it in a month :( still I don't care if new stuff comes out a nexus for 2 years sounds amazing :)

Sent from my SPH-D700

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
Just got my text message from Sprint this morning regarding this .... I have 1 line already eligible for upgrade , but I'm holding out 'til later this year when "better" phones should be released ( mythical beast with KB / Epic LTE ? )

Vizzo

Feb 13, 2012
I'd rather have the gnex and be the first to taste Jelly Bean before anyone else gets updated. Not to mention having a solid development community, as Nexus devices usually do. If I'm to wait for a device I'd be waiting on the next Nexus, forget everything else. Don't care what has the best hardware. I care what's got good enough hardware for me, works, has good software and gauranteed updates, and a good dev community.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am 45 days away from my upgrade. I have a Epic 4G which has been a POS from day 1. GPS has never worked properly, seldom updated, 4G radio sleeps in the middle of browsing, and the phone now requires resets every 12 hours (otherwise it'll shut down on its own at a random time after). Reinstalling the OS does nothing. It's never been jailbroken because it always errored out when I attempted to. After is crashed and corrupted my SD card in January, I was ready to toss it.

You said jailbroken your whole argument is invalid. And the epic 4g is a powerhorse.. you were just poorly informed, sorry. Also you had only one point that the gps didnt work... which theres a fix for. You dont reinstall the OS you restore the ROM which is different... You need to learn a few things :) just saying.... FWIW.
    ill wait till its a penny on amazon.
    Wow, I stopped by to see where everyone was headed. I expected to see a higher S3 count. I am torn between the same 2 phones for my June 1 update. Looks like I will be seeing many of you soon though. I have more fun with my Nexus now than when I first got it so I am leaning towards GNex but if the May 7th announcement blows me away i may change my mind and have an S2 and S3. I am kinda glad I can't upgrade until 6/! because I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation!

Sent from either ET4G or NS4G using Xparent Tapatalk 2
    Gnex is amazing ;)
    Within a few mins of having it I was flashing CM9 thru twrp
    Im not regretting getting it at all screw the SGS3 :p
    Haha I'm in same situation .. spent all my money during the "holiday" that just passed so I gotta wait a little :eek:

That Kush?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium