Auto-unlock works but auto-lock doesn’t? bad sensor?

Search This thread

maximus96

May 9, 2013
I’m using an origami case with the tablet. The flap unlocks the screen just like it should when I flip it open. When I close it though, it doesn’t lock the screen. Sometime its fine as I’ve set the screen to turn off in 30 seconds. However, I noticed that XBMC keeps the screen on and I end up finding a dead battery the next day because the cover didn’t turn off the screen.

Do I have a faulty sensor? Its not the case because I tried another case/cover and it does the same thing.

Thanks

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I’m using an origami case with the tablet. The flap unlocks the screen just like it should when I flip it open. When I close it though, it doesn’t lock the screen. Sometime its fine as I’ve set the screen to turn off in 30 seconds. However, I noticed that XBMC keeps the screen on and I end up finding a dead battery the next day because the cover didn’t turn off the screen.

Do I have a faulty sensor? Its not the case because I tried another case/cover and it does the same thing.

Thanks

If the "other" case was the same make and model it doesn't prove much. There have been tons of issues with non-Samsung flip and book covers across multiple device forums. Go to Best Buy and try an official case. If it works it's not your sensor.

maximus96

May 9, 2013
bought another case today, this time the poetic slimline. just like the origami case, it auto unlocks the screen when opening, but doesn't auto lock when closing. tried the case on a friends 10.1 2014 and auto locking work so its definitely my tablet and not issues with the case...i'm not sure if its hardware or software as i'm running cleanrom w/ bindroid kernel. any suggestions? its not annoying enough to sent in for a fix since i can simply use the GMD gesture to quickly turn off the screen but its still a mystery to me.

thanks

edit: flashed the bindroid rom and now the tablet auto sleeps and wakes with the cover...i guess it was the software...

Last edited: