[Q] Hardbricked handset whilst charging overnight

Search This thread

Kirkymole

Jun 28, 2013
Swindon
I've recently been experiencing some charging issues with the handset taking forever to charge, the latest charge was taking well over 15 minutes increase 1%. I tried various chargers, including a brand new original one (the one in the box).

Well, last night I put the phone on charge with the handset turned off around 2am, woke up around midday today and the handset was showing the green LED, so it was almost, or fully, charged. Went downstairs to have a cup of coffee and came back ten minutes later to find the LED off. Tried turning the phone on and nothing happened. Tried the reset combination and the red button under the SIM flap, nothing, tried connecting to SEUS, nothing. Tried connecting to Flashtool, nothing. I left the phone on charge for another hour and tried the same things again, nothing.

No lights, no vibrations, no screen activity. The phone isn't even getting warm like it normally does on charge (confirmed that with another charger)

My girlfriend said that whilst I was downstairs she did take it off charge and put it back on charge straight away when it wouldn't wake up BUT she wasn't sure if she put the charger back on the right way (the magnetic one) however the pins don't actually touch if the plug is the wrong way round as the pin towards the bottom of the phone is offset slightly so I don't believe it has shorted.

So great, my almost new Z1 is now a paperweight. Sony won't touch the handset as the back glass has a small crack in so they just spout off about water damage. The phone has never been near water, let alone in it.

C6903 on 757 firmware, bootloader relocked and non rooted. No nasty apps installed and basically running stock,

Anyone have any ideas? I'm resurrecting my old BB for the time being.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
As probably there is stripes to check if water was inside I will exclude that. Also the magnetic connector have his way to plug so is close to impossible to revert it, hardly if you try maybe it will, but I did many time and nothing happened. At last I think you girlfriend mess up with you phone and now she now don't remember because she knows you will be furious...LOL...:D

BTW, I will press Sony to take look at it. They don't have to replace the cracked glass, they have to check where is the problem.

Kirkymole

Jun 28, 2013
Swindon
As probably there is stripes to check if water was inside I will exclude that. Also the magnetic connector have his way to plug so is close to impossible to revert it, hardly if you try maybe it will, but I did many time and nothing happened. At last I think you girlfriend mess up with you phone and now she now don't remember because she knows you will be furious...LOL...:D

BTW, I will press Sony to take look at it. They don't have to replace the cracked glass, they have to check where is the problem.

As you say, none of the water indicators (if I'm actually looking in the right place) are a different colour to normal. The dock pin is offset to one side slightly, it can be seen if you look closely so you are right, it really shouldn't have damaged the handset.

She isn't even sure if she did plug it back in! She was half asleep so I don't know lol

Sony will be getting some nasty words in a letter if they fail to do anything. I don't care about the glass, it doesn't bother me, as long as the phone works,