How to get 4G LTE to work with XT925?

Search This thread

hugodefcon

Jan 5, 2013
was wondering this myself...

Anything I can do to get LTE working?

You can only get it working by flashing the correct modem when you flash the stock rom via rsd.
Replace the modem from your rom with one that has the right frequencies and flash away.
Also make sure to substitue the fsg file.

Either that or flash cm.
It should work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

timmytucker718

May 7, 2013
You can only get it working by flashing the correct modem when you flash the stock rom via rsd.
Replace the modem from your rom with one that has the right frequencies and flash away.
Also make sure to substitue the fsg file.

Either that or flash cm.
It should work.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

How do I replace the modem? What is a fsg file?

whitephenix

May 28, 2009
Modem flashing exclaimed!

Boot the phone in fastboot mode: Vol Up + Vol Down + Power for at least 10 seconds. Make sure you have the correct modem_signed.img or ROM. Connect phone to computer via USB. You will need the correct drivers from Motorola, the sandard driverrs should work just fine. You will need android-sdk with fastboot or simply fastboot with appropriate files. Open your terminal or make a .bat file that reads something like this:

This is an example of the commands used to flash a modem extracted out of a ROM...

fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn

This is an example of flashing a modem_signed.img

fastboot erase modemst1
fastboot erase modemst2
fastboot flash modem_signed.img

modem_signed.ing is the standard name for the modem file but I have seen it bear different names, so this means the command is: FASTBOOT FLASH (INSERT_NAME.img)

Good Luck! And as always be careful!

PS!!!

Make sure youre battery is above 25% or it wont flash!

esok44

Feb 1, 2011
Well i guess this is the Answer to my thread regarding german baseband.

Is there any Download Link to an european 4.4 Rom, so that i can extract the Modem from it?
That is the only reason i haven't tried things mentioned here yet.

Thanks for everyone in this Thread, helping, hope i will soon have LTE back on my Phone :)

whitephenix

May 28, 2009
The instructions I posted above were for flashing a modem image with out having to flash your ROM. Of course if you do that you will most likely have to edit your build.prop. Their is help for that in the forums... If you want to swap a modem from one ROM to another it involves a little more work.

You must unzip the ROM you want to use preferably into a folder as their are a few files and directory's. The you must go to the system/etc/firmware directory and delete all of your modem files. These are the ones called modem.b00 - modem.b07 as well as modem_fw.b00 - modem_fw.b29 and modem_fw.flist. You may also have to replace modem.mbt and modem_fw.mbt, these two files I believe are simply list that tell your recovery or other install method that the modem files are the modem files and to install them. I replaced them for good measure my self but at a glance they looked the same in both ROM's... Once you have removed and replaced the for mentioned files with the files from the zip that has the modem you wish to use, you must re-compress the ROM. The ROM must be in what ever compressed format it was originally in usually .zip format. Make sure you only compress the files inside the temporary folder you created to hold the ROM files or the install will error. Then simply install the ROM and you will still most likely still have to edit the build.prop to get the signal completely stable... Good Luck! You will find the firmware and ROM's you seek on the xt925 / xt926 threads.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirceucorsetti
Jan 11, 2014
Has anyone done this successfully yet?

Once Rogers KitKat Rom is the only one out there I've also installed on my phone. As It is shown in here http://www.worldtimezone.com/gsm.html It is not able to fetch LTE due to different base bands.

I would like to only reflash modem images but I've seen horror stories of bricked phones after that. I would also like to go back to stock JB (my BL is unlocked) and try the OTA but last time it didn't downloaded automatically so the Stock Rogers was the only way. I've searched everywhere for Claro Retail OTA Kitkat Update but no luck on finding it. Now I'm stuck with HSPA+. Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any one there that could help me?

Claro LTE works on 07 band (2600 MHz) and AT&T works on 04 band (1700 MHz).

Regards
    RJ
    Yeah there are basically two versions of the GSM LTE RAZR HD - one supports 700 / 1700 / 2100 and I think is only available in Canada, whilst the other version supports 800 / 1800 / 2600, and is available in Lat Am and Europe.

Sounds like you have the second version, which as rafjak says, will not work with either T-Mobile or AT&T LTE :(
    You can't use LTE, it's not compatible.
    The instructions I posted above were for flashing a modem image with out having to flash your ROM. Of course if you do that you will most likely have to edit your build.prop. Their is help for that in the forums... If you want to swap a modem from one ROM to another it involves a little more work.

You must unzip the ROM you want to use preferably into a folder as their are a few files and directory's. The you must go to the system/etc/firmware directory and delete all of your modem files. These are the ones called modem.b00 - modem.b07 as well as modem_fw.b00 - modem_fw.b29 and modem_fw.flist. You may also have to replace modem.mbt and modem_fw.mbt, these two files I believe are simply list that tell your recovery or other install method that the modem files are the modem files and to install them. I replaced them for good measure my self but at a glance they looked the same in both ROM's... Once you have removed and replaced the for mentioned files with the files from the zip that has the modem you wish to use, you must re-compress the ROM. The ROM must be in what ever compressed format it was originally in usually .zip format. Make sure you only compress the files inside the temporary folder you created to hold the ROM files or the install will error. Then simply install the ROM and you will still most likely still have to edit the build.prop to get the signal completely stable... Good Luck! You will find the firmware and ROM's you seek on the xt925 / xt926 threads.