Centurion
Help me!

adb push skitzandroid-10-1v-root.zip /sdcard/

error: device not found

but first fasboot is correct

why not found?

It means it is not detecting the device either for the following reasons:
  • You are still in fastboot mode?
  • or USB Debugging is not selected in settings->applications->development-> usb debugging should be ticked?
  • or ClockWorkmod should be loaded and sdcard must be mounted?
  • or Drivers not installed correctly?

jatg

Aug 14, 2008
Porto
Then the file will see skitzandroid-10-1V-root.zip navigate to it and the power button,

Finally navigate to YES Install_skitzandroid-10-1V-root.zip and power button to start the installation.

In my 10.1v this phase the following message appears:

"And: signature verification failed
Installation aborted "

And when I turn the machine does not have the superuser app: (
My 10.1v vodafone has been updated with the Portuguese version, is why?

Do you have any solution for this situation?

thanks

Fadawah

Jul 31, 2011
I unlocked the Bootloader and did every step up to 6), but then it says that the device was not found. My tab doesn't show up in the menu of external devices, but my drivers are updated. I also activated debugging mode.

When I start my tablet and choose download I can already choose for something called Odin? Does that mean my tablet is ready for this program to be installed?

Thanks

Fadawah

Jul 31, 2011
It means it is not detecting the device either for the following reasons:
  • You are still in fastboot mode?
  • or USB Debugging is not selected in settings->applications->development-> usb debugging should be ticked?
  • or ClockWorkmod should be loaded and sdcard must be mounted?
  • or Drivers not installed correctly?

How do you get out of Fastboot mode?
Shouldn't Clockworkmod be installed AFTER this tutorial?

Last edited:

Fadawah

Jul 31, 2011
It worked. HOWEVER, some steps didn't work for me, which is either due my lack of knowledge or just my tablet.

Everything worked for me up to 7) Copy the skitzandroid-10-1v-root.zip file to the root of your sdcard. You can eithe drag/drop, or run: Whatever I did, my Command prompt kept saying "error: device not found", even though all my drivers were installed correctly. The solution to this problem (= not being able to copy stuff with command prompt) is to just manually copy and paste everything to your tablet.

What also helped is to put the skitzandroid-10-1v-root.zip & .img files in your android/tools folder instead of making a root folder on your desktop.

So glad it works now

babu_cristi

Nov 6, 2010
when i try to run :" fastboot boot skitzandroid-recovery.img" the cmd tell's me that 'fastboot' is not recognized as a internal or external command. please tell me what i do wrong. thanks

Fadawah

Jul 31, 2011
when i try to run :" fastboot boot skitzandroid-recovery.img" the cmd tell's me that 'fastboot' is not recognized as a internal or external command. please tell me what i do wrong. thanks
Here's what you have to do. Put the .img & zip files to C:\android\tools (the ...\android\tools folder that contains the fastboot files). Then copy the .img & .zip files also to your tablet.

Once that is done type cd C:\android\tools (or wherever your Android SDK is located). If you then type fastboot boot skitzandroid-recovery.img, it should work

Metalz

Sep 2, 2004
Are the files same for 3G+WiFi version? Most of the video I watch, it said WiFi only tablet. This is my first time trying to root my P7500XXKG7 tablet. Really appreciate any help here.

mateik1

Apr 6, 2010
Hello all
I managed to unlock my bootloader using ODIN.
But I have tried all tricks on this thread and this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1064793 thread... no luck (or you could say no skills :D )

I have no idea what to do next to get root. Any ideas? Or does anyone know any other way to root 10.1v?
I also have one laptop with Ubuntu but I am a super-noob with Linux, so I can not do anything with that...

HELP! ;)

mateik1

Apr 6, 2010
All done now... device permanently rooted.
I just could not manage to do it with that first Windows laptop, but with another one it just went thru with the first try.

Thank you everyone for this great thread!

Reactions: jlokos

robin.janssen

Mar 17, 2009
fastboot doesn't work for me.

Hello,

I'm new @ the rooting scene for tablets. Did it for my Galaxy S and was pretty easy. Now I want to try it on my galaxy tab 10.1V. So I took all the steps to make it work but the fastboot doesn't work for me. To sum up:

1. Unlocked my bootloader
2. Trying to root my tablet:
- Did all the steps untill fastboot in cmd. I think the command fastboot doesn't work in cmd and don't know how to get it to work.

Trying to get fastboot working with http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1064793 Hope it will work otherwise i'm stuck. Any ideas what to do if this doesn't work?

Tried to install the drivers and then perform the command fastboot devices but I get a message (ADBWinApi.dll can't be found). How can u resolve this problem?

Greetz

Last edited:

isimobile

Aug 8, 2011
Centurion
Hello,

I'm new @ the rooting scene for tablets. Did it for my Galaxy S and was pretty easy. Now I want to try it on my galaxy tab 10.1V. So I took all the steps to make it work but the fastboot doesn't work for me. To sum up:

1. Unlocked my bootloader
2. Trying to root my tablet:
- Did all the steps untill fastboot in cmd. I think the command fastboot doesn't work in cmd and don't know how to get it to work.

Trying to get fastboot working with http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1064793 Hope it will work otherwise i'm stuck. Any ideas what to do if this doesn't work?

Tried to install the drivers and then perform the command fastboot devices but I get a message (ADBWinApi.dll can't be found). How can u resolve this problem?

Greetz

Have a look at this process, maybe it can help solve your problems.

hth.

nickza

Feb 1, 2009
Johannesburg
www.sizapro.co.za
Hello

Currently i have successfully used chainfires stock rom with unlocker installed on my 10.1v.
I cannot get root done as i cannot get fastboot to work.
When i try fastboot devices, nothing appears.
Trust me i have tried almost everything.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

UPDATE:

I get upto step 5:

5) Run the following command:
Temp Root:
Code:
fastboot boot skitzandroid-recovery.img
..and wait. It might not look like anything is happening but it is.
Permanent Root:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery skitzandroid-recovery.img

When i run the fastboot boot skitzandroid-recovery.img code, i get a
< waiting for device >
and nothing happens.

My tablet does say, Fastboot USB download protocal with the bootloader, baseband, serial, and lock state (which is unlocked).

PLEASE can someone help me! *desperate

Last edited:

PooJou

Oct 28, 2011
Just dropping in here to say THANKS to the thread starter - 3.1 running like a CHARM on my 10.1v!

veewee16v

Jul 18, 2008
Ahhh... What to do?

Hi there,

Do you please have some advice for my... Dying to get Samsung UI on my 10.1v... :)

Sofar I've unlocked boatloader, rooted en permaflashed with skitzandroid. However, it doesn't matter what I do, my tab won't go into recovery via USB, ROMmanager, ADB, Wireless ASB.:confused: Instead, I see for half a second a box unpacking and then a droid with a triangle and a exclamation mark (!).

Thank you very much opfront!

UPDATE: got it. I didnt flashed the recovery in rom manager. Since I only had the choice between 10.1 and 9000 instead of 10.1v, I wasnt sure if I could choose 10.1. Now I am :)

Last edited:

daim01

Oct 16, 2011
Munich
Problem: can't access to system/csc

Hi

first of all thanks for this thread. Everything worked like a charm and I got 3.2 to work on my 10.1v.

Than the trouble started:

First the pad got slower to a point it wouldn't start again and than it froze. At a certain point it wouldn't even start up again and I had to use the skitzandroid to get it recognised by odin. Than I pushed my old rom back on it. So far so good. The problem is that now, when I want to reroot it everything works like a charm except I get this error message and superuser doesn't get installed:

:confused: can't access to system/csc....

I redid all the unlocking and rooting processes and everything seems to work up to the point I wan to run the sip from the device. Anybody knows how to tackle this problem? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

androidtee

Jul 19, 2011
now it says in my tablet "Flashing MBR to device" and I don't have any menu selection for "Install zip from SD card". The tab's screen is stuck on that screen, no reboot nothing but I still can start it back normally

Mine also does this, not matter how long i wait :confused: it never reaches this point

7) Navigate to the root of your internal storage (/sdcard), select the skitzandroid-10-1v-root.zip file and press (tap!) the POWER button to confirm selection.

The 1st (temp) option works fine but the 2nd (permanent) one not, any ideas?

Could it be the the file is called skitzandroid-10-1v-root_0.2.zip and not skitzandroid-10-1v-root.zip as suggested in the 1st post?

The file on /sdcard/ is skitzandroid-10-1v-root_0.2.zip copied there with file manager.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BEFORE YOU BEGIN

As always, mucking with your device at this level is risky. If you follow this process, you do so entirely at your own risk. I accept no responsibility for any detrimental effects resulting from following this process, or for any problems associated with the updated files. Only if you accept these risks should you use these instructions.

PREREQUISITES
    • Unlocked bootloader (see my guide to do this)
    • Working fastboot (also see my guide )
    • Patience

NOTES
    I developed and followed this process on Ubuntu Natty, 64bit. I see no reason why it should not work on any other platform, since the only tool used is fastboot and the syntax for fastboot is the same on any platform. if you need to know how to get fastboot working, there are already many guides for that (see my how to unlock your bootloader thread, for example)

BUTTON CONFUSION
    When in landscape mode, with the camera at the top, the power button is on the left 'vertical' side of the tab. On the top is the volume rocker. In this orientation:
    - The LEFT side of the volume rocker is VOLUME DOWN
    - The RIGHT side of the volume rocker is VOLUME UP
    This might seem obvious, but to anyone who is used to phones, this is the opposite, since they were designed to be used in Portrait mode.

PREPARE
    1) With your Tab in fastboot mode (step 1 of "GETTING ROOT" below), make sure you have a working fastboot implementation:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    If all is well, you should see your device serial number. If there is a problem, you won't get any response.

2) Downlad View attachment skitzandroid-10-1v-root_0.2.zip and View attachment skitzandroid-stock-recovery.zip

3) Create a folder on your desktop called "root"
    Code:
    mkdir ~/Desktop/root
    for Ubuntu or
    Code:
    md %userprofile%\desktop\root
    for Windows
    This will be referred to as the working directory throughout the rest of this guide

4) Copy skitzandroid-10-1v-root.zip to your working directory (DO NOT UNZIP!)

5) Extract the skitzandroid-recovery.img file from skitzandroid-stock-recovery.zip to your working folder. Your working folder should now have 1 IMG file and one ZIP file.

6) This was an afterthought - Make sure fastboot is somewhere in your path (ie can be executed from anywhere). To test, 'cd' to any random folder and type 'fastboot' and make sure it runs.

7) Copy the skitzandroid-10-1v-root.zip file to the root of your sdcard. You can eithe drag/drop, or run:
    Code:
    adb push skitzandroid-10-1v-root.zip /sdcard/
    from your working directory

...now the easy part

GETTING ROOT

1) Power off your Tab and power it back on, while holding the VOLUME DOWN button.

2) When the DOWNLOAD / FASTBOOT icons appear, press VOLUME DOWN again to select FASTBOOT icon (the one with the USB logo) and press VOLUME UP to confirm selection.

3) Confirm you are now in fastboot mode and do a:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    If all is well, you should see your device serial number.

4) Open a terminal / CMD prompt and CD to your working folder
    Code:
    cd ~/Desktop/root
    for Ubuntu or
    Code:
    cd %userprofile%\desktop\root
    for Windows

5) Run the following command:
    Temp Root:
    Code:
    fastboot boot skitzandroid-recovery.img
    ..and wait. It might not look like anything is happening but it is.
    Permanent Root:
    Code:

6) You should now have a recovery menu. Use the volume rocker (up/down navigates menu options) to select "Install zip from SDCARD" (or something like that - if someone can post the exact menu item wording, I will update the guide). Press (tap!) the POWER button to confirm the menu selection

7) Navigate to the root of your internal storage (/sdcard), select the skitzandroid-10-1v-root.zip file and press (tap!) the POWER button to confirm selection.

8) Once complete, use the Volume rocker to select "REBOOT" from the menu and press (tap!!!) the POWER button to confirm selection.

9) You're done! Press the thanks button on this thread to continue ;)

TESTING

1) Once your Tab boots up, check your apps menu to confirm the existence of SuperUser app.
    2) With the Tab attached to your PC via USB cable, do the following:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    ..and watch the screen on your Tab for a SuperUser prompt. If you see this, congratulations!

If you have never rooted a phone/tablet before, go get Titanium Backup Pro and ROM Manager from the market. As soon as the custom ROMs start flowing in, you'll be all set to go.

Edit: How about thanking smaskell who was very patient and persistent in dumping the image from his Google IO 10.1 - for the good of his fellow XDA members. Without his help, this would not be possible.
    Note that the above process doesn't flash the recovery, just loads it.

If you want to flash the recovery permanently, all you need to do is follow the guide above and then, in step 5, use this command instead:
    Code:

You will then have a permanent recovery which you can get to by doing:
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    reboot recovery
    at any time.

Note that doing just
    ...for some bizarre reason does not boot to recovery. Open up a shell first, as shown above.

I will also give you credit in the guide for having "Balls of Steel" to steal a phrase from PaulObrien :D

EDIT:
    ...and the Balls of Steel award goes to *drumroll*
    :cool: Egan :cool:
    ...for having the balls to flash the recovery. Thanks egan. If I was in a battle, I'd definitely want you in our squad :D
    I tried to root my tab on ICS (4.0.4).
    First I tried to use the latest droidbasement recovery, but it didn't boot. So I used the old recovery.img, then applied the skitzandroid-10-1v-root_0.2.zip
    That worked and I rebootet the tab.
    Now I have a Superuser App. But the problem is: it doesn't give any root permissions. No confirm dialog, nothing in superuser log.

How can I get superuser to work in ICS again?

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

I tried to root my tab on ICS (4.0.4).
    First I tried to use the latest droidbasement recovery, but it didn't boot. So I used the old recovery.img, then applied the skitzandroid-10-1v-root_0.2.zip
    That worked and I rebootet the tab.
    Now I have a Superuser App. But the problem is: it doesn't give any root permissions. No confirm dialog, nothing in superuser log.

How can I get superuser to work in ICS again?

Got It. Thanks to isimobile!! :good:

Works nearly like the tutorial in the first post. But you need to flash the new su binary afterwards too.
    su binary for ARM from here: http://androidsu.com/superuser/
    Copy that to /sdcard and reboot in fastboot (usb mode).
    fastboot boot skitzandroid-recovery.img, then update su from sdcard
    Thats it.
    FAQ
    • Does it need unlocked bootloader? Yes, see my other guide for this.
    • Do I need to wipe, or will it wipe my device? No and No.
    • Can I return my device to factory default config? Yes. This process does not flash the partition unless you follow the process in post 2 which is optional.

Changelog
    0.2 - Added busybox (can be flashed over the top of 0.1 without wipe)
    0.1 - Initial Relase

Factory Voda Tab Images
    COWS ePlana

Hi Le Dam,

I've been trying to root my Tab but had the same problem as you...
    I guess this has to do with the superuser zip file from h**p://androidsu.com/superuser/.
    Could you please confirm which of the files you used?

su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip

or

Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip

Thanks

Hi durius,

First, I flash su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip but I but I have not seen any change.
    In second time, I've flashed Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip and it work !

I can't say if you must flash only Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip or if you must flash su-bin-3.1.1-arm-signed.zip AND Superuser-3.1.3-arm-signed.zip?

(sorry for my bad english, I usually speak french)

;)

Come back to tell us if it works!