[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Search This thread

lmarranzino

Apr 4, 2011
Orange County, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23
Would the one click Odin3 UCKH7 Stock + Root No Bootloaders work alright? That one seems simple enough.

I went to another I777 Rom and assured it was settled rebooted and rebooted again. I also did this with a manual not using the app for CWM yet doing by key press. I placed CM9 on my internal SD card (as I had read in another posting) then flashed it. I am now running nightly's without a hitch since yesterday.

I am happy that my phone now knows it is NOT an 1900 as it seemed to so the same. You can also flash the gapps the same way in the link that was posted prior. I just assured and wiped twice on Data and Cache just in case.

Good Luck ...

I will NEVER go near Zedomax again ....

madLyfe

Dec 17, 2011
Delete out EVERYTHING that says get-prop, not just the one you removed and it should work for you.
Sent from My SGH-I777 Running Red Reaper Rom

i deleted everything so that 'mount' was the first line in the updater script and that didnt work.. i didnt get any errors, but it just said 'install aborted'..

aj9507

Mar 22, 2012
Las Vegas
Hey guys i just upgraded to the stable build today and its all good but the overall volume quality/output on the main speaker is still pretty low. imho its at half way already and its still pretty low. sounds like im only at 20 or 30 percent l used to not have to go over 50 percent on stock and up to may nightlies but after that audio has gone down hill is there any fix to this other than switching kernels?? thanks

GamSlav

Jun 26, 2012
the overall volume quality/output on the main speaker is still pretty low
I'm having the same problem. I'm on stable (full data wipe, stock kernel), and, even at full volume, the external speaker seems awfully quiet. I have to place my phone fairly close to my ear to make out anything. I've tested it with Audiogalaxy, YouTube and Netflix. I didn't notice this issue on previous Nightly builds, but, then again, I don't frequently use my external speaker. Perhaps I should try a recent Nightly build or an alternate kernel? I'll give the 8/14 build a shot after I get home from work.

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
i deleted everything so that 'mount' was the first line in the updater script and that didnt work.. i didnt get any errors, but it just said 'install aborted'..

Possibly you have a bad download then. Try to redownload it. See what the md5 is before download king it and then check your md5 of your download and make sure they match. The other option is you just extract the build.prop from the newest nightly/stable build and use root explorer or equivalent and move it into /system and overwrite the original one. Then go out to recovery and flash the rom and gapps. Again IF it was a bad download (I had one yesterday that was the exact correct size but would still abort. I checked the md5 and it was different. So I redownloaded and checked md5 and it matched and it flashed correctly for me) then it will still not flash correctly.

Reactions: madLyfe

madLyfe

Dec 17, 2011
Possibly you have a bad download then. Try to redownload it. See what the md5 is before download king it and then check your md5 of your download and make sure they match. The other option is you just extract the build.prop from the newest nightly/stable build and use root explorer or equivalent and move it into /system and overwrite the original one. Then go out to recovery and flash the rom and gapps. Again IF it was a bad download (I had one yesterday that was the exact correct size but would still abort. I checked the md5 and it was different. So I redownloaded and checked md5 and it matched and it flashed correctly for me) then it will still not flash correctly.

i did check the md5 when i downloaded and then edited the updater script. obv the md5 would change after that. some got messed up tho.. i got it to work but i had to install an LE5 rom first then CM9..

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
i did check the md5 when i downloaded and then edited the updater script. obv the md5 would change after that. some got messed up tho.. i got it to work but i had to install an LE5 rom first then CM9..

I think I have seen where depending on which kernel is being used you can run into the same kind of issue. Like if the rom you were on used a i9100 based kernel so the fix for that would be to flash a i777 cm9 kernel, then flash the rom before rebooting. If it doesn't take after the first flash (which can happen on occasion) then just go out to recovery via the volume +/- and power and flash the rom a second time. Also I am NOT sure on cm since I am using CM10 at this moment but I had a kind of issue where I had to dou me flash since the first flash was installing cwm 6 and the second flash flashed the rom. Just throwing out ideas that I have seen here. I do remember whenever I was flashing between a Sammy based rom and cm I would flash whichever rom twice before rebooting just for good measure.

Reactions: madLyfe

harleydad82

Dec 31, 2010
Can anyone post the link to the thread of CM9 final, so I can download it. I've done a search and looked under development but no dice. I must be missing something

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Alan2012

Nov 12, 2011
Lugano
Hi guys i think i have a seriouse problem!

its all about this damn problem SD card its seems wont recognize file pictures on gallery and also too music for media player. Before was using on cyanogen mod 7.1 (too 7.2) but i tried to format all on sdcard then wipe all data reset, cache dalvik etc, fix problems, all the way i tried, but the problem still persist....then i tried to reinstall on this cyanogen mod 9 but the problem is exactly same things.

Also i cant remove this SD card cause its seems inside of phone memory 11 GB. I wasnt having problems untly now dunno what happened.....something could think this sdcard is damage?? When i turn off phone and re-on normaly appear a message pop up like "Preparings scan SDcard" then disappear and re appear again 3 time message then off. I belive there is something for scanning wont work anymore. But the things strange its working fine when i open sdcard from PC computer so dunno what happened...i didnt touch untyl now and i've notice now this problem mysterius.

Sorry my bad english but im italian anyway i hope someone can understand me what i try to say and how to solve this stupid problem.

Best regards
Alan

elherr

Jul 26, 2011
Isla de Malhado
Hi guys i think i have a seriouse problem!

its all about this damn problem SD card its seems wont recognize file pictures on gallery and also too music for media player. Before was using on cyanogen mod 7.1 (too 7.2) but i tried to format all on sdcard then wipe all data reset, cache dalvik etc, fix problems, all the way i tried, but the problem still persist....then i tried to reinstall on this cyanogen mod 9 but the problem is exactly same things.
[SNIP]
Check Settings --> Storage and see if your Internal Storage *and* SD Card are appearing. If so then you may just need to hit the menu key, select 'Storage Configuration' and de-select 'Use internal storage'.

Reactions: tysj

Alan2012

Nov 12, 2011
Lugano
Check Settings --> Storage and see if your Internal Storage *and* SD Card are appearing. If so then you may just need to hit the menu key, select 'Storage Configuration' and de-select 'Use internal storage'.

Hi thank you for quick reply still at moment im using on cyanogen mod 7.2 even so i doubt will solve the problem. I've check on storage and all seems correct and active...the only a problem is i cannot view pictures and music list player that all.

I dont know a reasony why...but im curiouse to understand what exactly wrong with all this messed up alone himself phone...

I also tried unmount and re-mount but wont change nothing.

mrbenjihao

Nov 23, 2011
How is the battery life for those on cm9 stable right now? I seem to be getting really bad battery life compared to shostock during regular use. Usage for me is just texting and web browsing.

bkress

Nov 25, 2008
Decatur, IL
www.benkress.com
Anyone having issues with not getting incoming calls sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't ring or nothing...

I hate to revive a dead horse, but if this has been answered anywhere I haven't found it. My phone has started doing this too, sometimes it rings when people call, sometimes it doesn't. Missed calls always show up though, and my notification sounds for SMS/mms and voicemail always work. I have no clue how to resolve this one. Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/CyanogenMod9:GT-I9100:Nightly:Known_issues (All the same issues as GT-I9100 as almost all the code is the same - so pointing to the GT-I9100)

THE CM-TEAM DOESN'T ACCEPT BUG REPORTS OR FEATURE REQUESTS ON NIGHTLY BUILDS!
    A MISSING FEATURE IS NOT A BUG!!!

FAQs: Same as the GT-I9100 -- essentially the same code.
    FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    SPECIAL XDA NOOB FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:XDA_Asked_Questions

First time installing CyanogenMod 9 to your AT&T Galaxy S II (SGH-I777), or coming from another ROM:
    - READ FAQs: http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9100:Frequently_Asked_Questions
    - Make sure you're running SGH-I777 bootloaders only (only the ones that are specifically released for the SGH-I777 -- official Gingerbread bootloaders work fine!) and a proper working CWM like the one from CM7
    - Copy GApps and CM9 ZIPs to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Flash GApps zip
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your calendar sync will not work)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore Apps using Titanium Backup!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9:
    - Copy CM9 ZIP to your internal SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM9 zip
    - Wipe cache partition and dalvik-cache
    - Reboot

STOP!!!
    Did you read THIS POST fully, the FAQs and KNOWN ISSUES?

No
    DO IT or leave this thread immediately.
    If you download anyway and start asking already answered or dumb questions, you'll get flamed.
    This is fully YOUR OWN FAULT then!

Yes
    Here's the download link for you.

Nightly builds can be found at ROM-Manager or at:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?device=i777

Google Apps:
    Get the latest Version from: http://goo-inside.me/gapps

CWM flashable Modems:
    UCLC2
    UCKK6
    UCKJ4
    UCKH7

Changelogs:
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=i777
    http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=galaxys2 -- mostly shared by the i777

Webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/?randomnick=1&channels=teamhacksung-support&uio=d4

Server: chat.freenode.net
    Channel: #teamhacksung-support

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files

Thread for Developers only(!!!):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1568852

AdamG-, atinm, codeworkx, coolya, Entropy512, guiper, nebkat, Unhelpful, xplodwild, teamhacksung, the cyanogenmod-team.

9XWih.png
    NLXAX.png
    LBnUm.png
    nQpJD.png
    What I don't quite get is why there are nightly builds of this ROM but no fix yet to the audio bug.

Overall it is a pretty sweet ROM, and compared to the leaked ATT ICS ROM it kicks ass. The att rom is a bugging bloat ridden piece of crap.

The audio bug impacts the ROM as a daily driver, so much works right about the ROM but this bug in particular makes it a pain to use. Being able to receive a text while listening to streaming music and receiving a notification and have the music return to the previous sound level just does not seem like too much to ask.
    Because this "bug" hasn't impacted any developers and we've got a ton of other things to fix.

ICS KERNEL SOURCE HAS ONLY BEEN OUT THREE WEEKS.

IT HAD FUNDAMENTAL STABILITY BUGS WE DIDN'T FIND FIXES FOR UNTIL DAYS AGO.

THIS WEEKEND IS EASTER AND SOME OF US HAD HOLIDAY PREP TO DO LAST WEEK. WE HAVE OUR OWN LIVES YOU KNOW!

WE DON'T EXIST TO SERVE YOU.

Submit a fix to gerrit or stop *****ing and wait!
    codeworkx's tree is untested - it keeps derping. Looks like I'll have to temporarily rip out NFC.

It's 1:35 AM, I'm about to go to bed regardless of whether it builds or not.
    TriangleAway can be used on ICS to reset the flash counter.

Video recording upgrades are not merged in yet - it's in progress. No ETAs, but it's close. Don't ask when, of course - there are many reasons why a patch that works on our device will get rejected until rewritten in a way that doesn't break other devices.

A major dock audio cleanup by StevenHarperUK is in progress. It's working on my device now, so it's a matter of getting through code review.

I submitted a new kernel to gerrit that fixes stability issues when changing cpufreq min/max limits (e.g. fixes SetCPU profiles).

I'm going to hop over to TW-land for a while to do some stuff, then I think I might play with NFC.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Great. So 4/20 ****S **** UP AGAIN!

More mount point changes? Now all my gameloft apps that I JUST fixed last night are redownloading app data again. Same with my dropbox, as well as my spotify AGAIN.

Why are they doing this!!!??? THIS IS 2 TIMES I'M gonna have to RESTORE to get my **** right again. I mean, I get the first swap of mount points. It was needed to match other devices, but it's royally screwed my device. AGAIN!

Maybe some warning in PLAIN ENGLISH is in order. I'm about to give up on CM9.

get lost. your post is ridiculous. is this your rom? did you take any part in the development of this rom? NO and NO!!! how do you have any right to ***** or complain about something that you have NOTHING to do with? YOU DON'T! if you don't like it, FIX IT YOURSELF and submit it to gerritt and see if your changes get merged. either do something about it yourself or switch to a different rom. its that easy. no one forced you to use this rom. your post doesn't get you any closer to your solution so i'm not quite sure why you even posted this bull**** other then to complain about something that you have no right or control over. think about it.