[APP][4.0+] Spoticast - Spotify for Chromecast

Search This thread

beowulfey

Jan 11, 2013
it IS a bit suspicious, especially since that update didn't have any new changes listed... really big shame.

they've explicitly said they won't be adding chromecast support right now, really wish they would.

Angel0fDeath

Aug 29, 2013
Wonderland
darkillusion.us
it IS a bit suspicious, especially since that update didn't have any new changes listed... really big shame.

they've explicitly said they won't be adding chromecast support right now, really wish they would.
At least chromecast officially supports screen mirroring now.(only on certain phones though :/).
Spotify works perfectly with my nexus 5 mirroring to my chromecast.

makey404

Apr 6, 2011
Tarifa
New version has been released (v1.4).
Works fine with new Spotify Music app and is not necessary being premium neither configure Spotify Connect :D

Search "Spoticast" on Google+.

I can't post outside links. I'm registered since 2011 but I don't have 10 posts yet. I mostly follow rom developing topics and I can't post on it, so never reach 10 post, hahaha :crying:

Last edited:

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
Reactions: makey404

makey404

Apr 6, 2011
Tarifa
@Ather Thank you for posting direct URL to profile :good:
I can't reply quoting you because you entered a link and I can't posts links. Holy s**t! :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just decided to release this to the public. It uses your credentials to make a separate connection to Spotify while listening to media broadcast events sent from the android Spotify client. When one is received it makes a request via the connection for the required metadata and track data. It is then forwarded to your Chromecast to be played. There is a slight delay and a few bugs here and there but overall should be stable enough for a public release. Keep in mind it has not been tested externally until now. You must have a Spotify premium account and you must enable "Device Broadcast Status" in Spotify!

I have no affiliation with Spotify. I think they are a great company who provide a great service but I do not approve of their choice to exclude support for Chromecast. So here it is.

KZo9uLqflgkqKzUEZik0nhsL5qBYXrzWxHC_ihxYYR75h2MkyJSpQrObNWoCqZg8Bg=h900-rw

You can find the application in the Google Play store under the name Spoticast.
    You can find a post with information FAQ, issues and other discussion on reddit in /r/Chromecast

Enjoy

Link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nop.spoticast
    I've added a link. I will also feature it in the portal. Good job :)
    New version has been released.
    Works fine with new Spotify Music app and is not necessary being premium neither configure Spotify Connect :D

Search "Spoticast" on Google+.

I can't post outside links. I'm registered since 2011 but I don't have 10 posts yet. I mostly follow rom developing topics and I can't post on it, so never reach 10 post, hahaha :crying:
    https://plus.google.com/104963955277459800660/posts