Ghost Donwloaded Files (Android 4.3)

Search This thread

aldana

May 2, 2009
sixt.mns-online.net
LS,

Last week I had a Samsung Expert @ Best Buy to upgrade my I-747 to Android 4.3. The phone is working perfect since then, even the battery drain is NOT an issue, in fact I noticed that battery last longer now. Even the good performance so far, I have 2 issues:

• Each time my S3 connects to wifi, I get a notification of 2 particular files DOWNLOAD COMPLETE however these PDF files were donwloaded months ago. I clear the notification area, but when I switch from 4G to wifi or visa versa, I get the notifications back.

• I'm unable to activate hotspot

Any ideas how to solve this...?

crazymonkey05

Apr 1, 2012
stilwell, OK
Try clearing the cache of download manager.....that usually fixes those problems.....as for the WiFi thing you may need to be rooted and use a third party hotspot app

Sent from my ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk

Reactions: aldana

aldana

May 2, 2009
sixt.mns-online.net
@CrazyMonkey: Clearing the Download Manager helped solve the issue; I didn't think about that :cyclops: :good:

As for the hotspot, the stock "Tethering and portable hotspot" never worked, so I downloaded a widget from Sharp Communications (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sharp_eu.ste.wifihotspot) and hotspot worked with no problem.

Since the upgrade to 4.3, when I turn on the widget, I get the same error as the stock is giving me "Mobile data is not available or invalid SIM".

Try clearing the cache of download manager.....that usually fixes those problems.....as for the WiFi thing you may need to be rooted and use a third party hotspot app

shadowswittness

Jan 24, 2011
@CrazyMonkey: Clearing the Download Manager helped solve the issue; I didn't think about that :cyclops: :good:

As for the hotspot, the stock "Tethering and portable hotspot" never worked, so I downloaded a widget from Sharp Communications (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sharp_eu.ste.wifihotspot) and hotspot worked with no problem.

Since the upgrade to 4.3, when I turn on the widget, I get the same error as the stock is giving me "Mobile data is not available or invalid SIM".

Try using Bluetooth tethering. Mine wouldn't connect at all until I switched to Bluetooth tethering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

crazymonkey05

Apr 1, 2012
stilwell, OK
Well carriers try to get every penny they can from you....I don't know about the s3 as mine is not in active service....but on most phones tethering needs to be bought from a carrier unless you root the device

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.