[Q] What is this icon and how do I get rid of it?

Search This thread

arrogantbastard

Jul 2, 2011
The only thing that really bugs me about the new Sense is the icon overload in the status bar. I already did the .xml edit to get rid of the NFC icon.

Can anyone tell me what this one is (circled in red) and how I can get rid of it?

gyDjJpv.png

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
GPS icon

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

I am trying to remember how I disabled it. I know it's in SystemUI, a smali edit in locationcontroller.xml I think

arrogantbastard

Jul 2, 2011
GPS icon

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

I am trying to remember how I disabled it. I know it's in SystemUI, a smali edit in locationcontroller.xml I think

But this one is on at all times. When I'm using Maps I get the satellite-looking icon in addition to this cross-hair one.
You led me in the right direction though - it's Location Services. It has a line through it when I turn location services off.

But I want to get rid of the icon completely, not disable Location Services.

Edit: Just saw your edit. I'll search around. Thanks.

metalfan78

Jan 30, 2010
Littleton, CO
Yea, there's a zip floating around here somewhere for it. I can't find it now though

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

I can send you my SystemUI if you want to diff it

Top Liked Posts