Cant root my device(((

Search This thread
Mar 16, 2014
Hi guys. I can't root my mobile.
Please help me to find the correct model of my phone.
Course i trying to search before some way to root my phone and change ROM.
And always i received only fails...
I'm really can't found rooting method for that...
My GPS is not working. (((
I relay don't know what to do with this mobile...
May be i'm doing something wrong...
I'm new with samsung, and this my friends send me the present...

Attachments

• fail.jpg
    fail.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 316
  • Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    184.8 KB · Views: 295

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
Hi guys. I can't root my mobile.
Please help me to find the correct model of my phone.
Course i trying to search before some way to root my phone and change ROM.
And always i received only fails...
I'm really can't found rooting method for that...
My GPS is not working. (((
I relay don't know what to do with this mobile...
May be i'm doing something wrong...
I'm new with samsung, and this my friends send me the present...

look up in these dorums root mk2 safestrap. n please search next time before asking

Mar 16, 2014
that's all...

look up in these dorums root mk2 safestrap. n please search next time before asking

--- Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.3 Root ---
--- Based on the CVE-2013-6282 exploit by cubeundcube ---

[*] Testing adb usability

Plug in your phone and Press any key to continue . . .

[*] Waiting for your phone to appear
[*] Your phone is detected and ready for rooting.

[*] Sending files to your device...

[*] Starting rooting program.
/system/bin/sh: /data/local/tmp/getroot: can't execute: Permission denied

[*] Checking if rooting succeeded
[*] Unfortunately, rooting failed. Cleaning up.
Press any key to continue . . .

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
You need to go to to the forums for your device. You have the international S4 but this is the forum for the Verizon S4 so people are giving you advice for the wrong device.

And you're already on a custom Rom are you sure you're not already rooted?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
You need to go to to the forums for your device. You have the international S4 but this is the forum for the Verizon S4 so people are giving you advice for the wrong device.

good eye on that one. i didnt even catch it till u said that. might help if i look at the top of the screenshot first right

Mar 16, 2014

Please see build version and hardware please.
adn what? - this s4 intentional?

in ODIN mode also showing that product name - sch i545
Current binary - Samsung official
write protection - enable...............

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
Can you not use saferoot?? I used it on my dads s3 and one of my friends Verizon s4 and it worked perfectly. (All of those were on 4.3 knox bootloader.) But the only way to change ROMs is to use safestrap, but only touch wiz ROMs can be flashed. Safe strap can't flash the kernel. Also you can't unlock your phone as you more than likely already know, so only touch wiz 4.3 style ROMs :c

Sent from my Rezound using xda-developers app. CyanogenMod 11. S-off

gnubian

Mar 15, 2012
Asheville
As joshm stated, you seem to be rooted and on a custom rom. Your baseband differs from build number and it says echo rom. Weird that your model number seems to be international but hardware number seems to be verizon. Why are you trying to flash what seems to be a kernel in odin? Please stop and do some research before you brick your phone into a paperweight.

Last edited:

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Please see build version and hardware please.
adn what? - this s4 intentional?

in ODIN mode also showing that product name - sch i545
Current binary - Samsung official
write protection - enable...............

Well like the other guys stated your all over the place. Your phone is showing to be the international S4 as well the i545 and your on the Verizon mk2 baseband running Echoe ROM...flashing what appears to be the md2 pre release kernel needed to root an mdk based s4... Lol

I'm guessing your on a Verizon s4 with the international Echoe ROM and somehow it's changed your model somewhere.. No big deal. But that means you should already be rooted.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
Well like the other guys stated your all over the place. Your phone is showing to be the international S4 as well the i545 and your on the Verizon mk2 baseband running Echoe ROM...flashing what appears to be the md2 pre release kernel needed to root an mdk based s4... Lol

I'm guessing your on a Verizon s4 with the international Echoe ROM and somehow it's changed your model somewhere.. No big deal. But that means you should already be rooted.

just thought of this. maybe using a patch like jrkruse has. thats the only way i can see it being faked, but yeah OP please read up before you make a brick and if its the awesome MDK version please dont brick it.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
just thought of this. maybe using a patch like jrkruse has. thats the only way i can see it being faked, but yeah OP please read up before you make a brick and if its the awesome MDK version please dont brick it.

I haven't flashed an international ROM + patch myself but that would be my guess.
Either way for the op there is certainly an easier way to get root/supersu back. Especially since I'm assuming that phone has a custom recovery.

Mar 16, 2014

ok!
Just last step. I'll Show all details...
Really i don't understand how is it possible. See my att. files.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-19-20-42-03.png
    Screenshot_2014-03-19-20-42-03.png
    157.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-20140319-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20140319-WA0023.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG-20140319-WA0024.jpg
    IMG-20140319-WA0024.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-20140319-WA0027.jpg
    IMG-20140319-WA0027.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 36

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
ok!
Just last step. I'll Show all details...
Really i don't understand how is it possible. See my att. files.

Alright did you try to odin back to Stock MDK through odin and using the full wipe(or no wipe) .tar file?. Safestrap is your only option if the phone does bot have a MDK bootloader. Your phone might be the MK2 in which case look into this forum for safestrap concerning your phone http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758

Mar 16, 2014
Alright did you try to odin back to Stock MDK through odin and using the full wipe(or no wipe) .tar file?. Safestrap is your only option if the phone does bot have a MDK bootloader. Your phone might be the MK2 in which case look into this forum for safestrap concerning your phone http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2565758

Thanks.... Already tried before:crying:

[*] Waiting for your phone to appear[*] Your phone is detected and ready for rooting.
[*] Checking if rooting succeeded[*] Unfortunately, rooting failed. Cleaning up.

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
Thanks.... Already tried before:crying:

[*] Waiting for your phone to appear[*] Your phone is detected and ready for rooting.
[*] Checking if rooting succeeded[*] Unfortunately, rooting failed. Cleaning up.

ok by the looks on the last section no you havent done the BTS .tar file. The exploit is not the file you need. my advise look up the restore file or no wipe.tar file for MDK and use that. then reroot the device. If the ,dk wipe or no wipe files fail then go from there and look up the MK2 files no wipe restore.tar and Odin those files

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
ok by the looks on the last section no you havent done the BTS .tar file. The exploit is not the file you need. my advise look up the restore file or no wipe.tar file for MDK and use that. then reroot the device. If the ,dk wipe or no wipe files fail then go from there and look up the MK2 files no wipe restore.tar and Odin those files

That's bad advice.
Notice: the phone has the "Knox Warranty Void" flag. It doesn't have the MDK bootloader. Why do people keep telling the OP to flash MDK?

It appears to be a i545. What I'd do is to verify that by pulling the back off the phone - what model does it say under the battery? Does it have the "VZ" in black ink on the inside?

When you boot it, does the Safestrap screen show up?

If you're going to return this to stock so you can root it, grab the MJ7 or MK2 full-wipe images and flash one of those. Get it back to a known good state and work from there.

FordNate

Oct 28, 2012
Sacramento
That's bad advice.
Notice: the phone has the "Knox Warranty Void" flag. It doesn't have the MDK bootloader. Why do people keep telling the OP to flash MDK?

It appears to be a i545. What I'd do is to verify that by pulling the back off the phone - what model does it say under the battery? Does it have the "VZ" in black ink on the inside?

When you boot it, does the Safestrap screen show up?

If you're going to return this to stock so you can root it, grab the MJ7 or MK2 full-wipe images and flash one of those. Get it back to a known good state and work from there.

i was thinking it was the MDK due to the original screen running an international rom and kernel. plus when you are on mdk, or even further up, if you tried a mdk restore file and it failed couldnt you just go to the next? i know once you load the next ones up in the series you cant go back, so if you did have the mdk it would forever be lost. i keep me MDK and i will never odin anything above it. so having that "knox warranty void" flag means the phone has already been moved up in bootloaders?

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
From the pic, I can tell hes on SCH-1545 MK2. How do I know?

1. The date on the kernel is Nov.20 (MJ7 is in Oct something)
2. SEAndroid is enforcing (was permissive on 4.2.2)
3. SELinux status shows "SEPF_SCH-1545_4.3_0012"
4. Knox warranty void shows in odin (only appears after MJ7)

From what I gather he flashed a restore rom and lost root. This post isnt meant to be rude/mean just to end this thread. OP should flash either MJ7 or MK2 odin tars and reroot using saferoot as @k1mu mentioned.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    From the pic, I can tell hes on SCH-1545 MK2. How do I know?

1. The date on the kernel is Nov.20 (MJ7 is in Oct something)
    2. SEAndroid is enforcing (was permissive on 4.2.2)
    3. SELinux status shows "SEPF_SCH-1545_4.3_0012"
    4. Knox warranty void shows in odin (only appears after MJ7)

From what I gather he flashed a restore rom and lost root. This post isnt meant to be rude/mean just to end this thread. OP should flash either MJ7 or MK2 odin tars and reroot using saferoot as @k1mu mentioned.
    Cover up your imei and other personal info and take a pic of the sticker. I still am pretty sure its an i545 based on the odin screen (to manipulate that screen youd need to have a considerable amount of experience with the phones bootloaders) also no don't flash that rom.
    Ok guys.
    Which next step should i do???????

Theres one way to tell for sure but that requires you taking off the back casing. Unless you know what youre doing I dont suggest doing this. Im in agreement with k1mu that this is a verizon device. Is there another sticker underneath that sticker? Odin flashing mk2 or mj7 is still what I suggest

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2578209