Moving apps to SD card

Search This thread

anil2705

Apr 13, 2013
Redmi K20 Pro
As far as i know, in kitkat apps are restricted from accessing other folders in sd card. but they can read and write data to their own folders in SD card isn't it? so y am i unable to move all the data to sd card? like in asphalt or something, cant that app move the data to its own folder in the SD card?

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
As far as i know, in kitkat apps are restricted from accessing other folders in sd card. but they can read and write data to their own folders in SD card isn't it? so y am i unable to move all the data to sd card? like in asphalt or something, cant that app move the data to its own folder in the SD card?

Yeah that's not possible .Its how it is....only apk move to SD card not the app data. You shud just root and then use Folder mount

Low end phones are much better with root access

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

UtsavC

Jun 2, 2014
HELP.!!!!!!!

How can i move pre-installed apps to sd card??? My phone is rooted...

anil2705

Apr 13, 2013
Redmi K20 Pro
pre installed apps are usually placed in system folder
the updates of those apps can be moved to sd card using link2sd
in order to move the entire app to sd card, the system app should be converted to user app

heard about another app called folder mount with about the same usage, but personally haven't tried it yet

-Adarsh-

Jun 18, 2013
Balasore
OnePlus Nord
Movable with 4.4 api

0ok friends..i have read somewhere that app data can be moved if they are using the 4.4 api..
and i have installed frontline commando d day(mod)..its one single apk with the data,and it installed to sd card without using any internal memory.if anyone know how to make these apk please tell me or any games that are moving to sd card..fully...
plz inform.

mailppl

Sep 21, 2012
PUNE
Hi people I have a question >> can Whatsapp be transferred to external sdcard...and if yes then do all images and videos share on whatsapp get stored on external sd or internal sd... kindly let me know...accordingly I may decide to purchase the phone.