How to Get a custom Recovey on i9100

Search This thread

Hidden Username

Dec 25, 2012
I used to have an i9100 before and heavily tweaked it. I have a Nexus now and it is so much easier than S2 and I forgot everything. Now, my brother is got an i9100 and I would like to know how to get a custom recovery on it. I don't need root, just a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM will do.

Can someone link me how to install CWM or TWRP on this i9100? I want to install a KitKat ROM on it, such as Carbon ROM. I searched and searched but the instructions are for 4.0.4 only. Thanks

dd_command

May 21, 2014
Nottingham
I used to have an i9100 before and heavily tweaked it. I have a Nexus now and it is so much easier than S2 and I forgot everything. Now, my brother is got an i9100 and I would like to know how to get a custom recovery on it. I don't need root, just a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM will do.

Can someone link me how to install CWM or TWRP on this i9100? I want to install a KitKat ROM on it, such as Carbon ROM. I searched and searched but the instructions are for 4.0.4 only. Thanks

Did you get Custom Recovery with out root before? I think it is not possible cos I9100 and other do not use recovery partitions. Never ever. CWM is on same partition what kernel is. Its mixed up together. When you flash root you will have Custom Recovery