[ROM] Bionix-v 1.3.1 - enjoy the butter - Team Whiskey - 03/01/11

Search This thread

puretone

Jun 16, 2010
Make sure you are trying to "install" Memo.apk using a program like Root Explorer. It has to be put in /system/app with the correct permission.

Try clearing your Market Data/Cache in your Manage Applications > All

Or download the Memo.apk from an email sent to yourself or some website you can download from, save it to your external SD card, start the Terminal on the phone, "su" and "busybox cp /sdcard/Memo.apk /system/app"

:)

I'm a FreeBSD geek after all....

Market Enabler from the Market worked perfect, tricked into thinking I'm on some US carrier & voila!

Becool0130

Oct 16, 2010
Not sure about the app you're using, but you can adjust minfree with OCLF and the settings stick (at least it did for me way back when I used it).

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Hey thanks for the response! Well I think OCLF was in nero once upon a time but they took it out for more performance I believe. So, if I need it again that would be great but if I dont have to then that would be even better =)

I think the AutoKiller Memory app is a great one and I hope some people who have this app too can shed some light on why the settings are never applied on boot. Can anyone?

Thanks for the help again!! its much appreciated.

-Tim

guilhermedsx

Nov 19, 2010
I was reading about "Voodoo Sound", that should increase the audio/music quality. Does Bionix-V include Voodoo Sound in addition to the Voodoo lagfix?

Wade-0

Sep 11, 2007
Ashland, OR
Just ran into this while poking around the Desk Home app. Trying to change the wallpaper,if you choose "Wallpaper Gallery" it just comes up with a blank screen and a "Set wallpaper" button. Clicking the button causes a FC.

Yaz75

Jan 15, 2011
Mesa, Arizona
Just ran into this while poking around the Desk Home app. Trying to change the wallpaper,if you choose "Wallpaper Gallery" it just comes up with a blank screen and a "Set wallpaper" button. Clicking the button causes a FC.

I just tried to re-create your error and I could not. I could change the wallpaper in the Desk Home app, and the wallpaper gallery did show up for me.

inrelief

Jun 10, 2010
I'm having an issue where after I restore the user-apps from Titanium Backup, they're installed and accessible, however the market does't show them as being installed.

Anybody have any thoughts and/or suggestions?

snijjar

Oct 16, 2010
I'm having an issue where after I restore the user-apps from Titanium Backup, they're installed and accessible, however the market does't show them as being installed.

Anybody have any thoughts and/or suggestions?

Go to Settings
Applications
Click on the All Tab
Find the Market application
Click it and click clear data and and force stop
Go and run the Market application from your home screen and accept the agreement and you should now see all your apps.

inrelief

Jun 10, 2010
Not sure if an additional post saying thanks is appropriate but I figured conventions be damned!

Snijjar -- thanks for your concise, accurate, and working steps to fix.

Charlie Brown

May 20, 2008
Don't know if anyone posted this.

I can't down load anything from the browser. No images or any files of any kind.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this?

The ROM is great otherwise.
Thanks TW!
PS can someone post the transparent genie.apk. I can only find the regular one. Thanks.

henreeg

Aug 31, 2010
Miami
Go to Settings
Applications
Click on the All Tab
Find the Market application
Click it and click clear data and and force stop
Go and run the Market application from your home screen and accept the agreement and you should now see all your apps.

Had the same issue. Thanks snijjar [although it fixed itself after a few annoying days, but now I know.]

TJBunch1228

Feb 6, 2010
I searched and found the question being asked, but not answered, so I'd like to check again.

When I have my phone jacked into my car stereo, I am unable to use the phone as hands-free. For some reason the person can't hear me and I can't hear them through my speakers. But streaming music works just fine. I know this feature worked stock, but I can't get it to work on this. Anyone know a fix?
:confused:

greeneyes513

Aug 23, 2010
This ROM has only been out for 4-5 days.

And update will arrive when it arrives.

First of all som said he was fixing some things. Didn't know if anybody heard anything since then. Does it hurt to ask. Second, it kills me how people get lippy on the internet.

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
obsidian

In my and i'm pretty sure everyone's experience, there is an extremely strong correlation between a benchmark score and the overall feel of the ROM. I was simply using it at an example to try and identify the slow feel of the ROM. I'll keep it in mind for next time when i try to use your flawed logic to review a ROM.

He was rude to you but correct on this point. Benchmarks really don't mean anything when it comes to everyday use. I'm on Trigger right now and get horrible benchmarks, while others get much better scores. But this Rom is amazingly fast when I use it for everything which is what really matters.

SERIOUS note:

My device has since, gone very laggy, and i'm getting force close when i try switch camera to camcorder. ALSO force close when trying to save an freshly made excel file on thinkdroid.

Suggestions?

I saw that Jdan was saying something about Titanium and I can say myself that I've had bad experiences when restoring things. So now I do only the apps and am extremely selective about any system or app data that I restore.:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1.png
    Come Chat With Us In Our IRC Channel! We're Here To Help

Official Home of Team Whiskey
    Team Whiskey Forums
    Team Whiskey Website
    Join Team Whiskeys Facebook Group​

Join Team Whiskey!​
    Check out the qualifications and apply within

Introduction:
    Bionix-v 1.3.1 is fast and incredibly smooth. By far the fastest and most stable Bionix-v build. I really tweaked the hell out of this one. I spent a lot of time finding the sweet spot. There's not much else to say, just enjoy and please leave your feedback and bug reports. This will probably be the last major update to this build as we are moving on to other builds. However, we will still provide support and necessary updates if there are bugs reported. Cheers!

Coming Soon:
    We're in the process of making a lot of themes for Bionix-v and Frost. Coming soon! Annnndddd.....android 2.3 in the works.

Code:
    [B]Bionix-v 1.3.1:[/B]
    - Removed overstocked kernel - replaced with KB1 + voodoo (voodoo enabled by default)
    - Kept voodoo sound & bln apps should you decide to use a kernel compatible with these features - please see below for a full list/links of compatible kernels (if not, you can simply uninstall the apps)
    - Replaced KA5 modem with KB1
    - Exchanged drm bin files and apk
    - Exchanged RIL lib files (hopefully RIL will not reset anymore which was causing the single data drop)
    - Fixed the pattern lock key mapping issue
    - Adjusted notifications text color
    - Fixed hard to see check boxes while in browser
    - Added no-scroll power menu (no header or title, looks cleaner)
    - Added GPS files from i9000 gingerbread leak (files posted by Jellette)
    - Put genie weather widget back in per request by some (uninstall it if you dont want it)

[B]Bionix-v 1.3:[/B]
    - Updated apn list
    - Optimized apks and slimmed down rom
    - Fixed browser bookmarks
    - Added AM/PM toggle via settings>data and time (Thanks Jocelyn!)
    - Set deadline scheduler
    - 128 mb read ahead buffer
    - Enabled low latency mode
    - Decreased wake lag
    - Rotational set to '0' - tells kernel is not a spinning disk
    - Increased minfree memory
    - New kernel added (credits go to cmenard for this one! [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=967861"]Overstock kernel thread found here[/URL])
    - Voodoo enabled by default
    - Voodoo sound
    - Voodoo color
    - CIFS
    - BLN w/proper lib files
    - Memory increased to 343mb
    - FPS cap removed
    - Voodoo sounds apk added
    - Neldars BLN apk added for BLN control
    - Framework modifications
    - Rethemed lockscreens (thanks to obsessionXYZ for the use of some images)
    - New radio sliders, check boxes, radios, colors, etc.
    - Changed certain icons, menu, quick panel, power menu, etc
    - Themed GB keyboard
    - Themed Calendar
    - Themed Dialer
    - Updated rom manager
    - Updated Gmail
    - Updated Market
    - Updated Titanium Backup
    - New live wallpaper
    - New wallpaper
    - more I'm forgetting!

[B]Bionix-v 1.2.1:[/B]
    - KB1 kernel + voodoo included (thanks supercurio!)
    - Added additional lock screen (vista2k7 in the i9000 forums for ORIGINALLY doing this lockscreen mod and untermensh for the other lockscreens)
    - Enhanced VM scheduler
    - Enhanced Kernel scheduler
    - Reduced wake lag
    - Re-added black dialer
    - changed back to full wiping rom for stability tests and comparison
    - other minor visual changes
    - Rom very snappy

[B]Bionix-v 1.2:[/B]
    - KB1 system files
    - KA7 kernel w/voodoo enabled by default (KB1 ramdisks for voodoo need to be rebuilt before we can implement)
    - KA5 modem (optimal mix of both battery life and data though)
    - Init script adjusted - mixed settings/values from nero 3, nero 5, bionix-v for optimal UI speed and performance
    - Increased size of battery percentage readout
    - Crossed compiled code from KA5-KB1 for speed and stability
    - New custom bootanimation
    - FFC support (must have front facing camera and i9000 camera.apk to utilize. i9000 camera.apk can be found on our forums)
    - All pre-installed market apps updated
    - Added support for non-wiping option (downloaded apps will remain intact after flash)

[B]Bionix-v 1.1:[/B]
    - Build used for focused test group only
    - Tests to implement cross compiled code from different builds for optimal performance
    - Tests to implement and determine stability of a non-wiping rom  

[B]Bionix-v:[/B]
    - Complete KA7 build (official OTA 2.2) kernel, modem, system files, apps, etc.
    - Accurate battery mod
    - 4 lock screens to choose from - android stock, epic, fascinate, vibrant
    - Additional power menu options - reboot, reboot into recovery, reboot into download mode
    - Nexus S gingerbread themed (as close as it gets to the real deal)
    - Custom init scripts written by team whiskey for additional speed, stability, battery life, etc.
    - Custom boot animation
    - Voodoo enabled by default (if you are already using voodoo, you [U]DO NOT[/U] need to disable it before flashing)
    - Frameworks changes to polish the overall look for a better experience
    - New wallpaper
    - All user apps updated
    - Additional GPS modifications for a better GPS experience

Screenshots:
    screenshot 1
    screenshot 2
    screenshot 3
    screenshot 4
    screenshot 5
    screenshot 6
    screenshot 7
    screenshot 8
    screenshot 9

Download:
    Bionix-v 1.3.1
    Bionix-v 1.3.1 w/touchwiz launcher

Like the rom? Please hit the thanks button or consider donating

Please be sure to visit Team Whiskey Forums for TONS of additional download such as kernels, themes, roms, apps, etc.

Optional Kernels:
    NOTE:
    Team Whiskey is not liable and takes absolutely no responsibility for any damages. Overclocking your phone adds additional stress to your hardware, so please understand the risks involved before you decide to overclock. Not all devices overclock the same, so please test the different clock speeds and see which one works best for you. Many times, certain devices will not accept an overclock at all. If you fall into this category, you will have to flash back to a stock kernel.

(all of these kernels have been compiled from official Vibrant 2.2 source code. They are include voodoo sound, voodoo color, and bln support. Bionix-v 1.3.1 already included the necessary apps for these features. Test these optional kernels and see which one works best for you!)
    OverStock v1.3 by cmenard
    DoW14 v1.1.1 by Morfic
    Dragon v5.0 TEST1 by Ttabbal
    Categorically Worthless by s0niqu3

Optional Modems:
    (a modem that works for others may not work great for you, so test them all out and find out which one works best for you)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=868774

Addons:
    Samsung Apps
    - ThinkDroid
    - Feeds and Updates
    - Days
    - Program monitor
    - WiFi-Calling
    AOSP Mms

Bionix-v Reviews:
    Video review by mobile tech videos (check out mobiletechvideos.com for other great rom reviews)
    Video review by alexnguyen018

Credits:
    - My whole team of course
    - Morfic
    - Ttabbal
    - Krylon360
    - cmenard
    - Supercurio for his amazing work with voodoo
    - Jocelyn
    - Untermensch
    Just to confirm - if flashing from Nero v4/5 with Voodoo already enabled, I do NOT need to disable Voodoo to flash this, correct?

Thanks again for the awesome ROMs!

Correct, you do not need to disable it.
    Enjoy everyone! And yes, this is a still a 2.2 based rom. Until we have a fully stable 2.2.1 and 2.3, this is the next best thing. I dont know about you, but I personally like my phone running fast and stable instead of just having the latest and greatest fancy number on my phone. ;)
    Oh well back to axura

You allowed a grand total of 10 minutes between your 2 posts and are quitting it? Every single ROM TW puts out, they expressly say to LET IT SIT FOR 10 MINUTES and allow things to settle in, THEN REBOOT. You flashed, immediately tried to throw an OC kernal on it, gave up to flash Axura and posted twice in the span of 10 minutes.

Sweet Jesus, does anybody read or have 5 f'ing seconds of PATIENCE?
    Thanks guys. And as a side note, I am currently working on another bionix update and helping krylon with frost. We'll have some fun things out shortly.