Installing Windows 8 on my Windows 7 computer

Search This thread

banderz777

Jan 14, 2012
Muskegon,MI
I tried the Dev. preview and I uninstalled it after one day, I think I am going to wait for a RC to be released. just my thought. :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the answer for everyone else is yes and yes and for the most part drivers from windows 7 also work.
    EDIT: apps will be lost but settings and files will be kept.

Some stuff you need to right click and choose compatiblity mode.

FYI the windows phone emulator does some freaky **** to win8 so don't try running it, you've been warned.
    I tried out Windows 8 about a month ago and felt that it was a decent experience. Unfortunately for me though it wouldnt find the driver for my wireless card (WRT54GS) so I ended up uninstalling it.

Maybe its me but I don't see the big deal about it. I didnt really use the metro UI and the new changes to explorer didnt make or break the experience, it was just meh.
    how to disable the metro style???
    Use Blue poison
    Blue Poison
    Well, i have been using Dev preview from the day it has been released.
    Observed a couple of random restarts while poking around rasdial in cmd for my PPPoE dialer automation (my mistake :eek:)

You can use the OS for daily (light) use wouldn't recommend for gaming or other highly crucial tasks.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree. Did exactly the same;
    You guys made me excited. i am surely gonna try it out. Just install it on another HD. That way you can choose which OS you want to run. right?

If installing to two separate HDD's you can boot the different OS's by selecting your HDD boot priority in the BIOS. You could also partition one HDD and you would then be prompted with a dual boot screen asking you to choose the OS to boot.