Search This thread

A.VOID

Aug 10, 2010
Been experiencing solid battery until around 30% then it's crazy fast battery drain. Been that way for a couple weeks. Thoughts?

Dorilife

Jan 25, 2011
Fajardo,PR
So sorry for the useless post but daaaum is it nice to have AOKP love on this S3..

Just wanted to say thanks for the work put into this.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

merog

May 20, 2012
Alright guys. I'll stop working on the n10 and focus on this device now. Works been crazy so I haven't had much time for either device. Trying to get all the hours in I can while i stull get them. ;)

Sweet! Very happy to hear that. Thanks bro :D
We are all patiently waiting for your first 4.2.1 release :)

goob1284

Nov 24, 2010
Hey task, I have been running this ROM for a while now. Lately I've been experiencing some issues.

First off, I know you are working on it, but the black screen issue. Whenever I use music its there, but not with any other background intensive app such as maps or navigation. What fixes it, is unlocking, relocking, menu button. I'm sure I saw that a few posts back.

Secondly, my UI occasionally closes or something happens to my notification bar and my wallpaper is set to black.

Thirdly, I was using my phone as a GPS and it seemed to take a very long time to grab my location. Once my location was set, it seemed to lag a lot. It would update almost every 45 seconds. I never received this before on any of your previous builds and it happened twice today.

Lastly, as keep this ROM installed, the battery life seems to fluctuate for the worse. If I'm lucky I am able to get 2 hours of screen on time. For example, I lost 4% just typing this up.

I do a FULL wipe on every build and reinstall all apps from the market, and use TiBu to update the data to only my games. I did install the Ktoonz kernel, and have a CM10 theme applied which has always worked and never caused any problems before.

Thanks for all your hard work, it is greatly appreciated.

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Hey task, I have been running this ROM for a while now. Lately I've been experiencing some issues.

First off, I know you are working on it, but the black screen issue. Whenever I use music its there, but not with any other background intensive app such as maps or navigation. What fixes it, is unlocking, relocking, menu button. I'm sure I saw that a few posts back.

Secondly, my UI occasionally closes or something happens to my notification bar and my wallpaper is set to black.

Thirdly, I was using my phone as a GPS and it seemed to take a very long time to grab my location. Once my location was set, it seemed to lag a lot. It would update almost every 45 seconds. I never received this before on any of your previous builds and it happened twice today.

Lastly, as keep this ROM installed, the battery life seems to fluctuate for the worse. If I'm lucky I am able to get 2 hours of screen on time. For example, I lost 4% just typing this up.

I do a FULL wipe on every build and reinstall all apps from the market, and use TiBu to update the data to only my games. I did install the Ktoonz kernel, and have a CM10 theme applied which has always worked and never caused any problems before.

there's no information in this post that would help me to trobleshoot any issues you are mentioning. there's not much i can do with this. sorry.

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9

Most of those issues are attributed to the kernel... For the GPS, get FasterFix, and GPS Test... set FasterFix to North American servers... The battery loss... I have no clue what settings you have configured, what you're doing with the phone, etc...

nate_sheedy

Oct 9, 2011
Portland
Just switched from CM10, to this sweet f-ing ROM and I am impressed. Its wonderful. How do you guys do it?:D

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

drock212

Aug 26, 2009
ORLANDO

By full wipe does that include formating of system? Cause I was having similar issues (except gps) until I did a the formating.

arabcamel

Oct 19, 2010

I don't know if you are describing the same issue I had, but maybe. Weeks ago, I had tried a different ROM (sprint based), only because I was bored and wanted to flash something just for the hell of it. From other threads that I have read, apparently that is what had ruined my GPS. When I flashed AOKP after the sprint based rom for AT&T, my GPS stopped working - even after I flashed a different ROM which proved to not be the fault of AOKP. I read through some other threads and the only way people resolved this was to Odin back to stock and then I reflashed AOKP and everything is perfect!

XblackdemonX

May 27, 2008
Montreal

I have the same issue with the black screen and the GPS and I haven't been able to fix them

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
I have the same issue with the black screen and the GPS and I haven't been able to fix them

GPS is fixable... black screen is not... unless you feel like revamping the kernel...

Just a few posts ago, I posted the GPS solution... FasterFix, and GPS Test.... use FasterFix to set the North American server and clear and update AGPS.... GPS Test is to jumpstart the GPS... Have fun navigating...

Reactions: XblackdemonX

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
Have you tried the cpu settings mentioned many times in this thread for the black screen issue?

Could you elaborate? I was banned for a while and didn't follow the thread...

---------- Post added 2nd December 2012 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 1st December 2012 at 11:47 PM ----------

Not retracting this statement... Why not state fact... but the next person PMs me with BS about this will get DoS... and I don't mean DOS 6.22....

gunz.jones

Nov 6, 2010
Athens, TX

Some people are getting better results with different governor, min/max and such, but most are still getting black screen issues. KT has stated that he cannot track down the cause and that it may be something in AOSP coding that is causing this.

Reactions: AtoZ0to9

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
Some people are getting better results with different governor, min/max and such, but most are still getting black screen issues. KT has stated that he cannot track down the cause and that it may be something in AOSP coding that is causing this.

I seem to do well with sio/pegasus but also cfq/ktoonservative works well...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to bring you guys some AOKP releases with other mods and code changes for ALL VARIANTS of the SGS III.​
    HZ19dJT.png

A Big Thanks Goes to the AOKP Team & CyanogenMod Team. Without their source this wouldn't be possible. Go thank them, tweet them, and donate to them. Also a HUGE thanks to mrgoat for the hosting!!!​
    If you decide that you are not going to read all of the information provided in this OP or the FAQ, then GTFO. There is a lot of useful information in either of the two that will really help you and this thread out.​

» Read and use the FAQ/Q & A thread for non-development/ROM related stuffs!!! HERE!!!

81.png

» Installation is simple:
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data (Factory reset) in recovery. Always do this before reporting any bugs.
    • Make sure you're using the latest CWM or TWRP
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps (GAPPS) from HERE
    • Reboot
    78.png

» Check Changelogs on G+
    » Also Check merged commits on AOKP's Gerrit

80.png

» Downloads, mirrors, and MD5s can be found HERE

82.png

» AOKP Gerrit
    » AOKP on Github
    » Task650 Source

79.png

We greatly appreciate your contribution in the form of code, or PayPal donations.
    » Donations to task650
    » Donations to AOKP AOKP.co

Enjoy!
    Animation Manager explained
    1. Zip files that contain the animations are in /system/addon.d/keyboard-anim and /system/addon.d/window-anim
    2. If you feel like you want to add more, simply open one up to see the folder structure and the files it contains.
    3. To add another animation that you like, simply create a new zip file with the same files and folders and place in the appropriate folder. The files must be compiled xml files and not the human readable version.
    4. Enjoy guys
    and this for underwear
    I am hosting all of Task's files for you guys to download and I just wanted to update you all on some bandwidth numbers for this month. This is across all the platforms task's develops for but here are this months's bandwidth numbers. Task you rock. :cowboy:

Total Bandwidth Provided: unlimited GB
    Total Used So Far: 4195.657 GB
    Estimated Usage For Cycle: 4335.512 GB