No APNs

Search This thread

MugenReborn54

Apr 23, 2014
Just rooted and sim unlocked my lg g2 ls980

but when i get to this step:

"Replace /etc/apns-conf.xml with this file and delete /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db to make APNs stick automatically.

once i get to that step and delete telephony.db and restart the phone, telephony.db is still there! and i cant add apns!!

help plz

Last edited:

MugenReborn54

Apr 23, 2014
Just use a custom rom. That will allow you to Change APNs easily. As you have a branded phone Its probably blocked by the stock rom.

Sent from my beloved HTC One S using (most time buggy) Tapatalk :)

Greatly appreciate your fast response lsd (even tho it sounds like ill have to do this whole process all over again). Do you have any links to recommend? i have a lg g2 sprint ls980. A link to any custom roms you recommend would be great. thanks a bunch

MugenReborn54

Apr 23, 2014
I'm using PAC 4.4.2 you have to try if it runs stable on your G2

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542006

hmmmmm if its unstable i dont want to risk it. Any other sugesstion? I'm looking for a safe custom rom. something i wont have to worry to much about. Preferrably a page with step by step instructions on how to install the rom. I'm a noob lol

Last edited:

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Before you flash another rom make sure to READ as much as possible about what your going to do. You can use a deodexed debloated rooted stock rom. Just check the forum for your phone...

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/verizon-g2/development

Reactions: MugenReborn54

MugenReborn54

Apr 23, 2014
Before you flash another rom make sure to READ as much as possible about what your going to do. You can use a deodexed debloated rooted stock rom. Just check the forum for your phone...

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

yea i have no clue what a "deodexed debloated rooted stock rom" is. But yes im not looking for a really cool looking custom rom just a basic one in which i can unlock so that i can use my t-mobile sim.

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
also whats the difference between zv7, zva, and zv8

READ! Really, just look into a thread instead of asking... Even use google really helps...

On the first page of the link are three roms "stock rooted debloated". Just check out what fits your needs.

I'd also suggest to post your questions here.

Your phone has a own forum. ALL informations you need and a lot of people using the same phone can be found there...

good luck ;)

MugenReborn54

Apr 23, 2014
READ! Really, just look into a thread instead of asking... Even use google really helps...

On the first page of the link are three roms "stock rooted debloated". Just check out what fits your needs.

I'd also suggest to post your questions here.

Your phone has a own forum. ALL informations you need and a lot of people using the same phone can be found there...

good luck ;)

thx. for all your help. its not verisn g2 btw its sprint.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just use a custom rom. That will allow you to Change APNs easily. As you have a branded phone Its probably blocked by the stock rom.

On the first page you will find such a rom...