[Q] No USB connection in CM 11

Search This thread

polymath257

Oct 11, 2012
Sycamore, IL
I have an SCH-i535 running CM-11, M3-SNAPSHOT. My desktop is running Linux Mint 16 in one partition and Win 7 in another.

I cannot get the phone to show up when plugged into a USB hub. It isn't simply that MTP is not working, but that the USB connection doesn't even show up in dmesg. I have android debugging turned on and have tried to connect via adb in recovery also. In no situation have I been able to establish any sort of USB connection since changing to M3. Setting/toggling MTP under settings>>storage>>menu>>USB computer connection also fails.

I have also tried to connect from my Win 7 partition and nothing shows up at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than going back to 10.2?

yoda2nd

Mar 5, 2011
I have an SCH-i535 running CM-11, M3-SNAPSHOT. My desktop is running Linux Mint 16 in one partition and Win 7 in another.

I cannot get the phone to show up when plugged into a USB hub. It isn't simply that MTP is not working, but that the USB connection doesn't even show up in dmesg. I have android debugging turned on and have tried to connect via adb in recovery also. In no situation have I been able to establish any sort of USB connection since changing to M3. Setting/toggling MTP under settings>>storage>>menu>>USB computer connection also fails.

I have also tried to connect from my Win 7 partition and nothing shows up at all.

Does anyone have any suggestions other than going back to 10.2?

I was having a similar issue, I followed the instructions in this post and it fixed the issue:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47140274&postcount=11732