HTC Developer Edition order status

Search This thread

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
1.12/.15 is dev/carrier models
1.54 is uk model.

People just flashed the firmware zip or a custom rom

Extreme power saving is ridiculous. Battery life is good without it though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SolarTrans

Feb 7, 2014
Portland, OR
1.54 is uk model.

I hypothesized this before, so I guess now it's true :p
My post is probably quite a few pages back though (or in another thread XD).

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

mahesh_9j

Jul 18, 2010
Lucknow
plus.google.com
1.54 is uk model.

Hi,

This is what I got w/o extreme power saving mode.

See the pic

Thanks,

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-18-03-05-20.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-18-03-05-20.png
    128.2 KB · Views: 97

craig0r

Sep 24, 2008
Toronto
1.54 is uk model.

That isn't quite right. The second segment of the software version indicates a development iteration. All the M8s shipped at launch came with software version 1.12.xxx.x

It's the third segment that indicates the model. 1.xx.1540.x is the developer edition, 1.xx.631.x is Rogers, 1.xx.401.x is World Wide English edition, etc

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium HD app

ringrover

Dec 19, 2010
Dubai
Developer edition only fully supports AT&T in the USA, is fully unlocked, and ships with an unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So if i used the DE out US i will not be able to have the unlock boot ... ??? i have it now and when i check i found boot is locked ... ! and im in uk now

SolarTrans

Feb 7, 2014
Portland, OR
So if i used the DE out US i will not be able to have the unlock boot ... ??? i have it now and when i check i found boot is locked ... ! and im in uk now

No. The bootloader is unlocked and the phone is SIM unlocked worldwide.
I'm only saying that the only carrier fully supported by it's LTE bands IN THE USA is AT&T. I don't know what frequencies your carrier in the UK has.

Reactions: ringrover

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
No. The bootloader is unlocked and the phone is SIM unlocked worldwide.
I'm only saying that the only carrier fully supported by it's LTE bands IN THE USA is AT&T. I don't know what frequencies your carrier in the UK has.

Lock bootloader and unlocked bootloader have dev edition software lol both are dev edition

SolarTrans

Feb 7, 2014
Portland, OR
I'm new to these forums, and this question is actually in regards to a post in the developer forums concerning flashing the T-Mobile radios onto a developer edition, but I apparently need 10 posts elsewhere before I'm allowed to post there :(

I'm going to be receiving my developer edition on Tuesday, and I am a bit concerned about the radio frequencies since I'm on Metro PCS which uses T-Mobile's towers. I'm mostly wondering if anyone who might have the developer edition is actually experiencing any issues on T-Mobile, and also whether anyone who has gone ahead and flashed the T-Mobile radios onto their developer edition has experienced better data speeds/coverage and what not.

The Developer edition will be fully compatible with LTE, but if you're not in one if the areas where they've converted the EDGE frequencies to HSPA+, you won't get 3G (you'll only get LTE or EDGE).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: ringrover

KoopanLuke

Nov 11, 2013
Source?

That isn't quite right. The second segment of the software version indicates a development iteration. All the M8s shipped at launch came with software version 1.12.xxx.x

It's the third segment that indicates the model. 1.xx.1540.x is the developer edition, 1.xx.631.x is Rogers, 1.xx.401.x is World Wide English edition, etc

Can you please post the source of this version info? It is EXACTLY what I was looking for, but am wondering if their is an HTC site where this info is posted...

Thanks much!!

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
Can you please post the source of this version info? It is EXACTLY what I was looking for, but am wondering if their is an HTC site where this info is posted...

Thanks much!!

Your cid shud be BS_US001(LOCKED BOOTLOADER )or BS_US002 (UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER) these are the two dev editions which means they have brightstar cid and run the same software 1.12.1540.17. I have a BS_US001 cid so I know

Reactions: dragonesdenano

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks Charlie.
    After calling them and getting your order back online for shipping.
    Could you also ask these guys that," people who will be placing the order today will be able to get the unlock or dev phone by next week, Do they have that much stock to deliver it on time. "
    I am not in US and can't do that .It will be very helpful. :)

Orders placed today are a 1-2 weeks. Who ever ordered yesterday when they first came back in stock will be shipped this week.

Waiting for their "order verification team" (4 callers ahead of me now), then I should be able to get dates on the unlocked version. If it's really 1-2 weeks, I may as well hold out for the developer edition order I have with Amazon *shrugs*

Gunmetal Unlocked versions are shipping today. I asked if I switch my order would one ship for me I was told that would put me at the bottom of the list. Was told my Gold dev will ship tomorrow.

To be fair, the recording says "the expected wait time is greater than 15 seconds". I do like the number of callers message, though. I only wish it would update while you were on hold.

I know just me being impatient lol.

Mine is all set. Unlocked gunmetal gray, should receive it tomorrow or Friday. She confirmed its in stock.

Yes sir that is what I was told as well.

Anyone call in and verify when the developer gunmetal gray's are shipping? Monday I was told it would ship tomorrow but I'm wondering if that date may have changed...

Developer editions start shipping tomorrow. Shipping labels should be up today and tracking #s will be given today/tonight....

:good::highfive::highfive::highfive:
    I ordered mine from HTC on the 2nd of April for 649.00, Gold Developers Edition, and it arrived on the 3rd of April. Sweet. :)

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

+1 Totally agree. Classic look and unique colour.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Hi,

Here is the unboxing video of M8 Developer Edition (Gold)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16DnKwXuVdM

Thanks,
    Mahesh
    1.54 is uk model.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium HD app
    Just got off the phone with Let's Talk. The price starting midnight will be $699
    My Gun Metal Dev. Edition order says :

Picking & Packing
    We are currently picking your product(s).

Estimated Shipping Date: Thursday, April 03, 2014
    Estimated Delivery Date: Friday, April 04, 2014

Thanks,
    Mahesh
    Wow..Now UPS says :

Scheduled Delivery:
    Friday, 04/04/2014, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)