HTC Camera Burst Mode Hack

Search This thread

adexxx

Oct 26, 2006
I found a hack, to change number of photos taken in burst mode.
Create new key in registry:

HKLM\Software\HTC\Camera\Image

New DWORD Key:
DefBurstMaxCount

And set value to:

(60 - in DEC)

Might be other value than 60 (Program default is 30). I even tried with 512 and it worked well.

Cheers!

Last edited:

ngeg04t

Dec 16, 2007
HTC Burst mode

I would love to be able to get my Topaz to make time lapse photos, but none of the java apps seem to work for me. The Burst mode is almost exactly what I need, but I can't get the DefBurstMaxCount to go above 32, it just crashes after that.

Does anyone know the secret for taking a very large number of Burst photos?
Thanks
Ben

dragmark

May 29, 2010

New DWORD Key:
DefBurstMaxCount

And set value to:

(60 - in DEC)

Might be other value than 60 (Program default is 30). I even tried with 512 and it worked well.

Cheers!

NOT working on my HD2 :(
How do you enable this mode? In camera settings?

Last edited:

magdan83

Jan 17, 2011
Badacsonytomaj

New DWORD Key:
DefBurstMaxCount

And set value to:

(60 - in DEC)

Cheers!
Hi,

I have changed the registry settings, so i have the options for burst, sports mode etc, but none of them works.

Could someone help?

Burst mode sais accesss to file denied, sports mode simply doesn't take pics.

Interesting in the top right corner it shows thousands of more photos can be stored on the card.
Is this in connection with resolution.
Does the burst mode take 5mp pics?

Thanks a LOT.

Sp1tfire

Apr 15, 2009
Bucharest
I think it's related to resolution. I use HD Tweak on my HTC Touch HD and this application enbales the hidden camera modes: burst and sports. The default setting for this modes is 1 mp and highest is 3 mp. I can't take pictures with a higher resolution on these modes :)

wapvirus

Jan 24, 2008
London
These keys all work on my diamond

To Enable 'Burst': HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P6 -> change the value "enabled" from 0 to 1

To Enable 'Sport': HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P8 -> change the value "enabled" from 0 to 1

To Enable 'Video Share': HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P9 -> change the value "enabled" from 0 to 1

To Enable GPS : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\Camera\P10 -> change the value "enabled" from 0 to 1