[XAP] Apps for HD2 WP7

Search This thread

ceo4eva

Sep 30, 2008
Ellicott City
OnePlus 11
Hi

Add this registry entries to show HTC Apps in the Marketplace (this will Not Fix live error!)
Your Phone will be identified as an HD7!
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\operatorpkg]
"Version"="7.1.401.10291"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo]
 "OemName"="HTC" 
 "MODeviceName"="HD7 T9292" 
 "OEMDeviceName"="Schubert" 
 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Ident] 
 "FriendlyName"="HTC HD7"

Thanks to DFT and all the people who made this possible.

Im lost on this part, where do I add these figures, i opened my Registry editor, i dont know if I should be adding or if they are already there just needing editing?

pack21

Dec 14, 2009
Additionally:

This was posted on 1/12/2011

"As everyone is settling into the new year, we’d like to provide an update on our scheduled face-to-face meeting with Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7 team next week in Redmond.

We’ll be sharing our perspective on the homebrew potentials of Windows Phone 7 and some of the wider community feedback around the platform.

In addition to our homebrew focus, we will also be pushing for stronger protection of WP7 developer intellectual property (IP) on the platform as we believe both can co-exist on the platform.

If you have any other feedback, suggestions or even questions you feel we should bring up in our meeting, please feel free to leave a comment below.

On a similar note, we’re aware the ChevronWP7 unlocking tool is still being utilized since it has been discontinued.

Although this has been subtly communicated before, we’d like to reiterate Microsoft has informed us the “coding error” used in the ChevronWP7 unlocker will no longer work after the next Windows Phone 7 update (officially announced at CES 2011).

Lol......MS is fuc*** clown company, they think to have the best phone SO, loool , now i have an Android Device, and my new toy will be a android 3 device.

MS should take this gods opportunity, of HD2 owners as their ambassadors for free, but not.......stupid as it is, is more concerned about them closing the doors to HD2 ownres.

For these and other reasons, that in my city do not know of anyone who has a WP7s device.

Thus, if in a few more days can not install apps like twitter, etc. ..... loool

Swap my tweetdeck Android app, with a brick WP7s without twitter, that not a heck of a copy \ past knew implement.....loooool

fuc * y MS, 3 keys apologies, my ass.:mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: raven_raven
Oct 14, 2010
Ogden
confused

okay, so I have got the auth key from microsoft. I have unlocked, I am set up on zune as not a guest... but when I try to install an xad it says that I am not connected. I have my screen on, zune up, and am unlocked.. what do i do?

onslaught86

Guys - this thread right here has a tool to download free .xap packages from the marketplace: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=894502

Have now obtained Twitter et al.

EDIT: Because I feel like giving back today, and because the application spammed my desktop with .xaps, here's a bunch of non-crap top free apps.

Adobe Reader
Kindle
Facebook
iheartradio
IMDB
Last.fm
Netflix
Shazam
TWITTER
YouTube plugin

Note that the YouTube plugin is not the same as the HTC YouTube app - the plugin's icon in the app menu launches the browser to m.youtube.com, but it allows the playing of embedded YouTube video, which the HTC app does not.

Last edited:

pkchips

Nov 17, 2008
Yes, yes I did. Post now updated with links to a bunch of them. Have you installed other .xaps? If so, have you applied the reg tweak that lets you sideload as many as you want? Will error if you try to install more than ten otherwise.

Hmmm yes I have tried others. I tried the ones at the start of this thread and they worked, but any of the XAPs I download with the program you linked to (so far) have not worked.

Do all of your downloaded XAPs work? I will try the ones you have uploaded now.

pkchips

Nov 17, 2008
Hmmm yes I have tried others. I tried the ones at the start of this thread and they worked, but any of the XAPs I download with the program you linked to (so far) have not worked.

Do all of your downloaded XAPs work? I will try the ones you have uploaded now.

The facebook xap you linked to worked...

did you do any modifications to the XAP files you downloaded?

pkchips

Nov 17, 2008
Guys - this thread right here has a tool to download free .xap packages from the marketplace: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=894502

EDIT: Because I feel like giving back today, and because the application spammed my desktop with .xaps, here's a bunch of non-crap top free apps.

Adobe Reader
Kindle
Facebook
iheartradio
IMDB
Last.fm
Netflix
Shazam
TWITTER
YouTube plugin

Note that the YouTube plugin is not the same as the HTC YouTube app - the plugin's icon in the app menu launches the browser to m.youtube.com, but it allows the playing of embedded YouTube video, which the HTC app does not.

I'd really like to know how you made those XAPs work (they work for me too)

When I download XAPs from the program you linked to and try to run them, it gives me the error message about how i need to unlock the phone or have zune running. But when I use your XAPs it works!

Reactions: ramsed000

onslaught86

Odd, didn't do a thing to them. Just downloaded the linked app-grabber, placed all the files on the desktop, and ran it - it spammed my desktop with loads of horrible fart apps until I killed it in task manager, so I deleted the ones I didn't want, tried the few I did, and uploaded the most useful-looking ones.

pkchips

Nov 17, 2008
Odd, didn't do a thing to them. Just downloaded the linked app-grabber, placed all the files on the desktop, and ran it - it spammed my desktop with loads of horrible fart apps until I killed it in task manager, so I deleted the ones I didn't want, tried the few I did, and uploaded the most useful-looking ones.

....maaaan why is it not working for me???? is there anyone else with my problem?

Hey I know, did you have an activation code for your HD2?

aled99

Sep 22, 2010
MktPlace

lol - you should feel lucky :p

I'm guessing it must just be something to do with my computer then. Which operating system are you using?

and did you do any registry changes on your computer?

I was also having trouble using that app.
Have you tried using 3 WP7 MktPlace by vbguy2011?
It works fine for me!
Link for the latest version in this youtube video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj7Jz5R3XcU

Just changed ticked setting "auto patch"... and it works!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

HTC Apps For HTC HD2 WP7
    to install XAP you need:
    -Windows Phone 7 SDK
    -Chevron Unlocker.(Search in the thread)
    and Tom XAP Installer
    Your HD2 is exactly like a WP7 Htc device....
    you can apply registry tweak and use all apps and games.
    [XAP]ProvXml Deployer for WP7 HTC Devices.(update)

HTC HUB
    HTC Connection Setup
    Flashlite
    Sound Enhancer
    Photo Enhancer
    TouchXplorer
    Attentive Phone
    Stocks
    Youtube
    Samsung Now Hub 1.13
    LG Voice To Text
    ScanSearch

Link All HTC apps except Hub

other apps from ceesheim.
    AdvancedConfig 1.0.0.0 beta
    BatteryTool
    chaosHUD
    ChevronWP7.Ringtones
    CustomTheme
    FileSystemBrowser
    RegisterEdit
    RegistryViewer
    StopWatch
    TAmaps
    TouchXplorer
    wp7-googlemaps

Link

Add this registry entries to show HTC Apps in the Marketplace (this will Not Fix live error!)
    Your Phone will be identified as an HD7!
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\operatorpkg]
    "Version"="7.3.728.10201"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo]
     "OemName"="HTC" 
     "MODeviceName"="HD7 T9292" 
     "OEMDeviceName"="Schubert" 
     [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Ident] 
     "FriendlyName"="HTC HD7"

Thanks to DFT and all the people who made this possible.

Adobe Reader
    Kindle
    Facebook
    iheartradio
    IMDB
    Last.fm
    Netflix
    Shazam
    TWITTER
    YouTube plugin

Here you are, gents:

Foursquare
    WeatherBug

And Seesmic for good measure, because I found it less laggy than the official Twitter app.

Interesting to look at the download stats for the previously uploaded .xaps - especially vs. the number of times the thanks button was clicked, heh! ;)

Strangely enough, Adobe Reader has the most downloads, with 406 to date. Guess people love them some .PDFs.
    Here are a view .xap's I have:

AdvancedConfig 1.0.0.0 beta
    BatteryTool
    chaosHUD
    ChevronWP7.Ringtones
    CustomTheme
    FileSystemBrowser
    RegisterEdit
    RegistryViewer
    StopWatch
    TAmaps
    TouchXplorer
    wp7-googlemaps
    Hey guys, since people seem to have had more success using my .xaps than others for...whatever reason, I'm more than happy to post more - just let me know what you're after. Don't need 'em myself, since I activated my handset. :)