[ROM] Glassmacka - Ice Cream Sandwich. -"I'm too old for this ****." (11/04 12)

Search This thread

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
That zip doesn't help anything at all on Elelinux, because it's allready included or something, but it helps A LOT on this rom. :D Don't know about the colors though

Hi Habarug thanks for the tip, I think the only way left here is I'll find it out myself by flash Glassmacka again. :)

BTW, is there any flashable zipped file manager for Hero since I noticed the ROM doesn't include any, which is annoying since currently I'm currently in a place without wi-fi support which means I have to download a file explorer apk file by using cellphone data (which is twice annoying since I have to set the APNs manually.) :(

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
Finally, we've gotten Ice Cream Sandwich for our heroes. No other explanation needed.

It isn't ready for daily use yet, but hopefully we'll work it out together.

Working:
WiFi.
Blutooth.
Calling.
Data

Not Working:
Camera
Doesn't work without SIM.

Priority:
Camera.
Speed.
Small bugs.

Download:
Beta 1.3: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13064707/Android/Glassmacka-Beta1.3.zip

Mods:
Lightness (removes some stuff and replaces the launcher with ADW for better speads): http://www.mediafire.com/?p5wi8p7ieg8v5e8

Changelog:
Beta 1.3: Should fix Bluetooth.
Beta 1.2: Audio jack is working.
Beta 1.1: DPI is now standard.
Beta 1: Audio and trackball navigation is working.
Alpha 5: Market is working. Random FCs in settings are fixed. It feels snappier (might be placebo :p).
Alpha 4: Sound is fixed thanks to the HeroC devs. I also added market and a FileManager. Calls are now fully working, you can hear the person at the other end and they can hear you. Ringtones doesn't seem to work though. I suspect a codec issue, but I will have to look into it tomorrow. From this we actually have a working telephone.
Alpha 3: Calling should be fixed now.
Alpha 2: Fixed touchscreen (mostly).
Alpha 1: Initial release.

Update: I changed DPI value from 140 back to Hero's default 160 for better viewing experiences, which led to stock ICS keyboard UI malfunction. Since I use 3rd party input method as replacement it wouldnt be a problem.

After several times testing for previous versions of Glassmacka, once again my naughty fingers hit the trackball for flashing Beta 1.3 which I've tested. But this time with the help of harut56's OpenGL 2.0 activation zip file over at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1526920 which I was fail to use. This time around I am managed to flash the signed version of the zip pack and not only Glassmacka Beta 1.3 runs significantly faster, the 16 bit color depth issue I faced has gone for good!

25554z8.png
b3peg0.png

As the default Holo launcher of ICS has brought many tweak ups and new functions, let along there are enhanced 3rd party launchers based on Holo such as Nova launcher 1.0.2 and Apex launcher 1.0.5, still I decided to stick to the Mod version of Sony Xperia S Home Launcher for non-XPERIA phones rev.7 QVGA/HVGA version done by ra3al over at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1557091 since I do have a thing with its embedd weather widget. I have to admitt that staring at those eye candy animated weather widget is one of my guilty pleasures.
34rsrqq.png
n2bypw.png

10e4va9.png

I am not quite familiar with things about coding, modding or hardware associated stuff. But I do know how to over clock to get a better performance. Good for me! :) Baseband, Kernel and OC info are listed below.
15avpv.png
25fngi0.png

Aside of the already well known unsolved "Camera not working" thing, I have notice a few glitches on Beta 1.3, some are just minor things while some I personally believe are worth mentioning and to be solved with high priority.

Mount/Unmount SD card:
Is it only me or anyone else ever noticed that we have no mounting and unmounting SD card option in "setting" on Glassmacka Beta 1.3? This bothers me quite a bit since my old Hero's mini USB slot somehow doesn't work properly any more with only battery charging function and data transfering not working, which leads to a serious issue that everytime I have to switch off the phone, then transfer data with SD card adapter. While running Gingerbread ROMs such as Elelinux, CM7 and Hintay's Sense 3.5 ROM, I was able to mount/unmount SD card in setting option without problem. With Glassmacka Beta 1.3 I only see a "Erase SD card" button with mounting options missing.
9rkf7o.png

Auto Brightness Adjustment
Dear stritfajt, I can't find auto brightness adjusting checkbox in setting. Correct me if I get it wrong: Is it because of the lacks of hardware acceleration which resulted in the inactivity of brightness sensor? Could be fixed?
2hgsqgz.png

The power control panel is unchangable on Beta 1.3 without data switch shortcut. Google stated that it will introduce a better power control widget to 4.0.3 and 4.0.4, since stritfajt said he will get back to new version of Glassmacka based on 4.0.3 or 4.0.4, I would that is a awesome news. But until now I have to use 3rd party widget for data switch configuration.
34qtn5e.png

Other issues that are worthing mentioning include screen shot failure; Hey stritfajt is this also hardware acceleration related?
2u5qdys.png

Trackball navigation works well but for some reason trackball click is partially working. And it would be awesome if future release of Glassmacka can embed a file manager and DSP manager.

Well thanks again to everyone involved for making Glassmacka.

Last edited:

jablo3

Dec 31, 2009
Wroclaw (Warsaw)
I Have 3 Questions.
1. Can i install Beats Audio?
2. Do you have the red strips on the sides?
3. I can't install facebook from market. "Your device is not compatible with this version" Where i can download the newest version. And can i sync contacts with facebook.?

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
I Have 3 Questions.
1. Can i install Beats Audio?
2. Do you have the red strips on the sides?
3. I can't install facebook from market. "Your device is not compatible with this version" Where i can download the newest version. And can i sync contacts with facebook.?

1. those beats audio flash packages floating round the forum are for 2.3 ROMs.

2. yes the red strip thing occurs especially while browsing music library with default music app. but rarely happens on other apps after flashing hardware acceleration Zip pack.

3. i believe you can install Facebook apk manually via SD card.

Sent from my Full Android on Hero using xda premium

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
But how to take it? Can you give me a link for it.?

there are tons of android app sites out there, try google it. Or you can download any free app apk file from play.google.com via chrome browser with a plug in. Simply google "apk downloader".

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
update 2:
with 29 3rd party apps installed and 23 MB left for internal storage the device boot time is around 73 seconds.

update 3:
battery consumption is faster than 2.3 ROMs but acceptable, especially when it comes to that i have 3 1750mAh batteries standing by for my old Hero.

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
paulreminder, how did you change DPI value from 140 to 160??

There're 2 apps can modify DPI: LCD Density Modder and LCD Density Changer.

Other than that you can simply edit your system configration file "build.prop" located in /system archive with file manager like Root Explorer, modify the following lines:

ro.sf.lcd_density=140
qemu.sf.lcd_density=140

to

ro.sf.lcd_density=160
qemu.sf.lcd_density=160

Save and reboot.

Reactions: axel199513

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
Damn, there is this serious issue on Beta 1.3: incoming and outgoing calls are unexpectedly dropped. :(

Anyone ever had this issue?

I'm on EDGE network, issues occured when calling EDGE and CDMA phones.

S

stritfajt

Damn, there is this serious issue on Beta 1.3: incoming and outgoing calls are unexpectedly dropped. :(

Anyone ever had this issue?

I'm on EDGE network, issues occured when calling EDGE and CDMA phones.

I got that too! I almost missed a call for a job interview because of it :rolleyes:

I'm not sure, but isn't it possible that we touch the hang up button with our chin or something during the call? Could you try to make a call without touching the phone, using speakerphone or headset? :)

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
I got that too! I almost missed a call for a job interview because of it :rolleyes:

I'm not sure, but isn't it possible that we touch the hang up button with our chin or something during the call? Could you try to make a call without touching the phone, using speakerphone or headset? :)

stritfajt I think that's the problem, not a software or hardware malfunction!:eek::eek::eek:

I made a phone call to my service provider, with phone screen untouched by my face. Everything went fine.

I made a second call, this time after connected I left my cheeck touch the un-dimmed phone screen and guess what? It hung up.

Thanks for the help. Any progress you can share with us about future release?:p

S

stritfajt

stritfajt I think that's the problem, not a software or hardware malfunction!:eek::eek::eek:

I made a phone call to my service provider, with phone screen untouched by my face. Everything went fine.

I made a second call, this time after connected I left my cheeck touch the un-dimmed phone screen and guess what? It hung up.

Thanks for the help. Any progress you can share with us about future release?:p

That's what I hoped for!

I'm actually downloading the latest sources right now. Hopefully, I'll get it working without too much trouble :)

aleksandar.1

Dec 18, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Realme X50 Pro
Other than that, how was other experiences going?
well, after flashing the openGL 2.0 felt smoother :)
But i didn't found anything special to stick with it... (except being the guy in the company with a hero with android 4 :) everybody with an gingerbread or even eclair :D:D )
I think if this rom had a statusbar switches for wifi BT etc, it would be my choise, and another thing is the camera... i don't use it as often (the quality of the photos is not even close to my old nokia N95-2) but would be great if it works :D

I'll follow this forum for any updates and i'm IN for testing :D

paulreminder

Jun 17, 2010
That's what I hoped for!

I'm actually downloading the latest sources right now. Hopefully, I'll get it working without too much trouble :)

Looking forward to it! Which specific version are you working on, 4.0.3 or 4.0.4? Have you seen my little review for beta 1.3? I think it'll be great to add SD card mount option and other stuff like better trackball clicking, auto brightness adjustment, better power control panel and DSP manager.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

well, after flashing the openGL 2.0 felt smoother :)
But i didn't found anything special to stick with it... (except being the guy in the company with a hero with android 4 :) everybody with an gingerbread or even eclair :D:D )
I think if this rom had a statusbar switches for wifi BT etc, it would be my choise, and another thing is the camera... i don't use it as often (the quality of the photos is not even close to my old nokia N95-2) but would be great if it works :D

I'll follow this forum for any updates and i'm IN for testing :D

Yes it'll be great to see camera work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Congratulations, well done :D

In swedish "riktigt jävla bra, kul att du fick igång det"
    Neither did I with luck of sound in Beta 1.4. Switched back to Beta 1.3.

FYI If you would like to add a little native ICS UI for your Beta 1.3 music app, try music player for ICS by CyanogenMod team extracted from CM9 ROM.
    2sbkenr.png
    v80w2d.png

e129nk.png
    161epvl.png

1zvrfgm.png

Installation:

delete music.apk and musicfx.apk located in /system/app by using file manager like root explorer;

download the CM9 music app from http://goo.gl/CckWp;

install it like any standard apks from your sd card;

done.

It's been confirmed by me the music app itself works fine and has equalizer options and DSP configration enabled, which however, is yet to be tested since they were designed for Samsung Galaxy Nexus. So if you want to modify the updater-script files to make them flashable for Hero running ICS ROMs.

Here are DSP manager install and uninstall zips (NEED MODIFYING) I found from http://sghi777.blogspot.com/2012/03/dsp-manager-music-equalizer-for-stock.html

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM.zip

View attachment DSPManager_ICS_CWM_Uninstall.zip
    Keep the good work!

Last few days I was just about to buy a new phone (Galaxy Note or Galaxy Nexus) but my girlfriend convinced me that it was stupid spending €500 on a phone that does just a few things better that the one I have at the moment (Hero). She is absolutely right; I will wait patiently until the death of my Hero!

And this thread sounds like a "breeze of newness" to my old Hero. It would be really great to have ICS fairly working on those thousands still remaining Hero users...

This post doesn't actually helps any particular ROM development. Although I think a positive feedback and a slight sign of happiness brings energy and hope to the ones working on it. And it is as needed any technical knowledge :)

Thank you very much you all for your efforts.
    Flashed the previous version, will flash again once the touch screen is working :)