[Q] Any sightings of the official VZ 4.4.2 OTA?

Search This thread

Garageguy05

Nov 20, 2011
I'm in the midst of rooting - grabbing a late hour here, late hour there. Probably about 50% through the whole SlapMyMoto downgrade / upgrade process.

Was warned that I need to get this done asap, as once 4.4.2 is out, all bets are off.

As part of the SlapMyMoto process involves allowing the phone to upgrade via the 4.4. OTA, I'm getting a bit nervous that I'd get 4.4.2 instead. Hence the question as to whether VZ's 4.4.2 OTA had been sighted yet...

Any and all insights appreciated.

TIA
GG

aldouse

Jul 14, 2010
Milpitas
so far nothing yet on VZW.

just to be sure... are you absolutely set on rooting? i only ask because the Moto X in my opinion is by far nearest to being perfect and i'm looking forward the 4.4.2 OTA (whenever it comes out). I haven't had the root/rom bug since this phone. all other androids i've owned i've always been a flashaholic.

I'm in the midst of rooting - grabbing a late hour here, late hour there. Probably about 50% through the whole SlapMyMoto downgrade / upgrade process.

Was warned that I need to get this done asap, as once 4.4.2 is out, all bets are off.

As part of the SlapMyMoto process involves allowing the phone to upgrade via the 4.4. OTA, I'm getting a bit nervous that I'd get 4.4.2 instead. Hence the question as to whether VZ's 4.4.2 OTA had been sighted yet...

Any and all insights appreciated.

TIA
GG

Garageguy05

Nov 20, 2011
Makes perfect sense. My stress levels just dropped back to zero.

This is why this board is worth its weight in gold.

Thank you for the insight.

GG

jimmypop13

Dec 14, 2010
Spring, TX
Guy on reddit got 4.4.2 on Verizon today. Said he works for Verizon. Produced a screenshot too but failed to grab the OTA link for us :(

Top Liked Posts