[Q] How to disable screen turning on when texts received?

Search This thread

theguru1974

Dec 8, 2010
Isn't there a way to stop the screen from turning on whenever texts are received by using a tool like Root Browser to edit a config file somewhere? I thought I remember reading that somewhere but now can't find the thread where I saw that (I searched this site and google in general).

Thanks.
Eric

Wynnded

Apr 18, 2009
Rockies
My screen doesn't come on when I get texts. I swear that I set it up that way from the start but I'll be darned if I can find the setting for you now. :confused:

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
My screen doesn't come on when I get texts. I swear that I set it up that way from the start but I'll be darned if I can find the setting for you now. :confused:

my rom can do this out of the box.. in my stock sms apk (8sms there is a setting to turn it on but it is disabled by default

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: Wynnded

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

my rom can do this out of the box.. in my stock sms apk (8sms there is a setting to turn it on but it is disabled by default

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app