Application unlock for HTC Monet (Virgin Lobster 700tv)

Search This thread

colonel

Dec 15, 2005
london
Been trying everything on the Internet and managed to make some headway with Monet (Virgin Lobster 700tv) unlock (this might work for Meteor/C700 as well).

1. Firstly you need to get rid of the 'registry security policy' lock.

Download cert install sp.zip:
[see attachment]

a. copy "SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab" to the root of Monet memory or card
b. Use file explorer on monet to navigate to file. Click to run. Should run ok.
c. Unzip "SDA_ApplicationUnlock.zip" on PC and run "SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe" whilst Monet is connected via activesync

2. Copy registry editor onto Monet. I used PHM, but others should work. Note install PHM loader on PC whilst monet is connected via activesync. It might install correctly on Monet, it might not. This does not matter. Just navigate on your PC to Program Files\phm and find the .exe file and copy to root of Monet memory or card.

Also nice free remote registry editor here (works from PC whilst phone is connected via activesync):
http://www.breaksoft.com/Blog/Utilities/2005/1/Mobile_Registry_Editor.aspx

Excellent 'free' combined file explorer and registry editor (perhaps for later - after app. unlock) SGS:
http://www.handango.com/PlatformPro...925777&Ntt=registry&productId=195244&R=195244

3. Using phm (or the registry app you like) change the four keys specified in this guide (you might find the above process has already reset 1001 and 101b:
http://wiki.spv-developers.com/HTC_Application_Unlock_Guide

They are:
Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies:
a. Change the DWORD named "1001" to 1 (could originally be 2)
b. Change the DWORD named "1005" to 40 (could originally be 16)
c. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 1017 = 128 or 16 (before) 144 (after)
d. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies\0000 101b = 1 (this key might not exist, if so, create it).

4. Restart

5. HOORAY. Now your phone is fully application unlocked.

-----the following procedure is to SIM Unlock, this currently does not work. Possibly spv-services will be updated at some time to work with the Monet---->
6. Now download spv_services:
http://www.spv-developers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236

a. copy the cert.cab file to you Monet. Select and run using File explorer. it should run fine.

b. Next step. Run SPV_services from PC whilst phone still connected via Activesync. Should unlock ..... however I get checksum error....

Will investigate. Anyone have any luck please say. At least we can now get the phone app.unlocked.

------------------------->

Note: I have read that the phone might again become app.locked if you do a hard reset. If this is the case, just follow the above again.

rgds

Last edited:

bongmaster

Dec 7, 2006
apparently wen i tell spv services to use simlock tool. it freezes at a blue screen trying to load a php.. this is after i input AGREE into the box..

it opens fine b4 that.. am i doing anything wrong?

colonel

Dec 15, 2005
london
apparently wen i tell spv services to use simlock tool. it freezes at a blue screen trying to load a php.. this is after i input AGREE into the box..

it opens fine b4 that.. am i doing anything wrong?

SPV-Services needs to access the internet.

A php is an active type of web page.

It would appear that there is something blocking it from access the internet. Most probably a firewall on your PC, either the internal windows one, or a 3rd party package you have installed. You need to check this.

If its for the Monet I wouldn't bother anyhow as SPV-Services can not currently SIMunlock this phone.

rgds

bongmaster

Dec 7, 2006
SPV-Services needs to access the internet.

A php is an active type of web page.

It would appear that there is something blocking it from access the internet. Most probably a firewall on your PC, either the internal windows one, or a 3rd party package you have installed. You need to check this.

If its for the Monet I wouldn't bother anyhow as SPV-Services can not currently SIMunlock this phone.

rgds

1st thing i checked was the firewall.. :)

i know wat a php is ;) i run a phpbb forum :) and yea it is a Monet (lobster 700)..

shame ( i really need to unlock the networks on it :( ) i have an O2 sim and wen i put it in it askes for a network unlock code.. if only i had that code.. any idea how to obtain it?

colonel

Dec 15, 2005
london
the only way currently is to use virgin or a commercial service

If you put at least £30 of talk time on your virgin account, they will send you the unlock code for free.
Otherwise search google or this forum for a commercial unlocking service.

rgds

classicxda

May 20, 2005
Virgin Lobster

I have followed all the instructions

I get an error when running the sim lock to as follows:

Encrypted checksum not found :(

I then use a vodafone sime and get Network is locked. PLease input unlock code.

Any ideas?

SteveW

colonel

Dec 15, 2005
london
just phone virgin if yu have a lobster. they require £30 of airtime to be purchased before they give you the code

leadweight

Jan 27, 2007
Oxford
Application Unlock for HTC Monet

Hi colonel

I have been trying in vain to do an application unlock on my Lobster 700tv. I have managed to install and run the "SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab" which went ok. The "SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe" also ran ok. However, running PHM required a copy to be placed on the Monet which I did. Attempting to run the "setup.exe", gave the following message:

"ALERT: Setup is Not a Valid Windows CE Application"

Because of this, I attempted to change the registry keys using "Mobile Registry Editor.exe" which seemed to do the job. However, applications still wont work (I'm trying to install TomTom Navigator 6).

I have since managed to load and run "MobileRegistryEditor.exe" on my phone without problems but I still cannot get TomTom Navigator 6 to run, although it loads onto the storage card ok.

Please can you help?

Regards,

leadweight

Last edited:

bocsta

Jan 24, 2007
London
Hi colonel

I have been trying in vain to do an application unlock on my Lobster 700tv. I have managed to install and run the "SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab" which went ok. The "SDA_ApplicationUnlock.exe" also ran ok. However, running PHM required a copy to be placed on the Monet which I did. Attempting to run the "setup.exe", gave the following message:

"ALERT: Setup is Not a Valid Windows CE Application"

Because of this, I attempted to change the registry keys using "Mobile Registry Editor.exe" which seemed to do the job. However, applications still wont work (I'm trying to install TomTom Navigator 6).

I have since managed to load and run "MobileRegistryEditor.exe" on my phone without problems but I still cannot get TomTom Navigator 6 to run, although it loads onto the storage card ok.

Please can you help?

Regards,

leadweight

I also have been trying to unlock my Lobby to no avail.
Used a couple of reg editors but when u change the values the phone comes back "Unable to perform this operation".
I also used the HTC unlocker which came back with the same message.

leadweight

Jan 27, 2007
Oxford
Lobster headache

Hi bocsta

I had problems to start with but I had failed to read colonel's instructions correctly. I couldn't get PHM to run on my phone so I tried some of colonel's other suggestions. I found that "SGS Explorer" did load ok and I used its registry editor to change the registry keys as listed. I am assuming that my phone is now unlocked but TomTom Navigator 6 will not run.

Can someone please help before I throw my lobster back in the sea?

Regads .....

Last edited:

bocsta

Jan 24, 2007
London
Hi bocsta

I had problems to start with but I had failed to read colonel's instructions correctly. I couldn't get PHM to run on my phone so I tried some of colonel's other suggestions. I found that "SGS Explorer" did load ok and I used its registry editor to change the registry keys as listed. I am assuming that my phone is now unlocked but TomTom Navigator 6 will not run.

Can someone please help before I throw my lobster back in the sea?

Regads .....

Colonels zip file comes nack as not a valid archive ?

Where can I find the first file in his list being : SP_AllowCertificateInstall.cab ???

bocsta

Jan 24, 2007
London
I have just tried it again and it downloaded ok. I'm not sure why you have had problems - keep trying as it could be just a glitch.

Regards ...

Yes it dowmloads OK. I just cant unzip it. Can you try to unzip it please ?

If it fails and you still have the Zip file that you unzipped originally cann you please PM it to me ?

Thanks