[ROM] [ICS 4.0.4] JJ's HYBRID ROM v3.3b (HotUpdate) ROM Control | 12 Aug |

Search This thread

jjdoctor

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
i will try find it .. wait a min, want to connect my usb ;)

EDIT: supercharge in hw_config.sh ??!

EDIT2: 2G/3G fixed? cos after i flash v4(fixed) 2G/3G still not work

yup.. copied that from DoomLord and it seems to work.. I got 200mb with fresh install and then after isntallling my apps it got 180mb... give it a go .. wont harm.. just delete it if u dont like it..;)

+1

Can confirm this too.

Hmm.. I copied that Semcphone.apk from old ROm to try to get it working... cant check it since we dont have 3G...

Hello jjdoctor

I'd like to report a bug. I have encountered it in v3 and now v4 and do not now the cause or the solution. (I never tried v1 or v2)

Symptom:

When trying to play music with the stock music player, no music is available or found on the SD card or playable. When pressing play, it opens the player, tries to start playing (black music screen) and responds with the message (in Dutch): "Muziek is gestopt" which would translates into "Music stopped or music has stopped or music stopped playing". The message can only be removed by pressing 'ok'. The player then closes and after a few seconds the same message pops up again. But no music.

It is possible to play music (for example through the filemanager) so the hardware is in order as far as I know.

In v3 I removed some services so I thought that was the cause. But in v4 the same thing happens and this time i did not thinker with anything (stock install with stock apps). Now the strange thing is: This 'bug' starts only after a few reboots. The first few times the music on the SD card is indexed correctly and plays fine with the stock player. But then suddely the stock player stops playing without a reason. In v3 I 'solved' it by trying a few non stock players. In Poweramp I could select the music dir manually so it played my music. But I would like to use the stock player so maybe you have a solution or tips for things I should check. Al the media indexer services are running fine.

Other than this bug I totally love v4!!! it's rock stable, very battery friendly and fast. so thumbs up for your hard work!

Noone complained abt music player in all these days... If u are not happy with then flash Sony music player Addon..

sirkay

Mar 24, 2011
KL
yup.. copied that from DoomLord and it seems to work.. I got 200mb with fresh install and then after isntallling my apps it got 180mb... give it a go .. wont harm.. just delete it if u dont like it..;)

Hmm.. I copied that Semcphone.apk from old ROm to try to get it working... cant check it since we dont have 3G

its okay, thought u forgot to remove it before u make the rom.

i mean 2g/3g toggle. u can try by toggle it and see the 3g/2g change or not.

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium

guardante

Feb 24, 2010
Odessa
Another bugtrack for this ROM.
When i try to change camera mode from photo to video, it changes, but nothing hapens then. It doesn't react on any touches and buttons.

jjdoctor

May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
then .. send me that damn thing ..
btw, is it in system ui.apk or framework? damn i have short-term memory loss, too focus on kernel, forgot about roms lol :D

Concentrate on kernel man... My Rom lives on that....:D...,i will handle ROM part ..

download Elegant black or AOSP theme depending on incoming call screen you like and pull out SemcPhone.apk from it and replace....

I think i copied it in v4 fixed ROM but don't know exactly... I can't test 3G since i don't know it's not changing due to no 3G or bug...

I am happy, there are No reports of Battery drains in Ray ROM... You guys are lucky since my Arc version had several reports of battery drain....:)

Reactions: sirkay

sirkay

Mar 24, 2011
KL
Concentrate on kernel man... My Rom lives on that....:D...,i will handle ROM part ..

download Elegant black or AOSP theme depending on incoming call screen you like and pull out SemcPhone.apk from it and replace....

I think i copied it in v4 fixed ROM but don't know exactly... I can't test 3G since i don't know it's not changing due to no 3G or bug...

I am happy, there are No reports of Battery drains in Ray ROM... You guys are lucky since my Arc version had several reports of battery drain....:)

lucky to have me to make a kernel for Ray not Arc? :p

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
then .. send me that damn thing ..
btw, is it in system ui.apk or framework? damn i have short-term memory loss, too focus on kernel, forgot about roms lol :D
is it FCing or is it not responding when clicked? If FCing, Maybe the version of SemcPhone.apk is still from ICS Beta. if not responding, the SemcPhone is not modded.

@jjdoctor: Well we still have to give credit to DoomLord though, without his github set as public, we're doomed now (pun intended :p), unless aire kindly publishes his kernel here :eek:

Last edited:

sirkay

Mar 24, 2011
KL
is it FCing or is it not responding when clicked? If FCing, Maybe the version of SemcPhone.apk is still from ICS Beta. if not responding, the SemcPhone is not modded.

no fc but like its untouchable :). i flash your mod partA, partB and statusbar widget 3g/2g toggle work fine but batt % hardly to see. can i just replace semcphone.apk from v4 w/out replace framework?

jjdoctor

May 3, 2011
Rawalpindi
Damn i was too lazy to use the new mods by hansip, coz then i had to update all battery mods and u never know official pops in with different version so all goes in vain...:-/

I will provide you wwith a small update patch with AOSP theme, AOSP battery % and that 3G fix mod tonight... But no other battery mods till official...

hansip87

Jan 14, 2011
Jakarta
Damn i was too lazy to use the new mods by hansip, coz then i had to update all battery mods and u never know official pops in with different version so all goes in vain...:-/

I will provide you wwith a small update patch with AOSP theme, AOSP battery % and that 3G fix mod tonight... But no other battery mods till official...
Just copy and paste bud :p Well, since there are requests for clearer battery icon, i'll start my 100 image editing tonight just to add more shadow to those text.. :eek:

sirkay

Mar 24, 2011
KL

@jjdoctor: Well we still have to give credit to DoomLord though, without his github set as public, we're doomed now (pun intended :p), unless aire kindly publishes his kernel here :eek:

+1 on credits to DooMLoRD. so much contribution in developement.

neon

Nov 10, 2005
First of all, love this rom... its awesome fast...

I have 1 big issue... would be great if some one can give me a fix.. this is stopping me from using this rom :(

ok, here's the case:
turn on the phone, turn on wifi, goto wifi options, select my router (my connection), type in the password, and it connects... if you actually stare at the the wifi options page, it shows that its changing ths status of the wifi connection quite few time before it connects (from connecting.. obtaining ip address.. connection.. blah.. blah.. finally connected.. then its all great)..
But here is the problem. once you do that.. you turn off your phone, turn it back on again, and you realise ur not connected to ur wifi. wifi is still enabled. so I goto wifi options, i see my wifi connection is under "not in range" (i see all my nabours wifi connections still, just not mine).. that cant be true, im siting right next to the router.. ok, thats fine.. disable and re-enable wifi again on my phone... still the same thing.. so now, i click and forget my wifi network, disable and reenable wifi again, and wah, my wifi appears in the list... so i attempt to connect again (i have to re enter the password now since i made the phone forget it). but after attempting to connect (it never connects), but now my router looses internet connectivity... wifi is still active, but i have to restart the router to get internet again...

and this happens every time i restart the phone... havent attempted going out of range of wifi and walking back into range..

Any ideas? sorry for the long explenation :p
it just blew my mind..

Help anyone?
i have no issue like this with any other rom i tried from here.. all CM and ICS mods i tried didnt cause anything like this...

Top Liked Posts