[Q] Themed Dialer/Contacts on I527?

Search This thread

Huttah

Oct 15, 2013
Hello, XDA. I just recently made an eBay purchase for my Galaxy Mega i527 a few days ago. Came with a broken screen, did a replacement, and so on and so forth... Anyhow, I just recently rooted it, did a semi-debloat of stock apps, and customized it largely through Xposed (seeing as how the bootloader is locked. Won't make the mistake of buying a phone like this again.)

However, now that I have the whole thing just about the way I want it, there's just a few minor inconveniences. My biggest peeve right now is that fact I've themed damn near the whole ROM in a darker tone. Yet, I can't seem to properly change the colors of either the Phone/Dialer or Contacts. Anything I do to it through Xposed modules give me a very half-themed result that looks utterly terrible.

So my question is, is there anyone with a Mega 6.3 who has themed / customized their Dialer and Contacts apk? And would there be any way to share said things? If not, would I be safe in decompiling the apks myself and trying to theme them? I just don't want to replace these system apks and after the past 9 hours I've spent customizing this thing, having a soft-brick that I then have to go through the trouble of using Odin/Kies to flash stock back.

I rooted it using the Kingo Root method/application and I'm on Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.

Jul 14, 2014
Stock i9200 4.2.2 Dialer and Contacts.apk

Have you tried pushing the stock dialer and contacts.apk from the stock i9200 rom to the stock i527 rom? does it work? the i527 dialer and contacts have white theme but i want the dark theme of stock i9200 but i don't have the file to push

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

Have you tried pushing the stock dialer and contacts.apk from the stock i9200 rom to the stock i527 rom? does it work? the i527 dialer and contacts have white theme but i want the dark theme of stock i9200 but i don't have the file to push

I already tried pushing the stock dialer and contacts from a i9205 deodexed megafire custom rom but i get force close when opening the dialer/contacts perhaps it needs an odex file which i can only get from someone running stock if they would upload the apk + odex files here